Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 204
  1. #41
    engaged to dupa
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven for climate, Hell for company.
    Posts
    18,917
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1083
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    As soon as I heard about this case, I thought, "the mom killed the baby and disposed of the body."
    Why?
    3539 and counting.

    Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

  2. #42

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Thankfukky watching skating
    Posts
    13,118
    vCash
    317
    Rep Power
    17211
    I love how people have quickly decided that the parents or at least the mother is a baby killer. Oh wait, some think they just want publicity & money. I think that maybe we should wait for more facts before we expound our personal theories. Should we spare a thought that maybe the parents are innocent & that they are suffering? Or would that kill the fun?

  3. #43
    Teenage Mutant
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Living every week like it's Shark Week
    Posts
    2,156
    vCash
    4396
    Rep Power
    1796
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Why?
    It's the plot of like every other LAW & Order SVU.
    Sometimes I think I lost something really important to me, and it turns out I already ate it.

  4. #44
    engaged to dupa
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven for climate, Hell for company.
    Posts
    18,917
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1083
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaTurtles View Post
    It's the plot of like every other LAW & Order SVU.
    Oh, yeah.
    3539 and counting.

    Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

  5. #45

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,619
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15002
    I am not saying for sure the parents did it. I actually think the mother is more likely guilty than the father but anything is possible at this point. It is just that in cases like this, the parents are involved 99% of the time. Then throw in the weird facts we are learning about and a failed lie detector test, the odds go up to 99.9%
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

  6. #46

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NY/NJ
    Posts
    4,920
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11226
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Why?
    Susan Smith, for starters. There was another one where the woman claimed her baby was kidnapped when in fact she had drowned the baby in a nearby lake. Later she changed her story to say she had allowed her baby to accidentally drown in the bathtub and dumped him off because she was afraid of punishment. Link: http://www.kcci.com/r/11420829/detail.html

    I feel like I've seen these facts ("OMG, someone kidnapped my children...oh wait, I killed them") play out so many times. Maybe I watch too much Dateline.

    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I love how people have quickly decided that the parents or at least the mother is a baby killer. Oh wait, some think they just want publicity & money. I think that maybe we should wait for more facts before we expound our personal theories. Should we spare a thought that maybe the parents are innocent & that they are suffering? Or would that kill the fun?
    I'm not having any fun. That was just my gut reaction. Like I said, I would be thrilled to be wrong. But what are the odds that the one time they don't lock the door someone comes into the house, steals the baby and leaves?
    Last edited by Cheylana; 10-07-2011 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Edited to add link about mom who drowned newborn
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

  7. #47
    Reality TV's Bytch
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Oblivion
    Posts
    1,814
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    Lie detectors aren't always that accurate, and also, what did she lie about? What question or questions didn't she answer truthfully?

  8. #48

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Back to skating!
    Age
    36
    Posts
    17,412
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2755
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I love how people have quickly decided that the parents or at least the mother is a baby killer. Oh wait, some think they just want publicity & money. I think that maybe we should wait for more facts before we expound our personal theories. Should we spare a thought that maybe the parents are innocent & that they are suffering? Or would that kill the fun?
    I agree with you a lot.

    It is kind of interesting to read this read from a psychological perspective. There is a theory that says that people react the way a lot of people do in this thread as a form of terror management.
    As soon as something happens that is too hard to grasp and too horrible, they try to persuade themselves that it could never happen to them and that the victims are at fault themselves.
    It is too horrible to even think about your baby being abducted so parents are blamed. Not only if they are the real culprits but also for things every person would do once in a while like forgetting their cell phone or not hearing an intruder.

    That is why you so often hear women saying "well, she asked for it with her clothes" when they hear that another woman was raped. (it was her clothes therefore it could never happen to me)

    I am not saying that it is not possible that something is fishy. In a lot of cases it sadly was. But the reactions are very typical of terror management, laying the blame at the victims before anything is proven.
    Just imagine that you are wrong. How many people think like you and what a hell these parents then would have to go through added to the abduction.
    Maybe it is fishy. But please keep in mind that your reaction is a very typical one if there are victims (ie to blame the victims) and try to think more of the innocent until proven guilty line...

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cali baby
    Posts
    1,797
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Lie detectors aren't always that accurate, and also, what did she lie about? What question or questions didn't she answer truthfully?
    The article did not say what the questions/answers say. I'm not involved with the case, I'm just passing on links to articles about this.

  10. #50

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,341
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    The article did not say what the questions/answers say. I'm not involved with the case, I'm just passing on links to articles about this.
    The article also only said that the mother said that the police told her she flunked ... which could be an interrogation technique.

  11. #51

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,063
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2109
    I heard part of a news conference the baby's mother gave, she said the police showed her a picture of Lisa and kept asking her where the body was. She said she kept telling them she didn't know but they would't stop asking her.

  12. #52
    engaged to dupa
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven for climate, Hell for company.
    Posts
    18,917
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1083
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I am not saying for sure the parents did it. I actually think the mother is more likely guilty than the father but anything is possible at this point. It is just that in cases like this, the parents are involved 99% of the time. Then throw in the weird facts we are learning about and a failed lie detector test, the odds go up to 99.9%
    99%? Really? Where did that figure come from?
    3539 and counting.

    Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

  13. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    227
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Ummmmmm, it is the family or someone close a lot. Not always, just saying. I would have thought Jaycee D. stepfather was guilty, but he wasn't. This situation of parents, etc. abusing, murdering their children is happening way to much and I'm surprised people are shocked that some of us think that thought.

  14. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cali baby
    Posts
    1,797
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    I heard part of a news conference the baby's mother gave, she said the police showed her a picture of Lisa and kept asking her where the body was. She said she kept telling them she didn't know but they would't stop asking her.
    That in itself could cause enough agitation and cause a false reading of "lying". I don't know, I hope the parents have nothing to do with this but my gut feeling is another form of Susan Smith. It also reminds me of the Haleigh Cummings story in Florida.

  15. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    4,722
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebetty View Post
    Ummmmmm, it is the family or someone close a lot. Not always, just saying. I would have thought Jaycee D. stepfather was guilty, but he wasn't. This situation of parents, etc. abusing, murdering their children is happening way to much and I'm surprised people are shocked that some of us think that thought.
    Google turns up stats in a few different sources. Parents are involved in child abductions roughly 82% of the time, according to a brief search. That is likely a misleading number, though, as it includes child abductions related to custody disputes and reports when a non-custodial parent has kept a child longer than visitation allows.

  16. #56
    engaged to dupa
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven for climate, Hell for company.
    Posts
    18,917
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1083
    http://www.parents.com/kids/safety/s...duction-facts/

    Based on the identity of the perpetrator, there are three distinct types of kidnapping: kidnapping by a relative of the victim or "family kidnapping" (49 percent), kidnapping by an acquaintance of the victim or "acquaintance kidnapping" (27 percent), and kidnapping by a stranger to the victim or "stranger kidnapping" (24 percent).
    3539 and counting.

    Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

  17. #57
    engaged to dupa
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven for climate, Hell for company.
    Posts
    18,917
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1083
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebetty View Post
    Ummmmmm, it is the family or someone close a lot. Not always, just saying. I would have thought Jaycee D. stepfather was guilty, but he wasn't. This situation of parents, etc. abusing, murdering their children is happening way to much and I'm surprised people are shocked that some of us think that thought.
    No one is shocked. Lynch mobs have been around for a long time. Just not enough evidence yet for me to go there.
    3539 and counting.

    Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

  18. #58
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    c'est genifique!
    Posts
    29,686
    vCash
    325
    Rep Power
    14922
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebetty View Post
    Ummmmmm, it is the family or someone close a lot. Not always, just saying. I would have thought Jaycee D. stepfather was guilty, but he wasn't.
    And when Jaycee was finally found, there wasn't a whole lot of apology going on about his assumed role in the kidnapping. Even in the tv special that ran this year, the only mention of him in the whole show was that there was a stepfather in the picture who "didn't get along" with Jaycee.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

  19. #59

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    4,742
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3655
    So we can't discuss the details of the case without being part of a lynch mob? On a discussion board? Um...ok then.
    Team Peeps!

  20. #60
    engaged to dupa
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven for climate, Hell for company.
    Posts
    18,917
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1083
    Quote Originally Posted by Badams View Post
    So we can't discuss the details of the case without being part of a lynch mob? On a discussion board? Um...ok then.
    That's not at all what I said.
    3539 and counting.

    Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •