Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsskate View Post
    So we'll see Han Yan at Nice worlds next year? or he'll just wait one more year?
    I think they will send Nan Song to Worlds instead and try to fight for a 2nd spot. Han Yan wil likely return to Jr Worlds.

vCash
    Sorry, I don't believe this story of punishing Wenjing Sui by not letting her on the ice for two months during the summer. No coach would be so unprofessional and Federation officials wouldn't allow this to happen either. Maybe Wenjing Sui was not allowed on the ice for two days if there is something to this story.
    They started doing the quad twist again and this time it was working for them, they must have trained it over the summer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Sorry, I don't believe this story of punishing Wenjing Sui by not letting her on the ice for two months during the summer. No coach would be so unprofessional and Federation officials wouldn't allow this to happen either. Maybe Wenjing Sui was not allowed on the ice for two days if there is something to this story.
    They started doing the quad twist again and this time it was working for them, they must have trained it over the summer.
    This is true,some Chinese ice fan said LuanBo in order to punish Sui so she didn't let her on the ice ,go home and write checks add up for 5 months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xy3026rosa View Post
    This is true,some Chinese ice fan said LuanBo in order to punish Sui so she didn't let her on the ice ,go home and write checks add up for 5 months.
    You report what "some Chinese fan" said, but this is not a reliable source to me. Is there any proof for these claims other than hearsay?

vCash
    You report what "some Chinese fan" said, but this is not a reliable source to me. Is there any proof for these claims other than hearsay?
    It would be really interesting to get reliable information about this.
    Now that China is so much on the rise, do you think that there will be any travel journeys done across the trainings centers like you do for the US and Russia?

vCash
    Twist is one of the easiest elements to train off the ice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rouge View Post
    And among chinese choreographers, Zhang Wei is really outstanding, but others seem not wiser than their predecessors.
    Elvin Wong's work for He Zhang is very good. Hopefully he'll get more work now.

Quote Originally Posted by letsskate View Post
    So we'll see Han Yan at Nice worlds next year? or he'll just wait one more year?
    He can compete at 2012 Worlds. But there is only one spot and I am pretty sure that Nan Song will get it, while Han Yan gets one of the Junior Worlds spots, as Marco said.

I know of a Polish coach that often punishes their skaters by keeping them off the ice but even they wouldn't be that stupid to keep their best skaters off ice for two months. It does sound rather unbelievable.

vCash
    It is interesting 30 years later having Bin Yao and Luan Bo having "rival" training centres.

vCash
    It's really nice to see someone bring this topic up again Thanks to Song's brilliant performance.

However, I'm still more impressive with the juniors. Most excited news to me is that Jin Boyang attemped 4T at gala. Even he failed, it is still unbelievable for a young boy at his age to give a try. He actually landed one at the practice. It's a pity that he was not sent to JGP this season, but I kind of understand it. China have 1 spot per competation, totally 7 spots. And they skip 3 competations due to NC. They also failed to get the visa for Estonia. That left no spot for Jin, since Yan and Zhang get 2 spots and Liu for 1. Jin is unbelievably talented for jumps but still a lot to work on SS. Next season's JGP will be very exciting

As for Sui's punishment, it was posted by a fan who knows them in person. She also posted some inside information before. Whatever the cause, Sui has been off-ice for about 2 months. SH re-started the training right before ArOI this summer.

There are always some interesting news/information of skaters on Chinese board. Yan seems to be quite different off-ice, having a strong personality. There is no athletes in his family. His parents didn't want to him do FS, the only supported member was his grandfather. Zijun is coming from a comparatively wealthy family, and her parents have spent a great number on her skating before she entered the national team. Her mother also quit job and move to Beijing to take care of her.

some interesting pics from weibo.
    Yan and Yuzuru
    Yan and Zhang
    quite cool pic of Yan at COC gala
    Jin Boyang surrongded by Russian ladies
    Zijun's dog Is this the same kinds as mao's?
    Zijun in Canada
    Last edited by sharonz; 11-09-2011 at 05:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sharonz View Post
    And they skip 3 competations due to NC.
    NC?

They also failed to get the visa for Estonia.
    How could that happen? Sounds like a big mess up on the Chinese federation's part.

As for Sui's punishment, it was posted by a fan who knows them in person. She also posted some inside information before. Whatever the cause, Sui has been off-ice for about 2 months. SH re-started the training right before ArOI this summer.
    If true, that's absolutely shocking.

There are always some interesting news/information of skaters on Chinese board.
    Thank you very much for the information you've shared so far. We'd really appreciate more inside info in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I think they will send Nan Song to Worlds instead and try to fight for a 2nd spot. Han Yan wil likely return to Jr Worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    He can compete at 2012 Worlds. But there is only one spot and I am pretty sure that Nan Song will get it, while Han Yan gets one of the Junior Worlds spots, as Marco said.
    This is most likely what they're going to do. But if they want to fight for a 2nd spot for 2013 worlds, it'd make more sense for them to send Han Yan though. While Nan Song did awesome at cup of china, but i just think that's just one perfect skate for him, not something he can do consistently. And the chance for him to get to top 10 at worlds is very slim.

vCash
    Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying here. Who went home and wrote checks? and what you mean by writing checks? as in money checks? and is it two months or five months?

vCash
    Yukari - Let's see how Nan Song can do at his second GP event.

His last season was very dissapointing but the season before that he managed 2nd at JGPF and Junior Worlds.

If he remains consistent, top 10 at Worlds definitely is possible.

And yes, I also didn't get the checks part. What did you mean xy3026rosa?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukari Lepisto View Post
    Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying here. Who went home and wrote checks? and what you mean by writing checks? as in money checks? and is it two months or five months?
    I mean Sui wrote autocriticism at home.But this is true...A close ice fan to SH said...

vCash
    I mean Sui wrote autocriticism at home.But this is true...A close ice fan to SH said...
    ohh, you meant.. self-criticism letter kinda stuff? ok, i know that's very common in China.

vCash
    Well, what I read was two months this year, but altogether five months over the last two years. And yes, supposedly she was sent home to write self-criticism letters.

I also read that where Luan Bo is, there aren't other pairs coaches, so anyone with an interest in pairs skating gets sent to her, hence she has so many couples (11.5). And also that because pairs skating is the most popular discipline in China, kids start with pairs instead of switching from singles, so her kids tend to not have good singles skating skills when they join her group -- unlike, say, the pairs that go to Bin Yao. Among S/Z, P/T, Z/Z, all of them switched from singles, except T, who switched from ice dancing. This might possibly, partly explain the poor skating skills and solo jumps among Luan Bo's students.

But even if there aren't good singles coaches around, why can't her students at least get some help with skating skills from the local ice dance coaches? They might not be top ice dance coaches but at least they should know a little more about edge work and technique.

vCash
    This is most likely what they're going to do. But if they want to fight for a 2nd spot for 2013 worlds, it'd make more sense for them to send Han Yan though. While Nan Song did awesome at cup of china, but i just think that's just one perfect skate for him, not something he can do consistently. And the chance for him to get to top 10 at worlds is very slim.
    In the CoC Exhibition, Nan Song landed a 4T and 3A (falling on a second 3A); and afterwards he did another 4T. His jumps are obviously very consistent right now. Han Yan (also performing in the EX), in contrast, had a lot of trouble with his (simpler) jumps in his program. I think right now maybe Nan Song is a little more consistent than Han Yan. Han Yan always makes me nervous in his competitive programs. I feel like he's always on the edge of making errors, and if he does clean program than it's a huge relief.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    NC?
    National Championship

How could that happen? Sounds like a big mess up on the Chinese federation's part.
    I don't know how much diplomatic power the skating federation has. Usually visa problems are due to delays at the foreign country's embassy/consulate. I mean, Chinese skaters have always had to deal with visa issues since the beginning. I imagine that by now the federation must have well-used procedures in place to deal with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    It would be really interesting to get reliable information about this.
    Now that China is so much on the rise, do you think that there will be any travel journeys done across the trainings centers like you do for the US and Russia?
    There is very little money in Chinese skating, and the skaters' families cannot afford to send their kids abroad. I read that Nobuo Sato gave some seminars in China last summer (sounded like just a few days, if that many). Maybe sending Chinese skaters to Sato for a month in the off season is more realistic than sending them to Europe/NA.

Although surprisingly, the Chinese federation sent Zijun Li, Bingwa Geng, and Kexin Zhang to LA to train with Mingzhu Li a few years ago before any of these girls had any competitive success. Maybe Mingzhu Li did it for a discount. Maybe it's also a language/culture thing. If there were good Chinese coaches working abroad in other disciplines, maybe the federation would also be willing to invest in sending young skaters abroad in those disciplines too. Lu Chen and Denis Petrov have a rink in the south of China and do coaching there. I'm a little surprised that none of the top Chinese skaters ever go to them to help. That seems like such an obvious resource. Maybe Lu Chen and the Chinese federation never got over their bitter spat.

vCash
    feraina, many thanks for answering the questions about NC for me.

Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    In the CoC Exhibition, Nan Song landed a 4T and 3A (falling on a second 3A); and afterwards he did another 4T. His jumps are obviously very consistent right now. Han Yan (also performing in the EX), in contrast, had a lot of trouble with his (simpler) jumps in his program. I think right now maybe Nan Song is a little more consistent than Han Yan. Han Yan always makes me nervous in his competitive programs. I feel like he's always on the edge of making errors, and if he does clean program than it's a huge relief.
    I have to clear one thing. Yan's skate boot had a big cut just before the gala, that he had no time to fix it. He even said that he might only attemp single jumps in the show. So, I'm not surprised at the jump problems there. He just began to include 4T and 3A in his program from this season. The inconsistent issue is expected. Skaters like him, who have great SS and spead, seem to always have landing issues, ex. Patrick C.. Maybe it is harder to control the landing with more speed? And Yes, at this moment, Song looks more consistent with his jumps, but his SS is much worse than Yan's. I still wanna wait to see his second GP and Yan's performance at JGPF to determine who is a more reasonable choice. But I think whatever the result is, Chinese federation has already decided to send Song to WC, and Yan to JW.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast