Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    That would be great.
    Le sigh.

I know people who clean public bathrooms. They said that the men's were never as disgusting as the women's could be. And that is in a discotheque with teenagers and all. I was surprised to hear that but after seeing some of the bathrooms I have been to...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    re toilets - my pet peeve is people who close the toilet lid in public bathrooms.
    Then I have to touch one thing more in a public bathroom (which is okay in most cases but not if the restroom is gross already). Maybe it is also a sort of trauma 'cause it happened to me several times that people didn't flush after doing a No.2 but just closed the lid and then I had not only to touch something extra in an already gross restroom but also was quite close to their excrements.
    Shudder.
    So, please don't close your toilet lid, people. For me. Pretty please.
    Almost as bad: people leaving the toilet seat up. Then you have to touch it to put it back down.

At home, I always close the lid because if I don't, the dog will drink from the toilet. That is not desirable at all because my dog is an enthusiastic kisser. Maybe some people unconsciously close the lid because they have a dog or a small child who likes to play in the toilet.

vCash
    I close the lid at home for the same reason (doggie deterrent). For the most part, I don't recall seeing public toilets with lids though. I guess I'm thinking of the multi-stalled restrooms. Perhaps the single room public toilets have the more conventional toilet with a lid.

vCash
    Okay, here's my latest pet peeve. I admit that this will make me sound like an old fogey to many of you. I wish that at concerts where the artist and most of the audience is of a certain age, that people would stay in their seats. I understand that they want to stand and show their enthusiasm, but to remain standing for song after song is very rude to those sitting in back of them who can no longer comfortably stand for such long periods of time. Recently DH and I went to a Roger Daltrey "Tommy" performance with a wonderful animation screen that was totally blocked from my view by people standing in front of me. The concert sounded great but was ruined for me. I will NEVER get floor seats again. Why do they even bother installing chairs if people aren't willing to sit in them?

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    ^^ Oh I hate that too! Yea I know people wanna get up and dance and stuff to fast songs (and why do the 6-foot tall people ALWAYS have to be in front of me!), but can we please at least sit thru the slow songs?

vCash
    There are seats in concerts like that?
    I mean, I guess I sort of knew that. I spoke to several musicians who said how much they liked to perform in Germany because there were never any seats for the audience and that therefore everyone is dancing.

But I can understand if you expect to sit and listen that it annoys you not to see anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopysnake View Post
    Okay, here's my latest pet peeve. I admit that this will make me sound like an old fogey to many of you. I wish that at concerts where the artist and most of the audience is of a certain age, that people would stay in their seats. I understand that they want to stand and show their enthusiasm, but to remain standing for song after song is very rude to those sitting in back of them who can no longer comfortably stand for such long periods of time. Recently DH and I went to a Roger Daltrey "Tommy" performance with a wonderful animation screen that was totally blocked from my view by people standing in front of me. The concert sounded great but was ruined for me. I will NEVER get floor seats again. Why do they even bother installing chairs if people aren't willing to sit in them?
    First of all, I don't consider you an "old fogey" at all! We wanted to attend that Roger Daltrey concert a few weeks ago, but couldn't due to a scheduling conflict. It is frustratiing to go to a concert, and have a hard time seeing what's meant to be seen, especially with those floor seats. That happened to us during the last Olympic gymnastics tour. Very hard to see things without standing up, but even worse at a concert.

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    ^^ Oh I hate that too! Yea I know people wanna get up and dance and stuff to fast songs (and why do the 6-foot tall people ALWAYS have to be in front of me!), but can we please at least sit thru the slow songs?

Amen!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post

I know people who clean public bathrooms. They said that the men's were never as disgusting as the women's could be. And that is in a discotheque with teenagers and all. I was surprised to hear that but after seeing some of the bathrooms I have been to...
    On a recent visit to the hospital, I went to the women's room, which consisted of a single toilet. Opened the door, took one look , went back out, used the men's room right next door. Much cleaner!

I closed the lid at home because I think it just looks better especially if you have company. I always thought it was the proper thing to do so your guests don't have to look inside a toilet bowl. Never thought about them having to touch the lid to open it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post

What about those who insist on singing along off key or talk during the songs they don't like?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    On a recent visit to the hospital, I went to the women's room, which consisted of a single toilet. Opened the door, took one look , went back out, used the men's room right next door. Much cleaner!

I closed the lid at home because I think it just looks better especially if you have company. I always thought it was the proper thing to do so your guests don't have to look inside a toilet bowl. Never thought about them having to touch the lid to open it.
    I never mind in people's homes or even if the restroom all in all is clean but on autobahn restrooms for instance I am always at people for closing the lid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    I never though the lid down or up was 'proper'. All I care about is that bathroom is clean and the towels are folded. Really, why would anyone look inside a toilet bowl? And so what if they do - it's only water.

The seat is down in my house and what bugs me is men who put the seat up and don't bother to put it down again. That I do find rude.

vCash
    Well here is one that is top of my list:

At a certain mall I have been frequently for years, kids from the nearby HS come for lunch. They bring their own and/or buy lunch, but when they are finished they leave their garbage on the tables. The next person who wishes to use the table, and it is lunch time when the foodcourt is most busy, have to clear the table themself in order to use it. I have had to do that myself a few times. LOL Patrons both younger and old never do this, just the teens from the HS nearby. Quite annoying.

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    I never though the lid down or up was 'proper'. All I care about is that bathroom is clean and the towels are folded. Really, why would anyone look inside a toilet bowl? And so what if they do - it's only water.
    I thought that down was proper before flushing. It supposedly lessens the nasty germs being spread around the bathroom. The flushing does something to spread the germs around. The seat being down helps this somewhat.

vCash
    According to this, putting the toilet lid down is the proper thing to do. however with the exception of some porta pottys, I haven't seen a lid to a public toilet in ages.
    I would not touch the lid on a porta potty and try to use those in case of an urgent need

garden freak
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopysnake View Post
    totally annoying! Went to James taylor/Carole King concert last year and dumb woman behind us sang along the whole time and drove me nuts. I'm sure impressed that she knew all the words to all the songs

Looking back, I wished I had enough guts to tell her (nicely) to knock it off.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    When the cable guy comes to your house because of a cable problem .... and I know more than the cable guy does!

Actually, you can apply that to ANY occupation, but that just happened tonight.

vCash
    Real estate agents that knock on the door at dinner time and then tell you they aren't looking for listings, they just want to "build relationships in the neighbourhood." Really? You don't want to list my house you just want a relationship with a total stranger? How's that working for you?

This has happened twice in the last week ...
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    What about those who insist on singing along off key or talk during the songs they don't like?

Quote Originally Posted by Lizziebeth View Post
    totally annoying! Went to James Taylor/Carole King concert last year and dumb woman behind us sang along the whole time and drove me nuts. I'm sure impressed that she knew all the words to all the songs

Looking back, I wished I had enough guts to tell her (nicely) to knock it off.

That was a fabulous concert. Too bad she partly ruined the experience for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Well here is one that is top of my list:

At a certain mall I have been frequently for years, kids from the nearby HS come for lunch. They bring their own and/or buy lunch, but when they are finished they leave their garbage on the tables. The next person who wishes to use the table, and it is lunch time when the food court is most busy, have to clear the table themself in order to use it. I have had to do that myself a few times. LOL Patrons both younger and old never do this, just the teens from the HS nearby. Quite annoying.
    That is very disheartening and inconsiderate on their part. They should know better.

vCash
    My current pet peeve is teachers who do not leave enough work to keep students busy for the entire block when they are gone, leaving a sub to babysit juvenile delinquents in a wood shop with nothing for them to do.

And they truly are delinquents. They were comparing probation officers and terms.

vCash
    Eeek.

Going back to the Church peeves, the music has really turned me off at all the Catholic churches I've attended in the past ten years. It's like they're a union that's taken over all celebrations. Music has changed from being part of the Mass to giving a concert with liturgy rationed between sets. One church has a five-piece band with dueling cantors, one of whom doesn't need a microphone, but uses it for the "full effect." Another church has a devout husband-and-wife team who had an infant. The father, who was the Cantor at this particular Mass, took the sleeping baby from the wife so he could go to the Ambo for the Responsorial Psalm. This, of course, woke the poor baby up, so he squirmed and mewed through the entire "set." You have to wonder what these people are thinking - it's not a show!

I feel better now, thanks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast