Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Elvin Wong's work for He Zhang is very good.
    I didn't count him in for he's very unlikely from mainland China judging from his name. If anyone knows more details please correct me
    Also I don't like He Zhang's FS this season quite much. It doesn't suit him as well as the short IMHO and arguably ripped off Han Yan's Rhapsody in Blue FS two seasons ago (a bit different music cut, some elements at different places, opening and ending are quite the same, can't remember the details of the step sequences though). I guess it's Elvin Wong who choreographed his SP, and someone else did the FS, basing on Han Yan's program. If it was true, it's frustrating because a very promising and expressive young skater like He Zhang deserves his "own" program.

Jiaxing Liu said a couple of days ago that he has started skating a new free program. I wonder why he didn't change FS before his JGP competition, but better late than never.

Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    Maybe Lu Chen and the Chinese federation never got over their bitter spat.
    Maybe also she and Mingzhu Li.
    Last edited by rouge; 11-10-2011 at 12:39 PM.

vCash
    There is very little money in Chinese skating, and the skaters' families cannot afford to send their kids abroad. [...]
    sorry, I wasn't clear in my post. I was wondering if Eislauffan would do a tour through China through the different training centers in the off season and get some reports for us.

vCash
    Thanks to all the Chinese posters for the inside info.

We don't usually get much information about Chinese skating and it's great to be able to find out more.

But even if there aren't good singles coaches around, why can't her students at least get some help with skating skills from the local ice dance coaches? They might not be top ice dance coaches but at least they should know a little more about edge work and technique.
    Exactly. Chinese federation really should intervene here.

What do you mean when saying Bo Luan has 11.5 pairs? She has 11 pairs and one skater looking for a partner?

vCash
    What do you mean when saying Bo Luan has 11.5 pairs? She has 11 pairs and one skater looking for a partner?
    Correct. She teaches 11 pairs, and also 1 boy who still has not found a partner. So, totally 11.5 pairs

vCash
    lol, one person 11.5 pairs... that's way crazier than marina/igor! haha

vCash
    I really wish they could get Sui some basics training because it's obvious the girl is a very talented and charismatic performer. But poor basics will hold them back eventually.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    I also hope that someone can tell Sui that moving her head this much is very very distracting. It might look cute now cause she's very young, people might think that's adorable, but that's something that needs to be changed. Every single program they skate to, doesn't matter the content or the kind of music, she's always moving/shaking/whatever her head wayyyyy to much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukari Lepisto View Post
    lol, one person 11.5 pairs... that's way crazier than marina/igor! haha
    She has an assistant coach now.

I take it you've never seen one coach training 40-60 skaters on one session then?

Pretty stantard in Poland and I am sure that also in many other places, where ice time is limited and there's a lack of funding.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukari Lepisto View Post
    I also hope that someone can tell Sui that moving her head this much is very very distracting. It might look cute now cause she's very young, people might think that's adorable, but that's something that needs to be changed. Every single program they skate to, doesn't matter the content or the kind of music, she's always moving/shaking/whatever her head wayyyyy to much.
    No, it doesn't need to be changed. You're talking about a personal preference.

As long as it suits the music (and it does because they always skate upbeat programs), it's actually a good thing that ticks the PCS boxes.

And please, I'd much rather see skaters move any part of their body, to intepret the music and make the program more complex, than just skate through their music.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sharonz View Post
    It's really nice to see someone bring this topic up again Thanks to Song's brilliant performance.

However, I'm still more impressive with the juniors. Most excited news to me is that Jin Boyang attemped 4T at gala. Even he failed, it is still unbelievable for a young boy at his age to give a try. He actually landed one at the practice. It's a pity that he was not sent to JGP this season, but I kind of understand it. China have 1 spot per competation, totally 7 spots. And they skip 3 competations due to NC. They also failed to get the visa for Estonia. That left no spot for Jin, since Yan and Zhang get 2 spots and Liu for 1. Jin is unbelievably talented for jumps but still a lot to work on SS. Next season's JGP will be very exciting

As for Sui's punishment, it was posted by a fan who knows them in person. She also posted some inside information before. Whatever the cause, Sui has been off-ice for about 2 months. SH re-started the training right before ArOI this summer.

There are always some interesting news/information of skaters on Chinese board. Yan seems to be quite different off-ice, having a strong personality. There is no athletes in his family. His parents didn't want to him do FS, the only supported member was his grandfather. Zijun is coming from a comparatively wealthy family, and her parents have spent a great number on her skating before she entered the national team. Her mother also quit job and move to Beijing to take care of her.

some interesting pics from weibo.
    Yan and Yuzuru
    Yan and Zhang
    quite cool pic of Yan at COC gala
    Jin Boyang surrongded by Russian ladies
    Zijun's dog Is this the same kinds as mao's?
    Zijun in Canada
    thanks for this post!

vCash
    Article on Nan SONG after his silver medal at the Trophée Eric Bompard (he's 1st alternate to the Grand Prix Final): http://www.goldenskate.com/2011/12/b...-for-nan-song/

vCash
    Hopefully this breakdown in Component Scores from Han Yan's LP at the Junior Grand Prix Final is a good wake up call for the Chinese Federation to get him good packaging starting next season..

SS TR PE CH IN
    7.21 5.68 6.46 6.25 6.32

vCash
    He and He Chong are by far my favorite Chinese male skaters at the moment. Professional choreographers for the whole Chinese team will go a looong way. If things go the way they are supposed to, 3 Chinese men at Sochi is not impossible.

vCash
    I still feel the PCS for Yan's LP is strangely low, compared to what he got at JGPs. I can accept lower TR score than Jason or Joshua's, but no way it is below 6s. The damage is done. I am fine with the result that he missed the top of the podium, but really worried about his scoring at Junior World Championship. He is the talent should be treasured by the country. If there is any Chinese single skater who will stand on the podium of world class competition, that will be Yan. Hope the Chinese federation won't ruin him.

vCash
    I thought his PCS were quite inflated during the JGP to be honest. The set that he received at JGPF is more reflective of what's being done on the ice. Fantastic skating skills, but pretty meh programs.

vCash

vCash
    Gosh, I often wondered WHY there seemed to be little to no follow through from the brilliant career that Chen Lu had over a decade ago. Much in the vein of how a generation of young athletes can emerge in the wake of a break through champion (Bjorn Borg in tennis, followed by a wave of next generations champions such as Edberg, Wilander, etc) I was definitely surprised that there was never an "echo" generation so to speak.

Will be interesting to see if the combination of YuNa's commanding presence and achievements, coupled with the 2018 Olympics being in South Korea, what the current crop of 11 and 12 year old girls is dreaming about for 2018 and when/whether we will see evidence of this ... 2014? 2015?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luenatic View Post
    I have never seen any of them before this thread. After watching the Youtube clips from the original thread, I have high hope for Han Yan. He is the one to watch. His edge control is probably better than most of the senior men. If he keeps working on his edges, he'll give Jeremy and Patrick a run for the money.

I'm worried about He Zhang's landing technique. Jiaxing Liu needs to work on basic skills and edges.
    Now the Junior season is over, I'm glad Han Yan finished on top.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luenatic View Post
    Now the Junior season is over, I'm glad Han Yan finished on top.
    And now the question is:

Will he compete in Senior events next season or will the Chinese federation pick the "Sui/Han" route?

vCash
    And now the question is:

Will he compete in Senior events next season or will the Chinese federation pick the "Sui/Han" route?
    Only pairs are allowed to compete on both JGP's and senior GP's at the same time. But he could return to Junior Worlds, as China has three spots in mens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    Only pairs are allowed to compete on both JGP's and senior GP's at the same time. But he could return to Junior Worlds, as China has three spots in mens.
    Yeah, I know. So the question is: Will he be doing SGP next season or will the federation return him to JGP, hoping he could win two events and then the final?

As for Junior Worlds, they'll most likely send him again (and again).

What I think is really holding Chinese skating back is the "YOU ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH" mentality. Chinese skaters have to prove themselves many times over before they get sent anywhere and then it's Hotel California.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast