JGP Tallinn Ladies Medal Predictions

Who will medal in the final JGP?

vCash
    Cesario!!

vCash
    1 Risa SHOJI JPN
    2 Samantha CESARIO USA
    3 Gracie GOLD USA

4 Anna SHERSHAK RUS (her lack of a loop, flip and lutz could hurt her here more than it did in Italy)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    1 Risa SHOJI JPN
    2 Samantha CESARIO USA
    3 Gracie GOLD USA

4 Anna SHERSHAK RUS (her lack of a loop, flip and lutz could hurt her here more than it did in Italy)
    I think you've got it right, Jenna but I really hope Cesario can pull off a gold medal win here. She's the total package IMO other than a 3/3 but Shoji is just SOOO good.

vCash
    I agree, but Shoji is really good! Her FS in Brisbane should have won her the gold medal, IMO. Also, Gracie Gold could be a huge spoiler here. If she hits her 3-3 and other jumps she could be a contender for the gold as well.

vCash
    Gracie wins Gold... heh... what a pun!

vCash
    I think:

1.) Risa Shoji
    2.) Samantha Cesario
    3.) Gracie Gold

and then Shershak probably in 4th. She's lovely but I don't think a 4 triple FS will be enough to land her on the podium in this deep field. I think if Risa can skate clean/almost clean and manage to avoid URs (or even if she gets just 1 or 2), then she will likely win. But if she has a few to several URs then maybe she will finish 2nd, or possibly 3rd. Gracie is a great talent but idk if her PCS will be comparable to Samantha and Risa, in addition to being an international unknown, from what I've seen of her skating, she seems to be mostly a technician at this point. But she certainly is very talented. Samantha appeared to be in great form in Poland, but I wonder if her lack of a 3-3 could prevent her from winning gold. We shall see. I expect it will be an exciting and close competition btwn the 3 ladies I predicted to be on the podium.

Also, with Hicks withdrawal, Miyahara's 5th place, and Gold's not being eligible, Risa and Samantha likely have a little more leeway in what they need to make the final. For example, I think if Samantha is 2nd and Risa is 3rd they should both still qualify. Although I guess Shershak has a chance now too, although I don't really see her finishing higher than 4th here, and if Risa and Samantha can both manage a 2 and a 3 finish, then they'd qualify ahead of Korobeinikova with 2 and 4 and Shershak should she finish 4th here.

vCash
    Looks like I am the only one who voted for Yuki Nishino. I really liked her skating on YT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Looks like I am the only one who voted for Yuki Nishino. I really liked her skating on YT.
    I love her too but there's two problems with selecting her for a podium finish:

1. She's horribly inconsistent
    2. Lots of UR problems (I believe her last four jumps were all underrotated in Austria)

vCash
    Wow! Gracie Gold gets to compete. I didn't know that ....

vCash
    Shershak has a shot, but only if Shoji/Cesario has problems. I voted for Gold, but we haven't seen her in actual (international) competition just yet. She does look VERY promising, tho.

vCash
    Go for the Gold, Sammy!!!

vCash
    ^I was curious to know why several of you are putting Gracie Gold behind Cesario, Shershak and Shoji. Does her skating lack in some way? Just curious. Thanks,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    ^I was curious to know why several of you are putting Gracie Gold behind Cesario, Shershak and Shoji. Does her skating lack in some way? Just curious. Thanks,
    Her skating is a little boring. Her technical is awesome and if she skates two clean programs, she may just win. Based on the other jgps, being boring is okay :p

vCash
    I think it will be between Gold, Shoji and Cesario. If one of them will make mistakes or URs then Shershak will have a chance. Gold can even win it, but we still have to see what international judges will say about her.
    BTW, I really don't understand US logic. They gave Cain second JGP and didn't give Miller who really deserved it. And now Gold is going to JGP without any chance for a final, but if she beats Cesario and Shoji places 1-2 then Samantha will not qualify to the final either. I do think Gold deserves a spot, but they should have sent her earlier

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    IBTW, I really don't understand US logic. They gave Cain second JGP and didn't give Miller who really deserved it. And now Gold is going to JGP without any chance for a final, but if she beats Cesario and Shoji places 1-2 then Samantha will not qualify to the final either. I do think Gold deserves a spot, but they should have sent her earlier
    FYI, there has been plenty of lively discussion on this topic in the US JGP Assignments thread : http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=77233&page=17
    (I don't think it would have been logistically possible to send Miller to Estonia even if she had won the gold in Milan because of the events being back-to-back.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    I think for a few reasons:

1.) This will be her 1st international competition ever, so a certain level of nerves is to be expected and that might affect her performance here (think Agnes in the SP at JW '10 and Courtney in the SP at JW '11)

2.) Related to number 1, she's an no-name internationally which could hurt her PCS (though this hasn't seemed to be the case for other strong skaters in the same situation this season)

3.) At least to me, her skating is a little boring and all-business. She's a great technician, but from what I've seen, the competition (Cesario, Shoji, Shershak) has her beat from an artistic standpoint, and Shoji especially and Cesario also have the tech to back it up.

It's hard to predict who will win, but I hope they all bring their A games because if they do it should make for a very exciting competition!

vCash
    Wow, I don't think Gracie is boring at all! Her jumps are huge, and I think in her FS especially, she shows off her great basics and her long, elegant arms and legs.

I think nerves/reputation could hurt her as Pinky mentioned, but I still think she is a serious medal contender.

P.S.

Err, does someone really think Schweinbacher has a chance in hell of winning a medal?

vCash
    1. Gracie GOLD USA
    2. Risa SHOJI JPN
    3. Samantha CESARIO USA

Shoji (26) and Cesario (22) into the JGPF (Cesario would beat Korobeynikova & Agafonova on the points tiebreak, methinks).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Wow, I don't think Gracie is boring at all! Her jumps are huge, and I think in her FS especially, she shows off her great basics and her long, elegant arms and legs.

I think nerves/reputation could hurt her as Pinky mentioned, but I still think she is a serious medal contender.

P.S.

Err, does someone really think Schweinbacher has a chance in hell of winning a medal?
    Just watched her programs again, I do like the FS a lot. Her SP is nice, but I don't know if Sugar Plum Fairy is the best vehicle for a powerful skater like Gracie. I still think if Risa is clean she can win though, but maybe I'm biased because I just love her skating/style (Arakawa reincarnated ). I also like Samantha a lot too though and her huge jumps, and Anna. So however the results pan out, I'll be happy. I just hope Risa and Samantha can both make the final. Anna is so young that she'll have many other chances.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast