Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I do not know much about the case to have an opinion one way or another. But I would be good to remember the girl who lost her life Meredith Kercher who no longer has a voice and cannot tell her side of the story.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    So if Knox and/or her ex-boyfriend didn't do it, any theories on who did?
    There's already someone in prison for the murder. Knox and Solecito were convicted of co-conspiracy with him. Apparently, just as in the states, that carries the same penalties as for the actual killing.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I do not know much about the case to have an opinion one way or another. But I would be good to remember the girl who lost her life Meredith Kercher who no longer has a voice and cannot tell her side of the story.
    I don't think anyone has fogotten that.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Nobody is saying she has to be forgotten. What was done to her was beyond horrible, but punishing innocent people is /was not going to help anybody.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    One would hope (assume) that even if the demation was punishable by jail time that her time served would cover it.

Now let's just hope they don't decide she needs to be re-tried for the murder.
    Apparently you can get jail time on the defamation charge, but she was given tie served. (at least per CNN)
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    So if Knox and/or her ex-boyfriend didn't do it, any theories on who did?
    The person who is still in prison for the murder (Rudy Guede).

Just a theory, like those new-fangled theories of evolution, gravity, and thermodynamics I keep hearing about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
    so she could be retried?

If so, the earlier advice of getting the first flight out of the country may be wise
    From CNN:

"Can the defendants ever be tried again for the same crime?

After the case goes to Italy's highest court and assuming it does not overturn the appeals ruling, Knox cannot be tried again for the same crime under the "double jeopardy" rule."

If there is an appeal in the high court by the losing party, and the appeal is overturned, she cannot be retried for the same crime. However, she is not required to stay in Italy for the appeal. Italy could ask the USA to extradite her, but the US govt has not made any commitment either way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    There's already someone in prison for the murder. Knox and Solecito were convicted of co-conspiracy with him. Apparently, just as in the states, that carries the same penalties as for the actual killing.
    Except, in the prosecution's version (at least in one of them), Amanda was the person who actually used a knife to murder her roommate (with Rafael supposedly holding her down). And the guy whose DNA (and bloody handprints) were found at the murder scene (and on the victim) wasn't the one who did the killing.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    Except, in the prosecution's version (at least in one of them), Amanda was the person who actually used a knife to murder her roommate (with Rafael supposedly holding her down). And the guy whose DNA (and bloody handprints) were found at the murder scene wasn't the one who did the killing.
    Yes, that was one of their theories.
    3539 and counting.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    And if, as allezfred believes, Amanda really is a "nasty American bitch", I'm glad that she wasn't sentenced to life imprisonment for that.
    Oh, I'm glad too. But still, to falsely accuse someone else of murder = nasty evil cow in my book. She would have gladly seen an innocent man go to jail. Kind of ironic.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    From what I recall, Amanda was basically convicted for being a nasty American bitch. Not because there was any evidence she murdered anyone. This whole attack played out in the trial and heavily in the media. The jurors were never sequestered so they were able to watch the news and were fed all this vicious stuff about Knox. It seriously makes me never want to go to Italy, just in case...
    I haven't followed this case very closely, but if Amanda is completely innocent, than why did she accuse an innocent?
    The USA have death penalty, I'm not sure I would ever go there, you know, just in case...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Oh, I'm glad too. But still, to falsely accuse someone else of murder = nasty evil cow in my book. She would have gladly seen an innocent man go to jail. Kind of ironic.
    I wasn't closely following the case when it first happened, but didn't she name her boss as being involved only after prolonged police questioning? Still doesn't excuse her doing so, but others have said things when under duress (sometimes confessing, sometimes implicating innocent people) that they have later recanted (and which were proven to be untrue). Again, I don't have specific information about her early interrogation by the police, just a vague recollection about it.

vCash
    I wasn't closely following the case when it first happened, but didn't she name her boss as being involved only after prolonged police questioning? Still doesn't excuse her doing so, but others have said things when under duress (sometimes confessing, sometimes implicating innocent people) that they have later recanted (and which were proven to be untrue). Again, I don't have specific information about her early interrogation by the police, just a vague recollection about it.
    She didn't recant, AFAIK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Well, she could be but I don't think the authorities have any more evidence than they did during the first trial. I doubt they'd retry.
    Italy does not have a double jeopardy law. The prosecution has stated their intent to appeal the overturning of the conviction. They have commented that she could be a flight risk, and they want her to be forced to stay in Italy while they file for an appeal of the appeal. This may not be over.

vCash
    The record of Knox's interrogation/confession is so messed up that I wonder how much of her accusation was of the "if anyone killed my roommate, it was X" versus something where she indicated she had actual evidence. But even if she made a direct accusation, I don't think that bears on her innocence. According to Italian police, she "confessed" to the crime after intensive interrogation. Once she realized that the confession woudl be used to convict her, she may have been willing to say anythin to point the blame elsewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    She didn't recant, AFAIK
    I'm pretty sure she claimed that most of what she told the police was under extreme duress and that she became extremely confused. She also did not have the command of the language then, that she has now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    The record of Knox's interrogation/confession is so messed up that I wonder how much of her accusation was of the "if anyone killed my roommate, it was X" versus something where she indicated she had actual evidence. But even if she made a direct accusation, I don't think that bears on her innocence. According to Italian police, she "confessed" to the crime after intensive interrogation. Once she realized that the confession woudl be used to convict her, she may have been willing to say anythin to point the blame elsewhere.
    But, did she really confess? Or did she agree to things she didn't understand? I believe she was so manipulated, she had no idea what she was saying.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Italy does not have a double jeopardy law. The prosecution has stated their intent to appeal the overturning of the conviction. They have commented that she could be a flight risk, and they want her to be forced to stay in Italy while they file for an appeal of the appeal. This may not be over.
    3539 and counting.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    She was basically a child. She was being accused of a crime she did not commit. Can I blame her for suggesting someone to try and deflect all the attention from herself? No! Does that mean it was right, still, no. However, have we seen the video of that? For all we know she just SUGGESTED someone for them to interview. She has always claimed that she wasn't there so I have a hard time understanding how she could have ever said she KNEW who killed the victim. I always felt that was blown out of proportion and probably twisted by the media to fit their profile of a "nasty evil cow."

You mention it being ironic but I find it ironic that you can serve 3 years in jail for defamation in Italy when clearly the Italian system is very guilty of the same crime with these two people (Amanda and her ex).
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I hope she has enough sense (or her parents do) to be on the first flight out of Italy and mark that off her future vacation spots. Maybe she's a little less privileged and self-centered now than she was then and will party a little less hardy.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast