Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

vCash

10 month old abducted from crib

A ten month old girl was abducted from her crib during the night in Kansas, MO.
    Ten-month-old Lisa Irwin was last seen by her mother, at at 10:30 p.m. The child was discovered missing by her father at 4 a.m. when he returned home from work. An amber alert has been issued.Lisa has blue eyes and blond hair, is 30 inches tall and weighs 26 to 30 pounds. She was last seen wearing purple shorts and a purple shirt with white kittens on it, police said. The child has two bottom teeth and a beauty mark on her right outer thigh. Her parents said she also has a cold with a cough. Anyone with information should call 816-
    474-8477.
    I can't link the story but if you google missing ten month old, Lisa's picture will be in the story.

Prayers she is found safe.

vCash
    I can't imagine anything more horrible. You put your baby to bed for the night in her own bed, in her own home only to have someone kidnap her in the middle of the night. Those poor people.

vCash
    How awfully sad and shocking!

I hope they find the baby soon. I can't imagine what the parents must be going through. Why do people do such terrible things to other people?

vCash
    How horrible. I can't even imagine how the parents must be feeling. Here's the story. What a beautiful baby.

vCash
    I live near where the abduction took place. The Amber Alert is the crawl on every station. The fire department was brought in to repel down a hillside near her home and no significant evidence was found.

Update: The Amber Alert was just canceled, but Lisa is still missing.

Local coverage:

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15611288/...edirected=true
    Last edited by Lynn226; 10-05-2011 at 01:30 AM.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Why would the Amber alert be canceled? I can think of scenarios where that would happen but they don't seem to apply here.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    There are specific guidelines for Amber alerts.

http://www.amberalert.gov/guidelines.htm

Perhaps they feel based on new information that it is not a serious threat to the child (i.e., evidence a family member took her?), or that it is not an "abduction" (again, perhaps a family member) or some other new info that made them cancel it?
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post

Perhaps they feel based on new information that it is not a serious threat to the child (i.e., evidence a family member took her?), or that it is not an "abduction" (again, perhaps a family member) or some other new info that made them cancel it?
    Yeah, those are some of the scenarios I think would lead to canceling it but the article didn't hint at any of that. Of course the police might be closemouthed about the reason - they probably should be.

Here's hoping she's found safe and sound.
    3539 and counting.

vCash
    As a parent, I cannot imagine having my child kidnapped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Here's hoping she's found safe and sound.
    But I don't think that this is the likely outcome

I am hoping that she is found safe and sound too.

vCash
    supposedly the parents are no longer cooperating. Why?!
    the ABC article regarding this

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Maybe the police are pressing them hard. There was a similar case in Florida 5 or 6 years ago (maybe more) and the police concentrated so hard on the parents that they stopped cooperating, too.
    3539 and counting.

vCash
    I think the parents lost faith in the police after they closed down the command center and canceled the Amber Alert. Maybe the FBI needs to come in (even though there's no proof the baby was taken out of state). The thought that someone they know or trusted could have taken their daughter has to make the parents suspicious of everyone.

vCash
    It seems to me if the cell phones were taken (and that is my understanding), the police would have a GPS reading on them. Maybe they know something more than they are saying or the parents are involved.

I misplaced my purse a couple of Sundays ago and my husband was pretty accurate in finding where it was, even to the direction (north) that my purse was facing. If my phone could be found like that, I would think that their phones could be too

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    It seems to me if the cell phones were taken (and that is my understanding), the police would have a GPS reading on them. Maybe they know something more than they are saying or the parents are involved.

I misplaced my purse a couple of Sundays ago and my husband was pretty accurate in finding where it was, even to the direction (north) that my purse was facing. If my phone could be found like that, I would think that their phones could be too
    Does that work if they're turned off?
    3539 and counting.

vCash
    no - but why take them in the first place?

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    no - but why take them in the first place?
    Have no idea - the article mentioned they thought it was to prevent them calling the police. Maybe they don't have a land line.
    3539 and counting.

vCash
    Well the amber alerts only work for so long. They were really meant for when people see a child taken in a car or by someone that is known. After so many days they cancel them.
    Something is not right with this story. I've worked on a lot of these. The police know something and the parents aren't being truthful.
    softball

vCash
    How could you not hear someone breaking into your house? And taking the cell phones? What are the chances a 10 month old stays asleep being taken out of a crib and being passed thru a window into the night air? IDK...
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    The cell phone thing bugs me. How did this person know they only had cell phones and no land line? And how did they know where to find both phones to steal them? And if the father was at work, why didn't he have his phone with him? Why was it home to be stolen?
    Team Peeps!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast