Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Can't cell phone records be checked through the company, and not only with the phone in hand?
    As far as text messages go, it depends on the provider. Some don't keep any record of texts. Some keep just who to/from. Some keep the contents of the text. And they all have different lengths of time they keep the information.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticchic View Post
    Also the feds aren't involved which speaks volumes.
    Well the FBI is involved. Hard to get more fed than that.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I thought after 24 hours all kidnappings involved the FBI (on the assumption that the victim could at that point have crossed state lines even if they don't know for sure) until/unless they know if was strictly state or local (or a body's found within that state, which isn't a federal crime either.)

vCash
    And since it is really easy to cross state lines in Kansas City (Missouri - where family lived, and Kansas by traveling on Interstate and highways), I would have assumed that the FBI was involved from the get go. Which I believe they were

Apparently the police have been tracking down hundreds of leads, including a teenager who had garage code access and the police staging a "break in" to the family home.

vCash

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    I thought after 24 hours all kidnappings involved the FBI (on the assumption that the victim could at that point have crossed state lines even if they don't know for sure) until/unless they know if was strictly state or local (or a body's found within that state, which isn't a federal crime either.)

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-bab...ry?id=14688581

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...ll_for_a_.html

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-bab...ry?id=14695496
    3539 and counting.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Uh, yeah, what's your point? Hence my questioning someone above saying they were NOT involved.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Uh, yeah, what's your point? Hence my questioning someone above saying they were NOT involved.
    That's not the way your post reads to me - sorry if I misunderstood.
    3539 and counting.

vCash
    Police tried to recreate the abduction today. The shutter kept banging against the house loudly and the window kept falling down on the police.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Sorry to return to the cell phone issue but I gotta ... I just read a news update on this, and one of the comments asked "why would the father's cell phone be in the house and available for "stealing" when he was at work ... at work on the graveyard shift no less on that graveyard shift for the first time (IIRC). Of all the times to have his cell phone on his person, THIS was the night.

Significant problem for this couple's story, methinks. And that is upsetting, because baby the odds of baby Lisa being alive would be better if a stranger has/had indeed made off with her.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Sorry to return to the cell phone issue but I gotta ... I just read a news update on this, and one of the comments asked "why would the father's cell phone be in the house and available for "stealing" when he was at work ... at work on the graveyard shift no less on that graveyard shift for the first time (IIRC). Of all the times to have his cell phone on his person, THIS was the night.
    I actually think that makes leaving the phone more understandable - working that shift was outside of the normal routine. I pretty much always pick up my phone when I leave for work in the morning (although I've been known to forget it from time to time), but leaving the house other times? Or going to an off site work meeting? Or anything not part of my usual day? I often forget my phone

Again, the pileup of all the first times and coincidences makes the whole thing feel hinky, but the cell phone in and of itself doesn't set off alarms for me.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Nor for me. I forget my cell phone at home more often than I remember to take it with. So one can't just assume that because many have their phones glued to their hands now, that everyone has the same phone habits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    ...I am not saying that it is not possible that something is fishy. In a lot of cases it sadly was. But the reactions are very typical of terror management, laying the blame at the victims before anything is proven. Just imagine that you are wrong. How many people think like you and what a hell these parents then would have to go through added to the abduction. Maybe it is fishy. But please keep in mind that your reaction is a very typical one if there are victims (ie to blame the victims) and try to think more of the innocent until proven guilty line...
    Two words: Jon-Benet Ramsey. Can you imagine the hell Patsy Ramsey went through? Not only was her daughter murdered in the family home, which was horrible enough. But the public and the Boulder police thought she and her husband were somehow involved. The Boulder PD botched the investigation. By the time they decided to look beyond the Ramseys, crucial evidence had been lost. Patsy Ramsey went to her grave without learning who killed her daughter and seeing him or her brought to justice.

vCash
    The mother of missing baby Lisa Irwin is preparing to be charged in connection with her baby's disappearance, according to a family member who says she thinks that an arrest is "inevitable."

Ashley Irwin, the aunt of the missing 10-month-old, said in an exclusive interview with ABC News that she believes police are spending more time focusing on the family -- in particular baby Lisa's mother Deborah Bradley -- than on finding viable suspects.

"It's what the police do," Ashley Irwin said. "They don't have any leads so they just have to pin it on somebody."
    http://news.yahoo.com/missing-baby-l...083903750.html

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I know the *police* sometimes make mistakes, but they get it right more often than not. They have to have evidence to get a conviction.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Unfortunately the mother was the last one to see the baby so without any evidence of a kidnapping (no ransom, no footprints and we assume no unfamiliar fingerprints in the room or on the nursery window or front door), the police are focusing on the mom.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdycool View Post
    Nor for me. I forget my cell phone at home more often than I remember to take it with. So one can't just assume that because many have their phones glued to their hands now, that everyone has the same phone habits.
    I have been known to have to call my own cell phone from my land line to figure out where I left it in my house. I wouldn't hold forgetting a cell phone against anyone.

As for the police 'needing to pin it on somebody', as the friend says, . Yeah, they LOVE wasting time and resources on the wrong people. If there's no evidence of illegal entry, no ransom, the door was unlocked, no one in the house heard or noticed anything (not damning of itself), the mother was home alone except for the children, and this morning on the news there was allegedly a security video of her out shopping with a man not her husband that night...the police would be remiss to NOT look at the mother.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    and this morning on the news there was allegedly a security video of her out shopping with a man not her husband that night...the police would be remiss to NOT look at the mother.
    Uh oh. I wonder if she left the baby alone while she went out with this man and returned home to a deceased child. Maybe she freaked when she realized she would get caught not only leaving the child alone but being with another man and concocted this story. Of course, this is assuming the man was not just a friend or relative.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I think the Aunts comments are really fueled by emotion right now. I think everyone would like to believe that the police would get who did this as soon as possible and have all the loose ends tied up asap but the reality is police do make mistakes by jumping on suspects too soon and innocent people go to jail because of it. It happens all to often.

As far as the phone goes, I either forget where I put it down, I can't hear it if it rings or it's dead. I haven't had a land line in 15 years.

Going on diet soon
    vCash
    I live in Illinois, and this reminds me of the Riley Fox case. Father fell asleep in the living room, AFAIR, and woke up to find his daughter missing. He was arrested and questioned for 14 hours, "confessed" and was convicted. When the police finally got around to processing the DNA, surprise, it wasn't him.

http://archive.chicagobreakingnews.c...es-behind.html

Unfortunately here in Illinois, the police have frequently arrested and prosecuted innocent individuals. Could be mom, but the police need to follow up on all leads, and if they have no physical evidence, they shouldn't make up evidence to fit their theory that mom did it.
    Crows and Eville SQUIRRELS love peanuts!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast