Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 69 of 69
  1. #61
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    4,750
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I am expanding mine to include the automated sub finder system which placed me to sub today in Industrial Arts (woodworking and welding classes with juvenile delinquents) while there is a big burly dude subbing in the regular art room next door, and someone else subbing in social studies, which I used to teach.

    Only one hour to go, or I'd be asking if one of you could come and kill me.

    Oh...and another pet peeve: husbands who drink all the sparkling water and other beverages in individual containers so that the only choices I had to bring here for lunch were a soda or a beer. I never drink soda. But I'm drinking it right now. And given these classes, I should have just brought beer.

    (Seriously, I usually don't mind subbing but this is awful!)
    Last edited by PDilemma; 10-13-2011 at 06:57 PM.

  2. #62
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Age
    43
    Posts
    16,649
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    ((((((((((PDilemma)))))))))))))

  3. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    4,750
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    ((((((((((PDilemma)))))))))))))
    Thank you. I'm home now. Having a nice snack and some juice. Trying to decompress so I can do my own homework.

    The best part of it was that the teacher had a fourth block plan which meant I got to leave at 1:45. The secretary recognizes the problem with the sub finder system placing subs badly but the admins have told her to absolutely not switch subs around. I'm hoping at some point that the teachers will mutiny about it and she will get permission to make switches when there are multiple subs in the building and switches would make sense. I should have been in social studies today, the big guy should have been in industrial tech (seriously, he was at least 6'6"--he could have shut them down easier than me!), and whoever was in social studies could have taken art.

    I was in Spanish once (which I do not speak) while a Spanish speaking sub was in science and there was no sub in English (which I taught for 16 years). Moving the Spanish speaker to Spanish, me to English and letting staff cover science would have led to better instruction in 2 of 3 classrooms, but they wouldn't let her do it.

  4. #64
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phila., PA
    Posts
    3,711
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    My current pet peeve is teachers who do not leave enough work to keep students busy for the entire block when they are gone, leaving a sub to babysit juvenile delinquents in a wood shop with nothing for them to do.

    And they truly are delinquents. They were comparing probation officers and terms.
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Thank you. I'm home now. Having a nice snack and some juice. Trying to decompress so I can do my own homework.

    The best part of it was that the teacher had a fourth block plan which meant I got to leave at 1:45. The secretary recognizes the problem with the sub finder system placing subs badly but the admins have told her to absolutely not switch subs around. I'm hoping at some point that the teachers will mutiny about it and she will get permission to make switches when there are multiple subs in the building and switches would make sense. I should have been in social studies today, the big guy should have been in industrial tech (seriously, he was at least 6'6"--he could have shut them down easier than me!), and whoever was in social studies could have taken art.

    I was in Spanish once (which I do not speak) while a Spanish speaking sub was in science and there was no sub in English (which I taught for 16 years). Moving the Spanish speaker to Spanish, me to English and letting staff cover science would have led to better instruction in 2 of 3 classrooms, but they wouldn't let her do it.
    Definitely a problem in the schools. As a teacher, I have always tried to make plans as detailed as possible with extra work for the kids, just in case a sub manages to get to everything in the plan. There should be more common sense in assigning subs to subjects/grades in which they are certified/experienced.

    Another pet peeve - getting calls during dinnertime for donations (and we are on that National Do Not Call list).

  5. #65
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    practising choreo
    Posts
    928
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    From another message board I read, I've discovered a new pet peeve: people who refuse to use the multiquote function. So they will respond to other people's posts one at a time, in succession, in a thread. What could be done in one post, can take five.

  6. #66

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,718
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11163
    Quote Originally Posted by star_gazer11 View Post
    From another message board I read, I've discovered a new pet peeve: people who refuse to use the multiquote function. So they will respond to other people's posts one at a time, in succession, in a thread. What could be done in one post, can take five.


    I still don't know how to use the multiquote function. If I use multiple quotes in a post I cut and past them into one.

    Anyone care to enlighten me?

  7. #67
    engaged to dupa
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven for climate, Hell for company.
    Posts
    18,917
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1084
    To the right of the quote button is a button that has the symbol ". Click that for each post you want to quote. For the last one click the regular quote button. Voila!
    3539 and counting.

    Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

  8. #68

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    In Canuck Land, hey!
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,819
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2416
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    To the right of the quote button is a button that has the symbol ". Click that for each post you want to quote. For the last one click the regular quote button. Voila!
    I did not know that ... guess you CAN learn something new every day
    Crazy about sports!

  9. #69
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    practising choreo
    Posts
    928
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by star_gazer11 View Post
    From another message board I read, I've discovered a new pet peeve: people who refuse to use the multiquote function. So they will respond to other people's posts one at a time, in succession, in a thread. What could be done in one post, can take five.
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post


    I still don't know how to use the multiquote function. If I use multiple quotes in a post I cut and past them into one.
    But at least you put them all in ONE message. I've seen person A reply to person B in one post; person A reply to person C in another post; person A reply to person D in yet another post, person A reply to person E in another separate post, etc., in the same thread.

    Using the multiquote function is just faster; but you were already doing that with cut and paste anyway.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •