Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    How could you not hear someone breaking into your house? And taking the cell phones? What are the chances a 10 month old stays asleep being taken out of a crib and being passed thru a window into the night air? IDK...
    It happens. Most child abduction or disappearances do involve family members so I understand why that's the first place people's minds go but stranger abductions do happen.

I think people like to believe it couldn't happen to their family and of course they'd hear someone in their home but that's just not always true.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Badams View Post
    The cell phone thing bugs me. How did this person know they only had cell phones and no land line? And how did they know where to find both phones to steal them? And if the father was at work, why didn't he have his phone with him? Why was it home to be stolen?
    It was only speculation on my part that they don't have a land line. The article indicated they thought the 3 cell phones were taken to delay a call to police and that doesn't make sense if they do have a land line but please don't take that as fact - I don't know any better than any one else if they do or don't.
    3539 and counting.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    The parents were on GMA this morning. Apparently, this was the ONLY time the mother left the front door unlocked and the ONLY time the father worked over night. And the police apparently do think the parents are involved. After watching the interview, I have to agree that something just isn't right here. I don't think they hurt the baby, (hopefully) but I do think they're involved and wanting publicity and money. I just hope that's all they're doing.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    I have been praying that they find the baby alive. I don't want to compare this case to the many others over the years that did not turn out well for the missing child but ......still praying for a happy ending.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    And the police apparently do think the parents are involved.
    Ooh, that's new. Everything I've read said the police don't think that.

I hope they find the baby, healthy and sound. How very sad.

vCash
    Last edited by Yazmeen; 10-07-2011 at 02:33 PM.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Those poor parents.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I don't know what to think. Something is not right. I fear that the parents are involved and if so, I doubt that baby is ever found alive.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    ^ Brian, I'm with you. I can spot fake tears a mile away.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    ^ Brian, I'm with you. I can spot fake tears a mile away.
    The words are eerily similar to other cases where the parent has been found responsible. Caylee anyone?
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    The parents were on GMA this morning. Apparently, this was the ONLY time the mother left the front door unlocked
    All it takes is one time, if indeed it is an "outside" job...

And I agree with Badams about the cell phones. I am "wireless" myself (no landline), and that cell phone is always with me when I leave the house and go somewhere, whether it's to work, the market, or to a contra dance in Lenox, MA which is an hour's drive from where I live. It is also in my saddle bag when I go bicycling (and yes I have had to use it!). That's the real purpose of a cell phone, IMO: so you always have a way to contact someone in the event of an emergency.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    I don't always carry my cell phone. Most of the time but not always.
    3539 and counting.

vCash
    I forget my cell phone all the time at home, especially if it's on the charger.

My BIL's job doesn't allow cell phones, so he usually leaves it in his glove box, but he's also left it at home. Most notably during the VA earthquake that he never felt. His DD was freaking out because "Dad's not answering his cell phone!" He never answers it - voice mail and patience is the only way you can get hold of him on his cell phone during business hours.

vCash
    If I worked the overnight shift I would absolutely always have my phone with me. Even if I had to leave it In the car. Overnight I always make sure there is a phone near enough to me to hear it or find it in case of an emergency. All I have is a cell, so it charges as I sleep...under my pillows. But that's just me.
    Team Peeps!

vCash
    How could you not hear someone breaking into your house? And taking the cell phones? What are the chances a 10 month old stays asleep being taken out of a crib and being passed thru a window into the night air? IDK...
    You'd be surprised. My roommate has slept through a fire alarm so I wouldn't be surprised if she slept straight through someone breaking into the house.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Badams View Post
    If I worked the overnight shift I would absolutely always have my phone with me. Even if I had to leave it In the car. Overnight I always make sure there is a phone near enough to me to hear it or find it in case of an emergency. All I have is a cell, so it charges as I sleep...under my pillows. But that's just me.
    (my bold) Yes, that's you (and apparently Karina). It says nothing about what these parents do. The fact that I (and FigureSpins) don't also does nothing to inform about this particular instance.
    3539 and counting.

vCash
    Mother flunked lie detector test article. Something is very fishy.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I forget my cell phone all the time.

But the coincidence of the first time for ...well everything ... does come across as odd.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    (my bold) Yes, that's you (and apparently Karina). It says nothing about what these parents do. The fact that I (and FigureSpins) don't also does nothing to inform about this particular instance.
    Well, I don't live in the countryside and I make sure people know where I am going when I go out. If I need to make a call while I'm out, I borrow a phone. If DH needs to get me at the rink/studio/, they have phones at the front desk and can page me or take a message. I'm never out of touch for more than an hour, so it's okay.

The fact that the phones were all together in the kitchen and they were stolen is ominous, but not that the DH left his at home.

Although, I've had a bad feeling about this story from the start...

There's a photo of the little girl standing at a front door, so she might be able to walk, but she's too short to reach the doorknob/handle on her own. Locked or unlocked front door, some adult took that baby.

The Dad's alibi is that he was at work, leaving the Mom as the prime suspect since she didn't have an alibi. Wonder if something happened before the guy went to work and they planned a cover up this way, not realizing the wife would be the fall guy?

vCash
    As soon as I heard about this case, I thought, "the mom killed the baby and disposed of the body." Would love to be wrong, of course.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast