Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

John Zimmerman & Silvia Fontana

Does anyone know what they have been up to lately?

vCash
    They're coaching in South Florida. The rink is now called Saveology. It used to be called Incredible Ice. Silvia is also busy promoting and selling her Karisma Skatewear. they were at Eastern Sectionals last year (in Aston, PA), coaching and selling the Skatewear, as well as at US Nationals in Greensboro, NC, as well as at this summer's Liberty Competition in Aston.

vCash
    Well not sure how recent you refer to, but at WC Moscow 2011 in late March, the couple had their own sales stand at the arena selling their own boutique range of Italian sportswear. See

http://www.karismasport.com/

Seems to be doing very well, busy crowd everyday. Very best of luck to them.
    Last edited by os168; 10-04-2011 at 09:25 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Well not sure how recent you refer to, but at WC Moscow 2011 in late March, the couple had their own sales stand at the arena selling their own boutique range of Italian sportswear. See

http://www.karismasport.com/
    They had that stand at U.S. Nationals too. I bought some of their stuff and got to chat with John and Silvia. One of the sweetest, classiest and most gorgeous couples evah!!!

Funny story: My sister told John I wanted a photo with him but was too shy to ask (true). So then he came over and said to me, "Would you mind taking a photo with me?" He was so funny and charming, loved him!

Oh, and Silvia's skating clothes are
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    I'm glad to read things are going so well for them. I'm not surprised Silvia is designing a line of skating clothes. She was always one of the most tiffin ladies on the ice during her eligible days. She usually wore stylish costumes that flattered her and was always well-groomed with her hair and makeup just so.

I still remember one of her costumes from 1996 Worlds. Dick Button commented that it reminded him of sorbet. It was the color of apricots, it had sequins and she wore a scarf in the same color around her ponytail. Bellissima!

Btw, do they have any children?
    Last edited by Civic; 10-04-2011 at 09:26 PM.

vCash

In Birmingham

They came to John's home club Birminham FSC for the clubs 50th anniversary in September.

vCash
    Oh thank goodness. With this thread title, I was afraid this was bad news. Happy to hear some updates for them.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Btw, do they have any children?[/QUOTE]

Why do I have a feeling they maybe working on that They seem to have really settled in FL, neither is skating in shows anymore. I know she has her clothing line and they are both coaching, but maybe a little Zimmerman is on the way????

vCash
    I think they've been married for 8 years now, yes? But they don't have any children yet.

vCash
    Why do they need to have children?
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Why do they need to have children?
    Nobody said that they "need" to have children.
    There's merely speculation that they might be considering the possibility ...

ETA: Ohhh! Now I see where you get that from. Nevermind.

vCash
    I think they need to have a child who will skate with Marie-France and Patrice's child so we can see a gorgeous team. And, if some of the parents are their coaches, it will be an even more amazing treat in the Kiss & Cry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TwizzlerS View Post
    I think they need to have a child who will skate with Marie-France and Patrice's child so we can see a gorgeous team. And, if some of the parents are their coaches, it will be an even more amazing treat in the Kiss & Cry.
    Wouldn't that be a genetic "dream" team...I applaud your creativity!

vCash
    Sylvia was at Easterns. She is 5 months pregnant with a girl. I couldn't even tell she was pregnant and it was said in a "oh don't you know" kind of way, as if everyone knows...so here's passing on the not-so-newsy news to some and big news to others.

vCash
    Wow! Congrats to John and Silvia! Hope all goes well with the rest of the pregnancy and birth!

vCash
    Wow! Congratulations to them!

vCash
    Cool. I am happy for them.

vCash
    John is skating in Stars on Ice this year:
    http://starsonice.com/?content=skaters

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by n*ice mom View Post
    Sylvia was at Easterns. She is 5 months pregnant with a girl. I couldn't even tell she was pregnant and it was said in a "oh don't you know" kind of way, as if everyone knows...so here's passing on the not-so-newsy news to some and big news to others.
    Awesome! What a gorgeous child it'll be.

vCash
    From Hershey FSC Facebook:

"John Zimmerman will be skating with our skaters in the Holiday Show! He also is planning to offer a clinic to those interested skaters. More info to follow!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast