Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

vCash
    I love Nicky and Chris commentating together - mistakes and all they are my favourites, I enjoy the banter and input from them both, the fact they rarely talk over programmes and that they do seem to get along well. I didn't enjoy listening to the new guy, I thought he was really bland and that he talked too much during the performances. Sorry, Ant (If it's his first time broadcasting, hopefully he will improve)
    Last edited by skatefan; 11-17-2011 at 03:06 PM.

vCash
    I used to love Simon and Chris commentating together but lately Simon is just not the same
    Nicky I like more now especially for the dance but once he get's his teeth into a team he likes for eg C/L he does go on and on about them .
    Especially their Love Story FD .Yes we know you liked that Nicky He really made me laugh when a few years back he called B/A Tanith and Belbin
    His early years in the ES studio with his long locks and with Joanne Conway were good
    I think that we all just get used to a certain commentator and it's hard to listen to a new person .People don't like change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    I think that we all just get used to a certain commentator and it's hard to listen to a new person .People don't like change.
    True enough - unless the change is an improvement Nicky, Simon and Chris in any combination makes me

TEB Grand Prix starts live on Eurosport in an hour

vCash
    Are they going to be showing the SD or not ? They have compulsory dance tomorrow

is lutz crazy!!!
    vCash
    Are they going to be showing the SD or not ? They have compulsory dance tomorrow
    That made me chuckle too!

vCash
    Must say I liked David Clement/Clemence ? more yesterday than I first did but.... he must have said beautiful a hundred times

BF edges BF skating BF spins BF BF BF

vCash
    I am beautiful, it's so beautiful...biutiful!! hehe
    anyway, it was great I didn't have to bare Simon Reed. Thanks Eurosport!!

vCash
    Must say I liked David Clement/Clemence ? more yesterday than I first did but.... he must have said beautiful a hundred times

BF edges BF skating BF spins BF BF BF
    Beautiful and eXCellent...with an extra emphasis on the x...He's so dull, zero constructive criticism!

vCash
    I wondered who that new guy was. I heard him on the SDs for TEB. I didn't think he was too bad. Made some interesting comments about Scott's role in leading the woman in the SD.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I put this in secret sources, but does anyone else in the UK have sky plus? When i press the info button on the pairs SP it keeps telling me it's the "short pairs programme" and I Haven't checked if they continued the error at TEB.

vCash
    I noticed that but they have changed it finally
    Currently showing men's free, then ladies' free and free dance - although they have dumped the first group of men and started with Adam Rippon.

vCash
    A new discipline in men's figure skating !

Eurosport Mens Dance Friday at 15.00 HRS

vCash
    A new discipline in men's figure skating !

Eurosport Mens Dance Friday at 15.00 HRS
    Inspired by Blades of Glory of course!
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I finally got round to watching the rest of NHK and oh goodness Nicky on his own is the most pointless commentator ever. As others have pointed out all he has is the planned content sheet in front of him and if anyone does anything differently he cannot tell you what happened. He couldn't even tell that Takahashi did a 3F/3T in the short and not a 4T. In real time he admitted that he missed what it was. On the replay he settled on the fact it was a triple, but couldn't identify the jump.

vCash
    Are these commentators actually at the event or are they just in a studio ?

vCash
    Are these commentators actually at the event or are they just in a studio ?
    That I don't know. I notice that sometimes Chris Howarth confirms the levels and downgrades when the scores come up. I presume when he does this that they're at the event and have access to the protocols immediately. When he stays silent on that information when the scores come up I assume they're not at the event.

vCash
    I don't think they are ever at GP events, maybe only in Paris, as the Eurosport studios are in France. When they read the protocols, the event is usually not live and they are simply reading it from the ISU site.

Vacant
    vCash
    I'm sick to the back teeth of Simon Reed with his Kostnerhate and endless ranting when the result doesn't go the way HE thinks it should have. He would not STFU over Nan Song at CoC. Also I'm not buying that he was so much better in his ITV days. I uploaded Jill Trenary's LP from 1986 St Ivel to youtube the other day and he actually thought her 1foot axel -3sal combo was a botched axel cleverly covered up with the triple. Yeah right..

Nicky's continual butchering of names is outrageous. The whole Maya, Mayo Asudo business at NHK was beyond the pale. Anyone would think she was just out of juniors and no one had ever heard of Mao Asada! Speaking of fresh out of juniors, Nicky seems to be a big fan of Elevator Tuktamisheva. As others have said, his total lack of knowledge of elements is an embarrassment.

David Clements was very banal on TEB. The man is a former competitive skater (represented GB at the 1960 Olympics) and coach who upon viewing the slo-mo of Murakami's flutz in the LP, declared it to be a true lutz.

Chris is by far the best. Very aware and can point out immediately why a jump goes wrong and explains CoP very well. He manages to keep Nicky in check most of the time and they do have some good banter but he hasn't a chance against Simon who will just prattle on regardless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Nicky's continual butchering of names is outrageous. The whole Maya, Mayo Asudo business at NHK was beyond the pale. Anyone would think she was just out of juniors and no one had ever heard of Mao Asada! Speaking of fresh out of juniors, Nicky seems to be a big fan of Elevator Tuktamisheva. As others have said, his total lack of knowledge of elements is an embarrassment.

Chris is by far the best. Very aware and can point out immediately why a jump goes wrong and explains CoP very well. He manages to keep Nicky in check most of the time and they do have some good banter but he hasn't a chance against Simon who will just prattle on regardless.
    The "Maia Asada" thing is beyond annoying. How can you possibly butcher such a simple name?

ITA with the rest of it, too. They could team Chris with any random skating fan and it would likely be as good as the current situation if not better. Surely any number of FSUers would be up to the task?

Prick Admin
    vCash
    The infuriating thing about Mayo Asudo was that he was saying Akiko Suzuki perfectly well.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast