Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Did I miss something?.
    I just watched Eurosports coverage of the Cup Of China Exhibition.
    Where was the Gold medal winners?!.
    Was I the only one that missed it?

Choice is an illusion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefan View Post
    I pay a subscription to receive Eurosport UK and Eurosport 2 specifically to watch skating. The live action from CoC has been on Eurosport HD which requires a further (third!) subscription to Sky which is really annoying.
    Hmm, is HD so popular in EU and UK now? No competitions from CoC were reserved solely for Eurosport HD here in Russia.

Luckily, my cable operator provides me with Sport 2 and Eurosport 1 and HD in just one package, which is really comfortable.
    We can never see past the choices we don't understand.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PashaFan View Post
    Did I miss something?.
    I just watched Eurosports coverage of the Cup Of China Exhibition.
    Where was the Gold medal winners?!.
    Was I the only one that missed it?
    I just did the same and no you're not alone. They cut the broadcast off after Hanyu.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Ok, this is really weird.

They are repeating some segments of the competition a lot but they aren't showing the Free Dance AT ALL, as some of the other posters have remarked.

We should spam them with complaint e-mails.

I am way too lazy at the moment to dig the e-mail address up but if somebody else feels up for it, please do and share. ;P

Prick Admin
    vCash
    This was posted back in 2008, so don't know if it still works.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...5&postcount=61

comheadoff@eurosport.com
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Choice is an illusion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    This was posted back in 2008, so don't know if it still works.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...5&postcount=61
    I actually like the email

vCash
    Thanks Fred, come on people let's write complaints that Eurosport 2 is showing repeats when Free Dance is on live. And even more annoyingly, they aren't even showing it later.

vCash
    Go to the Eurosport/yahoo website, click on message boards then go to winter sports.
    There are figure skating fans who have let Eurosport know what they think !.

Choice is an illusion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PashaFan View Post
    Go to the Eurosport/yahoo website, click on message boards then go to winter sports.
    There are figure skating fans who have let Eurosport know what they think !.
    Do they actually read those forums? As far as I remember, not very often

Choice is an illusion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Thanks Fred, come on people let's write complaints that Eurosport 2 is showing repeats when Free Dance is on live. And even more annoyingly, they aren't even showing it later.

If anyone writes the petition, I will be the first to sign. I am not quite good at composing such works in English

vCash
    Can we also complain about Simon Reed? He is an utterly rubbish commentator. I hate that he appears to be more senior to Chris Howarth so we have to listen to Simon talking shyte and then Chris correcting him. Then worse Chris isn't involved for NHK

vCash
    What about ice dance at TEB? Whgat is going on?

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    What about ice dance at TEB? Whgat is going on?
    Eurosport are probably bored with the current crop of ice dancers. They didn't even show the NHK free dance at all.

vCash
    The Ice dance free is scheduled on Eurosport for the TEB on Sunday (at the moment).
    Eurosport did show the top three in the ice dance free at the NHK Trophy Monday night in the highlights package.
    I was really shocked they did !

Choice is an illusion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Eurosport are probably bored with the current crop of ice dancers. They didn't even show the NHK free dance at all.
    I guess timbersports champs just look more artistic and elegant, since they are showing it quite often

vCash
    Eurosport.

Simon Reed is such an idiot... I am really lucky with the Polish commentator.

The skating guy really knows his stuff and the other commentator who commentates all the sports takes his job really seriously and he actually spent loads of time learning about skating rules and his comments are getting more and more in-depth (he used to be such an idiot too).

vCash
    I didn't mind Simon Reed at all way back in the days of terrestrial tv and ITV..Also in the early days of Eurosport. Over the years he is following the sport less and less and since the introduction of COP, he has become totally uninformed which is becoming quite irritating. He has not kept up with cop at all and still looks at skating with a 6.0 eye and often is baffled by results which are totally normal. From a pure commentating stance though, he does talk at the right times and is eloquent and succinct.

Nicky Slater bothers me slightly more, for an ex skater he knows way too little. At least Simon Reed has a day job. U'd think Slater would and should be more interested to be informed. He can't call the jumps without the program content sheet and he also talks a lot more than Simon, especially when he is alone and over compensating. It takes him very long to articulate his point.

However having slated both commentators I will take them both over the vast majority of US/Can or even Italian commentators. The North Am are soo loud and talk so much! Kwiatowski and Lipinsky on Icenetwork make me want to end my life, they're both so nasal and long winded. Hamilton etc even worse. Italians just chat as if they're sitting in a cafe from start to finish.

vCash
    Nicky Slater gets confused a lot of the times surprisingly! For a former skater it's astonishing, but I like the way he's always putting his input and focus in the component part of all the programs. I think he has some nice points when he speaks about costumes, or the "look", the details and that kind of stuff. Normally commentators focus in jumps and spins and that's it.

Simon Reed annoys me like no other. Apart of him being totally clueless, he's such a drama-queen He doesn't let you enjoy the programs at all when sb makes a mistake, I remember him commentating Kostner's program in the last competition and ruining the spell just because she tripped or sth like that and he starting saying she's never gonna be clean and yadda yadda... He doesn't get the facts right, and makes them up like the Shibutani's were 2nd but very close to victory in China or questioning the judging when he doesn't have a clue at all...Ok, maybe I'm biased but it's because I can't stand him from tennis matches when he's always talking pooo

The best is Chris Howarth. He knows his stuff, does his homework, explain you a lot about the COP and usually is not that opinionated in everything. I would have him with Nicky if I could choose

is lutz crazy!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLIVER View Post

Nicky Slater bothers me slightly more, for an ex skater he knows way too little. At least Simon Reed has a day job. U'd think Slater would and should be more interested to be informed. He can't call the jumps without the program content sheet and he also talks a lot more than Simon, especially when he is alone and over compensating. It takes him very long to articulate his point.
    This really sums up my thoughts on Nicky Slater.

I had two non skating fan friends over last weekend and subjected them to quite a lot of skating. I confess to having a rant about Nicky early on but by the end of the weekend they were getting frustrated with him, as they knew some of the things they were looking out for (and asked some intellident questions about the performances) and Nicky just kept saying things like - "Well I was an Ice Dancer so what do I know".

All commentators should in my opinion take the time to learn about the sport they are commentating on and the rules of competition. But if you have been part of the sport in the past it seems to me even more important that you actually give some indication of interest in the sport, rather than the complacent laziness that Nicky seems to express.

I like Chris Howarth for the most part. Actually seems to have an idea about the rules and looks at where the judges have built up their marks.

I don't supposed CH was too thrilled by (I think Nicky) telling the audience at some point last weekend that one of the pairs teams he coached had got only level one of a spin and he had "no idea why".

Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    Nicky Slater gets confused a lot of the times surprisingly! For a former skater it's astonishing, but I like the way he's always putting his input and focus in the component part of all the programs. I think he has some nice points when he speaks about costumes, or the "look", the details and that kind of stuff. Normally commentators focus in jumps and spins and that's it.:
    That perspective is nice to have from Nicky but IMO he tends to focus on it to the exclusion of all else. Yes there is a fine balance in skating between the technical and the presentation but when the technical is clearly inferior he tends to still bang on about the presentation as if the technical bit doesn't matter. he doesn't use his knowledge (probably he hasn't done his research to have the knowledge) to help the audience understand why one skater has been scored more highly than another. In some cases there is not such a fine line and he could do it if he chose to.
    Last edited by mella; 11-17-2011 at 01:51 PM.

vCash
    The only redeeming feature about Nicky Slater is that he seems to get on well with Chris, they have a lot of banter and often make each other laugh inappropriately....you just know their snarking with the mics off.

For that reason i quite like it when Nickly's commentating with him.

Was it NHK that had Simon Reed and David Clements (was that who it was?) it sounded like they were both watching pain dry. The bonus was they were both pretty quiet and comments like "great twist" as the girls comes crashing down ont her partners shoulder barely caught

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast