Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Canadian TV Schedule for 2011-12

CBC Schedule for Grand Prix Series, Grand Prix Final, Four Continents, World Juniors and the Worlds
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/broadcast/

TSN/CTV Schedule for Skate Canada
    http://tsn.ca/skiing/feature/?fid=51109

@ CBC showing the World Juniors again

vCash
    It does not seem as if CTV will be airing Skate Canada live and/or complete. Where in the world is the gala?

Wow, so great. I hope people enjoy CTV's oh-so brilliant commentary shown on an affordable channel at a reasonable hour.

vCash
    Notice also that the World Championships Preliminaries seem to be on the schedule too - they didn't have that last year.

vCash
    There is no coverage of Skate America on the BOLD schedule, I'm so disappointed.

Anyone know if it will be on cbc.ca?

vCash
    Thanks, seaner00. I needed that.

vCash
    My PVR is showing the Friday schedule of Skate Canada. It'll be on TSN 11am-2pm PT and then TSN2 4:30pm-7:30pm (the website indicates TSN, though). That corresponds to actual Friday schedule of Skate Canada. We *may* actually get all the performances, at least that first day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    There is no coverage of Skate America on the BOLD schedule, I'm so disappointed.

Anyone know if it will be on cbc.ca?
    It's on the main CBC television station. I set my DVR for it yesterday.
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

vCash
    Wow, the whole 4CC and World Juniors on cbcsports.ca!! This made my day (after the lack of 4CC coverage last season)!!

vCash
    It's possible to access the cbc.ca coverage after the event is over, isn't it?

vCash
    There is coverage on both cbcsports.ca and CBC Television. I haven't compared to the actual event times so I don't know if anything is live but have a look for yourself - http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/broadcast/

There is encore coverage on CBC Bold.

Click on the source name at the top of the schedule to see each schedule individually.

Any of the figure skating that was streamed is usually available on demand. Select the Full Games and Shows option.

vCash
    CTV/TSN have just announced that Rod Black will be commentating alongside Tracy Wilson. Sara Orlesky will be the rinkside and backstage reporter. Brian Williams is the host.
    http://tsn.ca/figure_skating/story/?id=378546

Is Tracy not working with the CBC anymore or does she have 2 commentator jobs now?
    Last edited by seaner00; 10-21-2011 at 03:33 AM.

vCash
    I think you mean 3, or is it more, commentator jobs. Tracy is pretty free lance - she works for US based channels as well so just because she is on the TSN/CTV broadcast team I would not automatically assume she won't show up on CBC, though I wouldn't be surprised it that won't happen until at least the GP Final. (Or maybe only World Championships?) Hard to say for sure until there is an announcement from CBC or until it happens.

vCash
    According to the CBC sports link and my TV Times, they are showing Skate America Sunday beginning at 3:00 p.m. Calgary time on the main channel. My DVR, which is usually quite accurate, shows that time as Canadian Antiques Roadshow. Does anybody know which is right? Thanks.
    pug lover

vCash
    According to Star Week and Shaw Direct, CBC will show Skate America from 3 - 5 p.m. on Sunday.

vCash
    On yesterday's broadcast, they advertised ladies & pairs SP plus dance LP at 3 p.m. today, plus additional coverage at 12:30 a.m. tonight (technically tomorrow) for the ladies & pairs LP.

vCash
    So further to the Tracy Wilson question, she did appear at the top of the CBC broadcast from Skate America giving an overview of the competition. I believe she was later on the NBC broadcast but haven't watched the DVR yet.

Brenda Irving seems to have stepped it up a notch this year. We are getting more knowledgeable comments from her instead of rehashed comments about the skater's personal histories.

vCash

Smile Hi from @skatingPj

Hi everyone!

I am sorry for the late notice...had a laptop dissolve in front of my very eyes and am still trying to ramp up the new one!!! (Feel my pain!)

It is nice to see that the CBC schedule is posted...and I wanted to let you know that we are trying something new for Skate Canada and that is live blogging in addtion to my tweeting @skatingpj with all of the event-related stuff as it unfolds. Live blogging at scribblelive.com is fun because we can post pics, videos (I got Bruce Davison yesterday) and small opinion pieces as well as it pulling in my tweets to that spot...

Here is the link:

https://client.scribblelive.com/Event/Skate_Canada

Any questions or whatever - please feel free to be in touch...you guys have your fingers on the pulse of skating and I couldn't be more pleased to be part of this skating fraternity!

Cheers

Pj

vCash
    Oh didn't see this in time for today, but it should be a big help for tomorrow when I can't see the Free Dance live. Only problem is it is asking for my login as if I am running the blog or something. Maybe this is just because it isn't active right now? (I hope)

vCash
    Hi Skate Talker! I am not sure as I am still new..But I just got a quick Tutorial!.Here is the link to the blog: http://t.co/W3eoHZC The audience doesn't need to create an account...I am in the midst of my pre-event thumb stretching (and hair curling!) so I will be ready to go when it all starts! Pj
    Last edited by skatingpj; 10-30-2011 at 01:35 PM. Reason: my link was wrong - I am lame!

vCash
    Good job by TSN/CTV.

I love PJ, but there is something different when the commentators are in the arena. The interviews intros, montages and fluff pieces done by TSN tend to be flashier and glossier than CBC. But CTV can get repetitive--gee, Tessa is skating pain free? Patrick has world record scores? Javier is coached by Brian Orser? Elizaveta Tuktamisheva is a jumping machine? Okay, I get it!

I miss not seeing the medal ceremonies.

CTV provides far superior French Canadian coverage, though. Too bad our area does not get RDS2 coverage.

And no technical glitches, which CBC has a tendency to experience.

PJ, any chance for complete and live coverage of anything besides Worlds and GPF? 4CC or Jr Worlds, perhaps?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast