View Poll Results: Will Evan compete or withdraw?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, and he'll dazzle us in a sparkly black costume!

28 26.92%
  • NO, he will pull out and leave us all in a sequin void!

76 73.08%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Will Evan Lysacek compete at Skate America?

What do y'all think?

Spitting Nickels
    vCash
    I hope Carriere has blocked off that weekend for his last-minute call.

vCash
    I don't think he will I just wish that he wouldn't have gone through the trouble of being put on the GP, and given another skater the opportunity of being prepared for SA, instead of having to get ready at the last minute.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DimaToe View Post
    I don't think he will I just wish that he wouldn't have gone through the trouble of being put on the GP, and given another skater the opportunity of being prepared for SA, instead of having to get ready at the last minute.
    My thoughts exactly. I hope he doesn't make up his mind to drop out two days before the competition starts.

vCash
    Is there a deadline by which Evan needs to withdraw?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    What do y'all think?
    It depends on how his left leg injury is healing. He was in a full leg brace a few weeks ago. I am sure that his potential replacement has been on stand by since Evan's injury.

vCash
    What happened to Evan? When did he get injured?

vCash
    NO, he will pull out and leave us all in a sequin void!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    NO, he will pull out and leave us all in a sequin void!
    More like a BLACK void

sorry.. couldn't resist

and no, I think he will pull out.

vCash
    He's gone 'wobbly' in his latest interview re his participation at SA and Nats. I'm sorry I don't have a link, but it was in another recent Evan thread. It was also mentioned that he was in a leg brace that I'm assuming was probably not too serious because there are no other follow-ups to that report.

I hope he either 1) participates and does well or 2) decides to hang up his competitive skates. There are a plethora of up and coming Men who can do without having spots taken and then relinquished at the last moment [I'm saying this as an Evan fan]

ETA - In the chance EL withdraws, could it be Razzano if he does well at Finlandia?
    Last edited by olympic; 10-05-2011 at 07:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    He's gone 'wobbly' in his latest interview re his participation at SA and Nats. I'm sorry I don't have a link, but it was in another recent Evan thread. It was also mentioned that he was in a leg brace that I'm assuming was probably not too serious because there are no other follow-ups to that report.

I hope he either 1) participates and does well or 2) decides to hang up his competitive skates. There are a plethora of up and coming Men who can do without having spots taken and then relinquished at the last moment [I'm saying this as an Evan fan]

ETA - In the chance EL withdraws, could it be Razzano if he does well at Finlandia?
    Evan's leg injury does not appear to be major; however, we do not know how much training time that he had to miss because of the injury. (If it was a major injury, he would have already WD from Skate America). Evan was wearing a full leg brace the week of September 12th. However, he was out of the leg brace when he made a speech at the USOC summit on September 23. The injury can explain Evan's comments to Hersh on 9/23 that he was not ready to commit to Skate America.

If the injury is fully healed, then I believe that Evan will compete at Skate America.
    Last edited by SkateFan66; 10-06-2011 at 12:20 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yunasashafan View Post
    More like a BLACK void

sorry.. couldn't resist

and no, I think he will pull out.
    Exactly. No sequin void, as he eschews the decorative type of costuming. . . Hope he's healing up well, but I don't think he'll compete.

Spitting Nickels
    vCash
    We likely won't know until the last minute; they will want to keep him on the roster as long as possible because he is a ticket-sales draw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post

Like so many of us I admire Evan and his skating and am so proud of his wonderful accomplishment of bringing the men's Oly championship back to the U.S. after so many years. However, I agree that he has had his day in the sun (which he well deserves) and it is time to make way for our up-and-coming American men.

vCash
    I do think we will see him back at some point, but not at Skate America.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    Agreed. Evan will be back, I'm sure of it. I just don't know if this is the time.

vCash
    I dont think his comeback was anything more than a publicity stunt anyway. It will never happen, so obviously no he wont compete at Skate America.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I dont think his comeback was anything more than a publicity stunt anyway. It will never happen, so obviously no he wont compete at Skate America.
    Yeah. I guess he's just training quads for no reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Yeah. I guess he's just training quads for no reason.
    He might be testing himself to see if he is any shape to compete, but the reality is already setting in that is not the case, and it is pointless to leave his great touring life with Olympic and World title aleady in his pocket, just to try and finish 7th at the next Olympics and diminish his reputation to the U.S public, while pushing 30 on a beat up body competing against people who skated at a level far beyond what he ever did (eg- Chan).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    my thought too.
    maybe Nationals. (like Sasha)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast