Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    I always sit my myself when I go to the movie theater. I'm one of those people who is really particular about "my space". I don't even like sitting next to people on the bus if I can help it.

As for coming to a place of worship and talking, that is also a pet peeve of mine. It use to drive me up a wall when I would try to listen to the sermon and women would just talk and talk and talk. Sometimes I wanted to hold up a sign that said "STFU!" Fortunately, this isn't an issue where I currently worship but I think part of it is due to the design of the mosque. You couldn't really talk during the sermon without literally disturbing everyone.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

vCash
    I remember going to the movies with a friend and having someone always come and sit right next to her. There could be tons of empty seats in the row or theater but they would always sit right next to her. She would get so aggravated and I would as I moved over. That must happened at least 5 times.

Banned Member
    vCash
    My biggest pet peeve right now since I'm noticing it more and more, like every blog I read, is when someone says "She should of done.." "I could of done", etc. It's getting to the point where I copy and respond and take them to task. I'm turning into my 100 y/o third grade teacher, a real b*tch. It's just driving me mad.

I agree with the sitting in an empty theater and someone comes and sits either right next to you or right in front of you when there are like 500 other empty seats. Same thing when showering at the gym and I'm the only one in there and out of 20 available shower heads someone comes right next to me. Fortunately my gym opened up a new facility where the showers are single and you have a curtain.

vCash
    Actually the cinema thing leads me to the toilet thing. Where you have a whole lot of cubicles in the work toilets, but if you are the only one in there, certain people have to go into the cubicle right next to the one you are in when they have a whole lot of toilets to pick from. Myself and another woman chat about it quite often how much it bugs us and makes us feel uncomfortable.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Actually the cinema thing leads me to the toilet thing. Where you have a whole lot of cubicles in the work toilets, but if you are the only one in there, certain people have to go into the cubicle right next to the one you are in when they have a whole lot of toilets to pick from.
    They get what they deserve then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    My biggest pet peeve right now since I'm noticing it more and more, like every blog I read, is when someone says "She should of done.." "I could of done", etc. It's getting to the point where I copy and respond and take them to task. I'm turning into my 100 y/o third grade teacher, a real b*tch. It's just driving me mad.
    "Of" is not a verb.

I once had this written on the whiteboard in my English classroom for an entire semester, right above the word "beginning" which 75% of my students consistently spelled as "begging".

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    "Of" is not a verb.

I once had this written on the whiteboard in my English classroom for an entire semester, right above the word "beginning" which 75% of my students consistently spelled as "begging".
    I realize that, but it seems most people do not anymore. I can understand typos, and sometimes I think 'they're' and write 'their', I know mistakes happen. (I just edited 'right' correctly to 'write' LOL). But it seems that people do not realize they are so wrong.

Another pet peeve. I went to Websters online to get the definition of incongruent, to see if it was the best word for what I was trying to convey. Definition "not congruent", that's it. Oh gee thanks. So I look up 'congruent' and the only definition it says is 'congruous'. Seriously. So I finally looked up congruous to get an acceptable definition, to which point I realized the word 'incongruent' was not necessarily the best word. So that's my gripe of the day. It reminded me of vocabulary back in middle school and believe me we'd get NO credit for defining incongruent as 'not congruent'. Why does Webster's think they should get any credit?

vCash
    I realize that, but it seems most people do not anymore. I can understand typos, and sometimes I think 'they're' and write 'their', I know mistakes happen. (I just edited 'right' correctly to 'write' LOL). But it seems that people do not realize they are so wrong.
    Uh....I believe the point of my post was not that you didn't know that, but that I spent a portion of my life trying to teach that fact to other people who did not.

vCash
    Actually the cinema thing leads me to the toilet thing. Where you have a whole lot of cubicles in the work toilets, but if you are the only one in there, certain people have to go into the cubicle right next to the one you are in when they have a whole lot of toilets to pick from. Myself and another woman chat about it quite often how much it bugs us and makes us feel uncomfortable.
    Uh, I don't get this one. Am I supposed to looked under the stall doors to see if someone is in them so I avoid using the one right next to you?

Whether or not we admit it, we may unconsciously choose the same number toilet each time. For example, you may always choose to use the Stall #3 from the door even if there is a stall empty in stall #1 or #2.

vCash
    It reminded me of vocabulary back in middle school and believe me we'd get NO credit for defining incongruent as 'not congruent'. Why does Webster's think they should get any credit?
    Because they tried really, really hard, and how are they going to get into college if they don't get credit?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Because they tried really, really hard, and how are they going to get into college if they don't get credit?
    Love it!!!
    Before I had kids, I always thought that as long as they tried I would accept the result. That was before I realized that kids can be very efficient with their energy. If they think just trying will work, that is all they will do. Now I hear myself saying, "I don't want you to try; I want you to do it!" "It" being cleaning their bedrooms, getting to bed on time, not leaving the bathroom in a complete mess, etc, etc. I do understand that sometimes all you can do is try your best, but really, for simple tasks, like Nike says, "Just do it!"
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    Uh, I don't get this one. Am I supposed to looked under the stall doors to see if someone is in them so I avoid using the one right next to you?
    At our work the doors stay open if there is no one in them so it is pretty easy to know if someone is in the toilet or not. So yes in this case people should know if someone is in there.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I guess I use the ladies room for one purpose and tend to go into an open stall, not count how many stalls I am away from anyone else. I am pretty sure no one is doing it to purposely tick you off.

And as I stated before: Whether or not we admit it, we may unconsciously choose the same number toilet each time. For example, you may always choose to use the Stall #3 from the door even if there is a stall empty in stall #1 or #2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovepaydays View Post
    How about this: I used to go to a church that had a service that started at 11:00 and would end around 12:45-1:00. This was a church that did A LOT of music before the sermon (which was getting longer as well - to the point where I would be STARVING was the service ended).

I sat in the balcony and there was a couple that every Sunday would come in sometime between Noon & 12:30 and wonder around the balcony and before finding a place to sit. They not only felt the need to come in that late but they needed to sit in their own row and on a far end so they could be completely by themselves away from everyone.

They would then get up after the service and just leave without talking to anyone. I found this to be really weird (and rude to the 1,000+ people who didn't see an issue with the first hour or so of the service).

I asked them why they came in late all the time and they said they only wanted to come in and listen to the sermon. They thought the worship music was too loud and repetitive. (Granted, at one time it was annoying, but it greatly improved.)

I did not ask about the "loner" stuff - Honestly, I got a weird vibe about the husband and wife's relationship.
    That doesn't sound so awful to me. I'd probably just want to hear the sermon too...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    I guess I use the ladies room for one purpose and tend to go into an open stall, not count how many stalls I am away from anyone else. I am pretty sure no one is doing it to purposely tick you off.

And as I stated before: Whether or not we admit it, we may unconsciously choose the same number toilet each time. For example, you may always choose to use the Stall #3 from the door even if there is a stall empty in stall #1 or #2
    Well most people here tend to go to the other end of the toilet away from others because they don't like it themselves. But some people are just oblivious about it. Can't do much about it, but I am allowed to be peeved about it. It makes me really uncomfortable and I also do it out of respect that it might make others uncomfortable too.

Just as some people have no clue about invading people's personal body space. A couple of weeks ago I was doing interviews for a position that I supervise here at work. One of them as she was leaving commented that I looked really tired and then patted me on the back in some sort of sympathy. Sorry but aside from being unprofessional made me extremely uncomfortable as I didn't know her and don't appreciate someone touching me like that.

vCash
    My current pet peeve is people who go to church, so I can't help you there. LOL (southern baptists...gotta love em.)

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    ...A couple of weeks ago I was doing interviews for a position that I supervise here at work. One of them as she was leaving commented that I looked really tired and then patted me on the back in some sort of sympathy. Sorry but aside from being unprofessional made me extremely uncomfortable as I didn't know her and don't appreciate someone touching me like that.
    Someone you were interviewing to give her a job said you looked tired and patted you on the back? Not really a recipe for employment...
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    I know all temples do it different, aty temple the memorial service is in between the afternoon service and the concluding service. Last night the Rabbi apologized for "begging" but said "I've been here 40 years, I know you all are going to leave after the memorial service is over, but can some of you please stay for the concluding service?"
    Sad, our shul is full to bursting with children with gloestivks gloeing,it is so i pirational
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    re toilets - my pet peeve is people who close the toilet lid in public bathrooms.
    Then I have to touch one thing more in a public bathroom (which is okay in most cases but not if the restroom is gross already). Maybe it is also a sort of trauma 'cause it happened to me several times that people didn't flush after doing a No.2 but just closed the lid and then I had not only to touch something extra in an already gross restroom but also was quite close to their excrements.
    Shudder.
    So, please don't close your toilet lid, people. For me. Pretty please.

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    I am so glad most men's restrooms have standing urinals with auto flushing now.

You'd think someone would have invented a standing urinal for women by now....with auto flushing of course.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast