vCash

RyanB Love ... Montage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZyxi...eature=related

Some of RyanB's best moments. Dare I say, that he probably hurt himself by staying too long with a coach who stunted his development artistically? I mean check out how much better Joshua Farris looks this season with different coaches.

Ryan so needed to take ballet lessons and gain more stretch and flexibility, and not necessarily focus on parodying classical music/ balletic approach to skating. But this is about loving Ryan's energy, charm, and enthusiasm, and remembering some of the best moments of his career.

vCash
    Thank you! I'm sharing this with my niece who loves Lady Gaga (she doesn't follow figure skating, but loves when Johnny skates to her music).

I loved this montage and hope TPTB @ SOI sign him up for 2012. I think he is/will be a terrific show skater!

vCash
    Another thanks for the video. I agree that Ryan would make a great show skater. He's doing a lot of the Disson shows; I also think he would be great with SOI!

vCash
    Thanks for your comments, paskatefan, and attyfan. The person who created this montage did a great job. Love everything, especially that last bit in the kiss 'n cry, with Ryan casually playing a guitar (or at least miming playing it?)

Ryan will be a blast with any shows he joins.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    I love Ryan's skating/showmanship/personaltiy. The unfortunate thing is that he came along too late. He would have totally rocked the pro competitions! I would have loved seeing him up against Browning and Hamilton.

vCash
    That montage was made for me, fun fact

There was definitely a reason why I picked the song, and certain parts in the montage

vCash
    Oh, that's cool, ryanbfan. It's great that you've gotten to meet Ryan personally too, and have shared your love for him with other fans. I will never forget seeing Ryan for the first time at 2000 Nationals -- his first trip to seniors. It was my first experience live and in-person at U.S. Nationals, and I had an all-ticket pass so I got to see practices and experienced up-close Ryan's ear-to-ear smile. He looked stoked and happy at competing in seniors for the first time. He also did very well, as I recall. I wish someone who has it could upload a vid of Ryan's performances at his first Nationals. It was great seeing Ryan so happy when he first broke through at Nats and won silver in '07, and when he won gold last January. Ryan has always been one of the skaters who make me happy.

I saw this on youtube, ha ha -- two of my favorite skaters together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-1TmcDE9NI

Strikes me that why I like each of them is because although they are very different, they aren't afraid to be themselves and express who they are on and off the ice. I also think they have a lot of respect for each other. While people close to Ryan might have been ticked off by JW's long ago "vodka shot, snort coke" reference, I think Ryan probably understood the humorous intent of JW's comment, and had a good laugh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Ryan has always been one of the skaters who make me happy.
    I have to agree here. That's why I like him so much, his happy attitude and laidback personality when he skates really translates to those watching (imo) and it's infectious. His skating makes you happy - it makes you laugh.

I think it's really awesome when someone who finds so much joy, happiness, etc. in skating shares it with the people watching. If that makes sense.

vCash
    Totally makes sense, ryanbfan. Definitely, Ryan has a great personality, exuberance, and joie de vivre. That's always what I've enjoyed the most about his skating. With a coach who might have helped guide Ryan to develop his skating skills more and to gain more stretch, flexibility and line ... I believe Ryan would have been more competitive with the best in the world. Still, maybe it's better to accept what is, be happy and be at peace. Ryan certainly gave it his all to stay with the sport, win 2 Collegiate titles and come back on the senior Nationals scene to add spark, entertainment, win new fans, and yes, to eventually become U.S. National champion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISEYOXCf4zk
    (No truer words from Dick, here 2:36 - 2:52)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=368YE...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOuuv...eature=related