Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    We just need a Russian Daisuke (And no, alena does not qualify) and the set is complete.

vCash
    Ovcharova?

Banned Member
    vCash
    Huge fan of Lipnitskaya here. She has amazing flexibility, does all the jumps, and last year I was blown away by her. It has been such a nice development to see that she is even better this year in terms of SS and presentation. I wish she'd stop lifting her leg up to the sky every chance she can, since choreographically it does get monotonous. But that's just a nitpick. I have a feeling she is inspired by Sasha Cohen, hence her music choices. But I also noticed a change in her posture, her commitment to her program, etc. I bet she will turn into Sasha Cohen with consistent jumps. I'm calling it right now, she is the next Olympic gold medalist. I also wouldn't rule out a sweep of the Oly medals by the Russians. Mao cannot seem to skate cleanly on any predictable basis, and other faves like Nagasu just can't seem to put it out there under any sort of pressure.

I hope Julia develops into the best skater she is capable of becoming. She really is a gem. I'd hold those flexy moves for more than a second and make them less frequent so that they actually mean something. But really, I could not have wanted more from her this season after following her the last two years. She's paying attention to the music and how she presents herself, and her jumps have only gotten bigger. I don't like her 2axel technique, it's basically a Lipinski whip, but if she can keep that consistent then good for her.

vCash
    She is uber flexible and probably I shouldnt be impressed only by that since it is not a skating thing, cause so are the rhythmic gymnastics girls and even more, but I am, mostly because apart from flexibility her spins are ultra fast, I think that is the most impressive.
    And I m waiting for Radionova to go to juniors next season!

vCash
    So what are they doing in Russia at the moment to be suddenly producing such amazing young skaters? Are they investing money into the sport? Are they doing talent identification? Or is it just a coincidence that the right skaters have come along at the right time?
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    She is uber flexible and probably I shouldnt be impressed only by that since it is not a skating thing, cause so are the rhythmic gymnastics girls and even more, but I am, mostly because apart from flexibility her spins are ultra fast, I think that is the most impressive.
    And I m waiting for Radionova to go to juniors next season!
    So am I. Elena Radionova is the next off the production line!:

Elena Radionova - Russian Junior Nationals 2010 - FS

Elena Radionova - Russian Junior Nationals 2011 - FS

Elena Radionova - 2011/12 SP

Elena Radionova - 2011/12 FS

Moreover, the production line just seems never ending. Here are few more that will be coming off the system later on:-

Aleksandra Proklova - 2011/12 FS

Maria Sotskova - 2011/12 SP

Daniella ASANOVA - 2011/12 SP (one of Julia Soldatova students)

Anna SHERSHAK - 2011/12 SP

Anna Shershak is currently 3rd behind Lipnikskaya in the JGP Trofeo 2011 after her following SP

JGP Trofeo 2011 SP

And they have also got Anna Ovcharova returning from injury
    Last edited by Maofan7; 10-08-2011 at 03:06 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    So what are they doing in Russia at the moment to be suddenly producing such amazing young skaters? Are they investing money into the sport? Are they doing talent identification? Or is it just a coincidence that the right skaters have come along at the right time?
    I'm not Russian, but isn't figure skating now hugely popular in Russia? I remember reading that Ice Age stars are like first class celebrities. They sold out worlds pretty quickly. I'd think that alone would make people want to try out the sport. The more kids who are trying out the sport, the more likely it is to find talent.

I know in gymnastics the government is starting to fund again, it may be the same for figure skating too. The two things if combined is a match made in heaven.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maofan7 View Post
    How old is this munchkin? That was frickin amazing. The ability of her musical interpretation and expression was seriously senior level.

And how old is Asanova? The expression is just incredible for one so young. Particularly with such a lovely piece of music like that.

The thing about all these skaters is they have grown up knowing nothing other than IJS as the judging system and it shows. They know how to work the system but at the same time they are creating beautiful programs that are quite breathtaking, regardless of their age.
    Last edited by Aussie Willy; 10-08-2011 at 06:49 AM.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    How old is this munchkin? That was frickin amazing. The ability of her musical interpretation and expression was seriously senior level.
    She was born in the first half of 1999 and will be eligible for JGP next season.

And I also like this girl
    Natalia Ogoreltseva (b. in 2000, will be eligible for JGP in 2013-2014 season)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcRi41yPDSc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpP5fTlkN-c
    She is from Mishin's group, has all triples and amazing spins.

So far it looks like the next few years it's gonna be at least one Russian little star at the JGP every year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    That is some funny comparison. I wouldn't say that! Lol... Kim and Asada are at least the same age and only few months apart. Had Mao been able to competed at the Olympics, Yuna would be there too! Actually given Yuna beat Mao by a massive 24.19 points at the world juniors championship 2006 happend around the same times as the Olympics, it would certainly makes her a far better contender for the hypothetical Gold people seems to have bestowed on Maos had they been both age eligible.
    I am glad Yuna and Mao was ineligible for 2006 Olympics. LOL.
    I don't want (a little) unpolished OGM[Yuna] and a little juniorish OGM[Mao].
    Last edited by t.mann; 10-08-2011 at 08:49 AM.

vCash

And how old is Asanova? The expression is just incredible for one so young. Particularly with such a lovely piece of music like that.

The thing about all these skaters is they have grown up knowing nothing other than IJS as the judging system and it shows. They know how to work the system but at the same time they are creating beautiful programs that are quite breathtaking, regardless of their age.
    Radionova is 12. She will be age eligible for the JGP next season. I agree, she's amazing. Tangoes are normally not done well by juniors, but, she's got just amazing expression. Her jump technique is good also. SHe's been trying the 3Lz+3T (mostly <). Her LP at the Moscow Open Championships had 7 clean triples!!!

Asanova will be 11 in December. Of the very young set, I like Proklova's interpretation and Sotskova's jump technique
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Hopefully some former Republics will be getting to pick some up. Surely the Ukraine should win a Russian baby, (if the Russian baby/family agree) for giving up Tatiana so easily.

vCash
    Wow, I really enjoyed Radionova, Asanova and Ogoreltseva. Especially Radionova's SP - thought her presentation was incredible and also had interesting choreography!

Looking forward to seeing these girls develop!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Asanova will be 11 in December. Of the very young set, I like Proklova's interpretation and Sotskova's jump technique
    I know how Asada's skating career has been going no where recently, but does it make sense to change her name and defect to Russia?

Then again, I guess it would increase her chances of OGM at Sochi, but I don't think fabricating her age and starting again from JGP would do her much favor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    I know how Asada's skating career has been going no where recently, but does it make sense to change her name and defect to Russia?

Then again, I guess it would increase her chances of OGM at Sochi, but I don't think fabricating her age and starting again from JGP would do her much favor.

too funny...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    I think Adelina is better than Julia. Adelina has bigger jumps, and I actually think her presentation is nicer than Julia's. Julias arm movements are jerky. The only thing Julia has over Adelina IMO is better spins and more uber flexibility.
    I agree - Team ADELINA!!!!! 4EVAH

It's good to feel like an uber again, but they're all good. I see happy times in the future of ladies skating.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Julia:
    LP 119.34
    Total 183.05

wow! now, I'm waiting for youtube!

vCash
    I like all three girls. They are all amazing
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I like all three girls. They are all amazing
    Agreed. I don't want to pick a favorite out of those 3. I like them all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    too funny...
    Lol. I wonder if he's seriously doesn't know that it's a different person.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast