Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    X What Prancer said. And ...

I do NOT trust lie detector results (a real-crime junkie, I've viewed/read of far too many false positives/negatives ... e.g. didn't OJ pass his first one?).

However, nothing else adds up. I'll be shocked if one of the parents in this case (more likely the mother) isn't involved. And I'm hoping that the little girl is just being used as pawn for what-have-you, and is - against odds - alive and non-traumatized.

Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    The whole story is in the Jaycee Dugard thread. Dirt road, rural area, no houses; better yet read her book for the first hand account.
    Bizarre mindset you possess, there. Everyone I grew up with (and their kids) traversed - alone - "dirt roads, rural area, no houses" ... and there were, let's see, , zero abductions or any kind of things untoward.

vCash
    I've heard Polly Klaus's father say when it's your child you are so desperate that you do whatever the police ask. They and the news getting the word out has to be one of your only good options. I can't imagine anyone not being frantic.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    It doesn't sound like the mother left it unlocked. I assumed the intruder (if there was one) to have left by the front door. It may be that the parents or the mother is to blame but I would rather suspect someone who knew the father was working overtime. To just assume the mother did it means that the true perpetrator is not being sought.
    My understanding is that she said she left the door unlocked. That's what was intimated on GMA.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Pure speculation on my part, but the cell phone thing bugs me. I know that my kids are never more than inches away from their phones and text constantly. Could it be that there was (is) a discussion on the phone that someone was trying to hide?

Like I said the cell phone things bugs me the most because it seems so out of place.

Regarding the left the door unlocked - if I had left it unlocked, I would probably said something like "it was unlocked? I think I remember it being locked and I usually check the locks before I go to bed" I didn't hear the interview that rfisher did, but from her account it sounds like the mom said "I didn't lock it"

vCash
    Does anyone wonder if the child died naturally, say crib death, SIDS, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, or if, say, the baby was crying and the mother shook her to death, TRAGIC, and the parents wanted to get rid of the body rather than be questioned about it. Guess those are too far fetched.

So sad, something is terribly wrong here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    Does anyone wonder if the child died naturally, say crib death, SIDS, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, or if, say, the baby was crying and the mother shook her to death, TRAGIC, and the parents wanted to get rid of the body rather than be questioned about it. Guess those are too far fetched.

So sad, something is terribly wrong here.
    I don't think it's too far fetch at all, she may have panicked and asked someone to take care of the body instead of call the police.

I also forget sometimes to lock my front door or take my cell phone up stairs with me or even forget to charge it and it goes dead.

If the father did come home in the middle of the night and I knew he was going to be home at the time, I wouldn't think a thing about it if I heard noises at that time. I would have assumed it was him making noises, especially if there was a car running in the driveway or someone opening the front door.

I just the hope the child is found alive soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I just the hope the child is found alive soon.
    As much as I want this to happen, the fact that they were searching the local landfill, I don't think that is a real possibility. But then I could be wrong - I certainly hope so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    X I'll be shocked if one of the parents in this case (more likely the mother) isn't involved. And I'm hoping that the little girl is just being used as pawn for what-have-you, and is - against odds - alive and non-traumatized.
    What would their motive be? I can't think of one other than to hide a death, as Lacey suggested.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    I don't watch Nancy Grace, but I'm sure she's already tried, convicted, and crucified the girl's mother .

That being said, I do think there's something definitely hinky about her account of how things went down that night.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

Banned Member
    vCash
    I was watching a news video on this case. They went through the family's house, and it is very small. I can't imagine someone going in and out of there without the mother not hearing something. I want to be upbeat and hope the little girl is returned unharmed, but it really doesn't look good to me. As for the mother's motive, who knows. Maybe she gave the child too much medicine and the baby died, and she's trying to cover it up. But there are two other kids in the house, and you'd think they would have been aware of something going on.

If the mother is innocent I hope she is cleared soon so that this won't be another JonBenet like situation where the parents are still thought to have been involved. Very sad situation.

vCash
    About the other kids, I know my kids sleep through anything. They are too big now, but I used to be able to pick them up and move them when they were asleep and they wouldn't wake up. I have no idea about this case, but I wouldn't read anything into the kids not waking up. That said, until very recently (my kids are now teenagers) I would wake up with any sound in the house. When my kids were babies, even a sigh on the monitor would wake me up.
    I don't know what to think about the cell phones ... My kids are not allowed to have there phones in there bedrooms. We all leave our phones downstairs to charge at night. We do have a landline upstairs so maybe that is the difference.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    The media is reporting that it is very unlikely that a stranger took the baby. Which is almost sad because most stranger abductions are because the perp wants a baby at any lengths and most are returned unharmed.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    The media don't know anything more than you or I do.

vCash
    No, but they probably check the statistics like you and I can ... and see that those show an overwhelmingly "parent/s did it" majority.

The missing cell phone issue: Maybe a cell phone was used from a location that does "not" fit the story one/both parents are giving [/ worst case: wherever the baby is] ... perhaps even, in a panic, one called the other.

Anyone who has read papers/watched a crime story knows that "where" cell phones ding off of towers are now a great tool for crime solvers ... at the least they catch suspects in a big lie. Burying all three in a ditch somewhere (even if only one was suspicious), and saying that - incredibly - they were the only things taken from the house besides one's daughter, is still a better option than keeping them and thus revealing that your story is crap.

Still, again, I hope for the best.

vCash
    Can't cell phone records be checked through the company, and not only with the phone in hand?

vCash
    Why take the cell phones, if you are not going to use it and using it would put you in that "dumb criminal" category. Once where I worked someone stole a doc's lab coat with the keys to his car and cell phone. Stole the car and then used the cell phone. It was a long time ago and I can't remember, but they did get the car back. Maybe they didn't want them to call the police.....but, all they had to do was go to a neighbors or drive.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    As far as polygraphs go, it's not a question of straight pass/fail and they don't work by just saying "true", "false", etc. It measures things like respiration and pulse and the person administering the test analyzes the results. You can lie your head off and pass or tell the truth and fail if you're calm or agitated enough. That's why the pros don't call them "lie detectors", they say "polygraph", and unless it's changed most places they're not admissible in court. Too much chance of them being wrong or inconclusive. When the FBI agent who lectured my criminal justice camp on it explained, he also even told us if he ever had to really polygraph any of us to mention the class as he'd have to change how he asked things, since we now had an idea on how it worked! The mother might be lying, or she might be so stressed and on edge she couldn't 'pass' no matter how she wanted to.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Yes, polygraphs are not consistent. I'd imagine an innocent mother who just lost her baby would have pretty intense responses to awful questions about the abduction. And if you take beta blockers in advance you can sail through. Polygraphs are not reliable.

vCash
    you'd be surprised at what the media knows and doesn't report! I'm pretty surprised the police at being this outspoken. Also the feds aren't involved which speaks volumes.
    softball

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    The media is reporting that it is very unlikely that a stranger took the baby. Which is almost sad because most stranger abductions are because the perp wants a baby at any lengths and most are returned unharmed.
    I thought that was actually very rare?
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast