Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    You flat out don't know who is going to end up last because there are too many variables that can impact the results this season. the Boarders pay the most attention to the clues, Ma/Pa are tougher than they look, Cindy will kill somebody before the race is over....who knows? Love this season.

vCash
    Phil is also a psychologist.

I love the boarders. Glad to see the showgirls gone. Time for the twins to go next. And Cindy. Glad to see the bickering sibs gave it a rest for an episode. Ma can take a fall!

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Where did this dating couple come from? I don't remember seeing them before.
    Glad I wasn't the only one wondering about them

I love this season- very challenging tasks, interesting destinations, and none of the teams totally grate. Yah the brother/sister can be annoying... but imo they pale in comparison to teams I've hated. At least so far, anyway.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Phil is also a psychologist.

I love the boarders. Glad to see the showgirls gone. Time for the twins to go next. And Cindy. Glad to see the bickering sibs gave it a rest for an episode. Ma can take a fall!
    What? I love Cindy. She's fierce. I thought she was going to carry Ernie on her own bike. I don't dislike any of the teams this season.
    I just knew Marcus/wife were toast...lost taxi, screwed up at first task, couldn't even get the Buddha clue with help and the Showgirls are done in by not paying their taxi first.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleBway View Post
    Glad I wasn't the only one wondering about them
    Was that the team I saw get out of a taxi mid-way through the episode and I thought "who the heck are they?"
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    My only complaint is that I want them to leave Asia now! Three legs is enough - go to other places.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Oh wow! I think I jinxed the Showgirls!

Counseling on the bathmat by Phil!!
    I love Phil. That was really sweet.

I'm so glad I picked the showgirls last week. Go Ma and Pa!

I don't like that the Boarders tried to give the other team the answer -- though I love that football dude wasn't even able to use it -- but I do generally like the Boarders.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Everyone has pretty much covered it, but I will add one thing...

When Cindy was reeling off the list of all they'd done to prepare for the Race, anyone else think...

And did you learn how to drive a stick shift car/truck?

That's brought down so many Teams in the past. I hope she thought of that, because if not and we get to that point in the Race....Holy Meltdown possible!!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    another great episode! the snowboarders continue to impress.

yeah, they did help Amani and Marcus - but their help proves that you can lead a horse to water, but the horse still has to figure out how to drink it They also tried to help Zac/Laurance by telling them to check their clue, to no avail. Dudes, when someone says that to you in the middle of a task for no reason, it's probably because you're doing something wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    for Bill and Cathi.

and an extra for Bill completing the Roadblock by himself with NO help!
    TOTALLY.

Sorry to see the Showgirls go (although they kept my suicide streak going ), but once we got Kaylani's tearful "I'm doing this for my daughter" speech during the ep, their fate was pretty much sealed.

Cathi is a freakin star
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    for Bill and Cathi.

and an extra for Bill completing the Roadblock by himself with NO help!
    Yes, love 'em ... they make me smile. ( the preview with Cathi catcalling Bill while he's scaling the cliff.)

I was preparing myself to SWEAR OFF TAR FOREVER FOR THE THIRD TIME when Bill was working that temple challenge alone while the other five teams were cajoling and doing it as a team. I fully expected the clique to collectively pass Bill then skip onto the bathmat hands entwined.

STOP ANSWER SHARING! I'm ready to tell Phil myself that this fairness issue is pissing viewers off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Absolutely. But this Buddha challenge is going to be deadly.

Where did this dating couple come from? I don't remember seeing them before.
    When they're shown, I think "oh, yeh, they're in this" ... then I forget about them immediately, and completely until the next time they're shown.

I could not describe them beside the blonde hair on the woman, and I cannot recall either name. So I'll just have to bestow them the name The Invisibles!

Agree, huge challenge improvement this season! No "eat a hot dog and have a beer" challenges (er, yet), and no coddling the out-of-shape.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    On my TV's onscreen viewer guide where it tells you the previews of the show, it said something about one team "being delayed in Indonesia due to a medical emergency". I don't remember anything about a medical emergency tonight or anyone being delayed other than the guy who lost a pedal on his bike??

The other sentence of the viewer guide was correct, but I don't get what the medical emergency was? Or was that just flat out wrong?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    On my TV's onscreen viewer guide where it tells you the previews of the show, it said something about one team "being delayed in Indonesia due to a medical emergency". I don't remember anything about a medical emergency tonight or anyone being delayed other than the guy who lost a pedal on his bike??

The other sentence of the viewer guide was correct, but I don't get what the medical emergency was? Or was that just flat out wrong?
    I'd meant to post that last night. DirecTV generally doesn't lie to me, so I was fully expecting someone to be bitten by an eville snake in the rice swamp or have an allergic reaction to the or the hay.

Stranded in Indonesia! It didn't make sense to me, as it was apparent they weren't leaving that country in last night's episode; but, still, I was waiting for signs of sickness by racers ... none came. So, perhaps that snippet was a week ahead of itself? Maybe at the pitstop, somebody becomes ill/has that allergic reaction, or injures his/herself?

I was counting who was in the previews to ascertain who might not have made it to X location, but it was no help as only three teams were shown. And, who knows, one of those three could be doing the challenge hours after the others?

vCash
    Apparently, we shouldn't underestimate the stoked sufer dudes.
    They are actually Olympic snow boarders, not surfers. Although, judging from their bike skills, I bet they are also surfers!

That being said, I love, love, love the Dudes!! They are smart, considerate, and funny. However, I don't really understand why Tommy would want Marcus to make it to the next round over a team like the Showgirls. Marcus seems like a cool guy, but I wouldn't want to be in a foot race to the mat with him. I hope they stop sharing info soon.

The old folks are starting to grow on me. Bill is a real hoot and they seem to be pretty tough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    They are actually Olympic snow boarders, not surfers. Although, judging from their bike skills, I bet they are also surfers!

That being said, I love, love, love the Dudes!! They are smart, considerate, and funny.
    Love 'em, too! Even their snarks are said with respect and good humor. I'm still chuckling at Dude II's response to Zac, who - at the temple challenge - had just told his dad "take your time".

Dude II: "Take your time? What show are you on?"

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post

That being said, I love, love, love the Dudes!! They are smart, considerate, and funny. However, I don't really understand why Tommy would want Marcus to make it to the next round over a team like the Showgirls. Marcus seems like a cool guy, but I wouldn't want to be in a foot race to the mat with him. I hope they stop sharing info soon.

The old folks are starting to grow on me. Bill is a real hoot and they seem to be pretty tough.
    I know they're Boarders, but most snow boarders surf as well and use the same language. Did you not see them bicycle surfing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Dude II: "Take your time? What show are you on?"
    This is the best line I've ever heard on any reality TV show.

vCash
    I don't object to teams working together to solve a puzzle but I do object to a team passing an answer to another team so the 2nd team doesn't have to spend time figureing the answer out for themselves.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I like the entire cast this season. The Boarders and Ma/Pa are my favorites (smart, funny, tough as nails), but Marcus is funny, Cindy scares me (but fascinates me at the same time), the twins, Zac/Dad and bickerlings are all OK. I think the tasks are much more challenging since they require reading comprehension and it's a complete mixup on who will come out on top and who will end up last each week.

vCash
    I know they're Boarders, but most snow boarders surf as well and use the same language. Did you not see them bicycle surfing?
    Yep! That's why I said this:

Although, judging from their bike skills, I bet they are also surfers!

I find it really interesting to read everyone's comments over here and then go over to TWoP and read their comments. Some people on that board thought Bill was being "racist" when he was saying "We numb-ah one" in a stereotypical Asian accent. I have to admit that I was a little shocked when he did that... I considered it poor judgement more than anything.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast