Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 204
  1. #61
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    South of New York City
    Posts
    2,062
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebetty View Post
    I would have thought Jaycee D. stepfather was guilty, but he wasn't. This situation of parents, etc. abusing, murdering their children is happening way to much and I'm surprised people are shocked that some of us think that thought.
    I think people on the sidelines have grown tired of becoming emotionally invested in these sad stories that turn out to be phony. People have become much more suspicious and untrusting as a result of having their trust abused.

    Maybe it's television, as someone pointed out, maybe it's just that we don't trust people anymore. With good reason - look how much time and effort went into searching for allegedly abducted children that turned out to have been killed, or sold to be killed, by their parents. In those children's names, I think the police and the public have to be at least a little suspicious of the parents during disappearances, especially when it's a "stranger in the middle of the night."

    I never thought Jaycee's stepfather was involved. I did think Zahra Baker's stepmother killed her, which the justice system upheld. Shaniya Davis' mother - not a doubt. This story just seems too bad-mystery-novel-ish for my taste, although it's plausible. I haven't seen any video footage of the parents, so I hope I'm wrong.

  2. #62
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    4,747
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    A story from the KC Star on what the investigation entails:

    http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/06...organized.html

    Given this info, it is possible that the police have reason to question the parents that intensely. They possibly have not found any physical evidence of an intruder, for example.

    Whatever they are working from, they aren't going to talk about, I'm sure.

  3. #63

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    10,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33043
    Quote Originally Posted by Badams View Post
    So we can't discuss the details of the case without being part of a lynch mob? On a discussion board? Um...ok then.
    People saying that they have a gut reaction that the mother killed her baby and disposed of the body as soon as they heard about this or that they had bad feelings from the start isn't really discussing details of the case, at least not to me.

  4. #64

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the rink of course!
    Posts
    3,213
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by FigureSpins View Post
    I
    I never thought Jaycee's stepfather was involved.
    Because he did not get along with her, he MADE her walk to school which is how the perv abducted Jaycee. So in my mind he is culpable.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

  5. #65
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    263
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    Because he did not get along with her, he MADE her walk to school which is how the perv abducted Jaycee. So in my mind he is culpable.
    How old was she? What was the neighborhood like? B/c walking to school by yourself seems pretty normal to me.

  6. #66
    engaged to dupa
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven for climate, Hell for company.
    Posts
    18,917
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1084
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    Because he did not get along with her, he MADE her walk to school which is how the perv abducted Jaycee. So in my mind he is culpable.
    Are your children ever out of your sight?
    3539 and counting.

    Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

  7. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11,004
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by moojja View Post
    How old was she? What was the neighborhood like? B/c walking to school by yourself seems pretty normal to me.
    My mother took the bus to school by herself in Taipei (a VERY large and busy city) when she was 6.

    I suppose her parents secretly wanted her to be kidnapped.

  8. #68
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    c'est genifique!
    Posts
    29,957
    vCash
    325
    Rep Power
    36573
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    Because he did not get along with her, he MADE her walk to school which is how the perv abducted Jaycee. So in my mind he is culpable.
    That is some fcuked up reasoning.

    Aren't you the one who posted earlier about being able to spot fake tears a mile away?

    (and I also was allowed to walk unchaperoned around my town under the age of 10. Too bad my parents were just too inept to arrange for a psychopath to pick me up!)
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

  9. #69
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cali baby
    Posts
    1,845
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    People saying that they have a gut reaction that the mother killed her baby and disposed of the body as soon as they heard about this or that they had bad feelings from the start isn't really discussing details of the case, at least not to me.
    I didn't realize this forum was strictly for stating facts and that interjecting one's thoughts is not allowed.

  10. #70

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the rink of course!
    Posts
    3,213
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    830
    The whole story is in the Jaycee Dugard thread. Dirt road, rural area, no houses; better yet read her book for the first hand account.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

  11. #71
    snarking for AZE
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    katbert greenhouse
    Posts
    30,164
    vCash
    2068
    Rep Power
    50005
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    The whole story is in the Jaycee Dugard thread. Dirt road, rural area, no houses; better yet read her book for the first hand account.
    didnt they move to that town because they thought it was safer?

    the idea that he is culpable is rather silly
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

  12. #72
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Looking for cupcakes
    Posts
    30,765
    vCash
    5550
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Badams View Post
    If I worked the overnight shift I would absolutely always have my phone with me. Even if I had to leave it In the car. Overnight I always make sure there is a phone near enough to me to hear it or find it in case of an emergency. All I have is a cell, so it charges as I sleep...under my pillows. But that's just me.
    I have my phone with me almost all the time. On the rare occasions that I have forgotten it, I generally turn around and go get it. I've had one too many flat tires or car issues to even think about not having it. The reason I got one of those first huge cell phones was because my car had issues on a major interstate and no one stopped, in broad daylight. Eventually my car started again and I could get to a truck stop, but it was scary to be on the side of the interstate with semis and cars passing you at 70 miles an hour.

    I am quite OCD about locking the doors and even more so if my husband is out of town. When my kids were little, I made sure that all the doors were locked. I don't sleep well when my husband is gone and wake up with the littlest of noises. If my husband was working nights for the first time - I would have had super hearing. But then as some people have noted, not everyone has that "spidey sense" or "cautionary" personality.

    The video clips of the workers going through the landfill was gut wrenching. There was a little boy killed by his father in this area and we saw night after night of video clips of people searching landfills. People volunteered to do that.

    The police and FBI must have some reason to believe it is necessary to search landfills. They must have some reason to state that the family is no longer cooperating. I would like nothing more than to believe that the child is safe or that if she isn't that the parents are not involved. That said, I think that the family does know something and may be involved at some level.

  13. #73
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    4,747
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    The video clips of the workers going through the landfill was gut wrenching. There was a little boy killed by his father in this area and we saw night after night of video clips of people searching landfills. People volunteered to do that.
    I could see that little boy's face in my mind as soon as I read this, numbers123. That was a horrible tragedy.

    I also have a feeling that the police in KC have found (or not found) something that is making them take the course in this investigation that they are taking.

  14. #74
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    City of Troy, Rensselaer County, NY
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,526
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    I have my phone with me almost all the time. On the rare occasions that I have forgotten it, I generally turn around and go get it. I've had one too many flat tires or car issues to even think about not having it. The reason I got one of those first huge cell phones was because my car had issues on a major interstate and no one stopped, in broad daylight. Eventually my car started again and I could get to a truck stop, but it was scary to be on the side of the interstate with semis and cars passing you at 70 miles an hour.
    That's exactly why I got mine, because I had a few car emergencies, including one at a gas station, where in order to use the pay phone I had to take out $$ from an ATM and then buy something in order to get change for the phone to call AAA.

    I am quite OCD about locking the doors and even more so if my husband is out of town.
    I am too. My mother was a stickler about keeping the doors locked, and running around making sure everything was tied down if we were all going somewhere out of town. My parents' house is the only one on their street that hasn't been broken into in the 38 years they've been living there.

  15. #75
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    252
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    I am quite OCD about locking the doors and even more so if my husband is out of town. When my kids were little, I made sure that all the doors were locked. I don't sleep well when my husband is gone and wake up with the littlest of noises. If my husband was working nights for the first time - I would have had super hearing. But then as some people have noted, not everyone has that "spidey sense" or "cautionary" personality.
    ^^^This.

    The biggest red flag to me is that it was the husband's first time working at night AND the first time she left the door unlocked. It doesn't add up. If I was home alone with my baby for the first time during the night I think it would definitely be in the forefront of my mind to make sure the door is locked.

  16. #76

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,164
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4024
    Don't you think it's strange that the two other children in the house slept through it all?

  17. #77
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    At the Christmas Bizarre
    Posts
    38,154
    vCash
    250
    Rep Power
    46687
    I think it's highly likely the parents were involved in some way; there are too many convenient coincidences. But IMO anyone who tells you that they don't believe in coincidences is an idiot by definition, so I reserve at least some doubt because sometimes 1+1 does not equal 2.

    For example, I've been known to leave the house through the garage and leave the front door wide open--or vice versa. Michael Moore would probably think he was in Canada if he happened to drop by. And when my kids were little, I was often so tired I had no idea where my cell phone was or if it was charged or turned on, and we used to charge all of our phones in the kitchen at night.

    But the likelihood that someone would just happen to come along looking for a child to snatch AND just happen to come to a house that just happened to have an unlocked door AND a child AND only one adult at home AND and and and. Not likely.

    However, I remember one case where a child was snatched at out of bed at night under highly unlikely circumstances and the police were convinced that the parents did it--only they actually didn't. And the police didn't bother to look for anyone else, so the kidnapper/killer ended up killing at least one other child before he was caught and confessed.

    So......I just hope the baby ends up being all right.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

  18. #78

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Infected with the joy of skating!!
    Posts
    10,543
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    14026
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Don't you think it's strange that the two other children in the house slept through it all?
    Not if there's an undiscovered history of abuse and they are just afraid to say what they saw/heard.

    But that having been said, if my baby went missing, and then I was subjected to 3 days of interrogation while I wanted to be out looking for my kid, I might stop talking to the cops, too. Especially if I knew I had nothing to do with it and I felt they were ignoring possible suspects.

    This is a horrible story whatever happens
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

  19. #79

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,961
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    6943
    Given the way the police sometimes latch onto a theory and keep holding it despite any (all?) evidence to the contrary, I don't know what to read into this other than "the parents" are part of their theory.

    They were certainly latched onto that idea in the Adam Walsh case at a similar time in the investigation.

    I have found that in "big" cases, the police seem more likely to grab hold of a theory and be reluctant to let it go until something else smacks them in the face, hard. Most police detectives will never investigate a kidnapping; it isn't as if they have a lot of opportunity to become good at those investigations, and there are likely to have been a huge number of mistakes early along.

  20. #80

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Thankfukky watching skating
    Posts
    13,643
    vCash
    317
    Rep Power
    41192
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    I think it's highly likely the parents were involved in some way; there are too many convenient coincidences. But IMO anyone who tells you that they don't believe in coincidences is an idiot by definition, so I reserve at least some doubt because sometimes 1+1 does not equal 2.

    For example, I've been known to leave the house through the garage and leave the front door wide open--or vice versa. Michael Moore would probably think he was in Canada if he happened to drop by. And when my kids were little, I was often so tired I had no idea where my cell phone was or if it was charged or turned on, and we used to charge all of our phones in the kitchen at night.

    But the likelihood that someone would just happen to come along looking for a child to snatch AND just happen to come to a house that just happened to have an unlocked door AND a child AND only one adult at home AND and and and. Not likely.

    However, I remember one case where a child was snatched at out of bed at night under highly unlikely circumstances and the police were convinced that the parents did it--only they actually didn't. And the police didn't bother to look for anyone else, so the kidnapper/killer ended up killing at least one other child before he was caught and confessed.

    So......I just hope the baby ends up being all right.
    It doesn't sound like the mother left it unlocked. I assumed the intruder (if there was one) to have left by the front door. It may be that the parents or the mother is to blame but I would rather suspect someone who knew the father was working overtime. To just assume the mother did it means that the true perpetrator is not being sought.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •