vCash

Ludmilla and Oleg Protopopov. How did they both start and learn to skate?

Say,does anyone know if there is anything about their Skating History that says how they both began Skating,and when? I'm asking because as far as I know. I don't know of any Record on that. Thanks.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSWer View Post
    Say,does anyone know if there is anything about their Skating History that says how they both began Skating,and when? I'm asking because as far as I know. I don't know of any Record on that. Thanks.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oleg_Protopopov
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    There is information available in print books. Go to your library and request a copy of "Figure Skating: A History:" by James R. Hines. It has several pages on the Protopopovs.
    "You just can't underestimate the power of positive underwear." 2013 Fruit of the Loom ad

vCash
    Say,btw. does anyone happen to know who their Sk8parents were,and if they were skaters too? Also,what is the correct pernouciation of both their first and last names? I've always wondered how their names were pernounced.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Lood-me-la Beh-loo-so-va
    Oh-leg Pro-toe-pop-ah-v

They did not come from skating families. They tried skating as teenagers and loved it. They were considered too old by sports authorities but continued to skate anyway. They were fortunate to find a coach willing to train then.
    Last edited by bardtoob; 10-15-2011 at 09:00 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    Lood-me-la Beh-loo-so-va
    Oh-leg Pro-toe-pop-ah-v

They did not come from skate families. They tried skating as teenagers and loved it. They were considered too old by sports authorities but continued to skate anyway. They were fortunate to find a coach willing to train then. Apparently, he was out of favor with the sports authorities.
    Thanks! I've always had difficulty saying their whole names right away. I'm really looking forward to their performance at EWC

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    I'm really looking forward to their performance at EWC
    Lucky! I'm so jealous, actually envious, and not afraid to admit it