Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Julia Lipnitskaya beats Adelina's result in a short program

It's just... Oh my)) her score is HUGE - 63.71

vCash
    YESSS! I knew it!! Julia is a special one.

I prefer her to both Adelina and Liza actually. Julia is the more complete skater with an ease and maturity around the ice that I can describe as 'a natural' at only age 13. Her potential is huge!!

They are all very different skaters too. Russia are a little spoilt for choice right now, the field is incredibly deep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5RqMCinj88 (Round 1 JGP Baltic Cup 2011)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTkj4bY1ix4 (Round 2 JGP Trofeo W.Lombardi 2011)

vCash
    Only thing is she's 13 and a lot can happen between now and Sochi. Like a 5 inch growth spurt and other things. I've seen too many dynamite 13 year old's who fizzled out by they time they were 15.

vCash
    Wow, just wow, reminds me of Sasha Cohen, with all the jumps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Only thing is she's 13 and a lot can happen between now and Sochi. Like a 5 inch growth spurt and other things. I've seen too many dynamite 13 year old's who fizzled out by they time they were 15.

But I think there are other qualities beside her technical skills are superb and extremely rare at her age.

The expressions, the presentations, the interpretations, the use of the arms up to her fingertips, the smooth natural ease she made transitions between each elements along with the music notes, relentlessly and seamlessly are things you just can't teach. She got it all and at only age 13.

Even if if her flexibility and jumps were to suffer during the growth spurt, I think she got enough rare qualities to remain competitive. Her PCS is going to be incredible that one.

Seeing somehow Mirai were able to keep her crazy flexibility, I am hopeful for this one.

vCash
    That cannot be stressed enough.

vCash
    It's going to be insane competition at Russian Nationals in the coming years with Lipnitskaya, Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva all going head to head. Leonova and Makarova are going to be all but forgotten.

vCash
    Last season Leonova showed the ability to really fight for her spot and was able to get second place in the free skate over good skates by Tuktamysheva and Lipnitskaya at Russian nationals. This season it may be harder but I would not count her out. Though I am just waiting for her to be Euros and worlds as the 4th place finisher at Russian nationals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Last season Leonova showed the ability to really fight for her spot and was able to get second place in the free skate over good skates by Tuktamysheva and Lipnitskaya at Russian nationals. This season it may be harder but I would not count her out. Though I am just waiting for her to be Euros and worlds as the 4th place finisher at Russian nationals.
    But all of these girls were younger. As I can see, they are getting better and better every year
    I wish I could see Sotnikova's test skate. They say she has 3z/3l + 3s/3l..It seems she upped her jumps' difficulty a lot

vCash
    The only thing that worries me about Lipnitskaya is her name. So far no Julia has been truly successful (champion in the seniors) on the ice. Call me crazy for posting this.

vCash
    On the other hand her name sounds like the Russian variation of Lipinski which can't be all bad. Just ask Tara

vCash
    and don't forget that as a Julia (Sebestyen) she could stay around for years!

remembering the other thread..how realistic are young skaters, what about us?

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    But all of these girls were younger. As I can see, they are getting better and better every year
    Past is not necessarily the best prediction for the future. Puberty Monster is around the corner.

vCash
    Not sure if you can really compare two scores, from two different seasons....I like both girls a lot, but we will see what happens.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    That cannot be stressed enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
    Past is not necessarily the best prediction for the future. Puberty Monster is around the corner.
    Well.... neither are predictions based solely on past experiences

vCash
    She has wonderful skills but her program is so generic. I-spin, bad layback, Biellmann. Ho-hum. It's not her fault. It's the fault of the system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    The only thing that worries me about Lipnitskaya is her name. So far no Julia has been truly successful (champion in the seniors) on the ice. Call me crazy for posting this.

Don't worry, Julia seems to have all the great qualities to beat the curse, if there is any.

os168, I agree with what you said earlier, I too think Julia has a special feel for skating.

vCash
    As a lot of people have been saying for a couple of years now, Lipnikskaya is exceptional and I think she is just as good as Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva. I think all 3 of them are going to dominate Ladies figure skating for the next 3-7 years. I really cannot see Leonova and Makarova making the Russian team for the 2014 Olympics with Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, and Lipnitskaya around, unless one of latter 3 undergoes a disastrous growth spurt or suffers an injury.

In last years junior grand prix, Sotnikova's best short program score was 61.32 at the Cup of Austria. The following day, she scored 117.65 in the free skate to give her a total score of 178.97. Despite the fact that juniors skate for a shorter period and have 1 less element compared to seniors (i.e. in the free program, there is 1 less element - junior girls do not have to do a spiral sequence. Furthermore, a junior free program only last 3 minutes 30 seconds, whereas a senior ladies free program last 4 minutes), this score was the leading score for either a junior or senior for practically half the season. If Lipnitskaya performs as well as she did in the short program in her free skate tomorrow, she could very well score in excess of 180.00. For a junior, that would be absolutely incredible! She scored 112.14 in her free skate at the Baltic Cup and she needs 116.29 to get to 180.00. Hence, just needs an improvement of just 4.15. She gained 3.34 today on her Baltic Cup short program. Hence, I think a 4.15 improvement in the free skate could well be in range.
    Last edited by Maofan7; 10-07-2011 at 01:05 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giselle23 View Post
    She has wonderful skills but her program is so generic. I-spin, bad layback, Biellmann. Ho-hum. It's not her fault. It's the fault of the system.
    Oher skating skills not withstanding, IMO I find her numerous side and back lift momentary spiral positions gratuitous, and self-indulgent. Holding one spiral for more than a second would be far more appreciated

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    Oher skating skills not withstanding, IMO I find her numerous side and back lift momentary spiral positions gratuitous, and self-indulgent. Holding one spiral for more than a second would be far more appreciated
    ITA

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast