Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Volosozhar/ Trankov sp @ Nebelhorn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_xpaEWdYCY

This style for me is very reminiscent of Savchenko/ Szolkowy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDEZVfbBkrg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YTYcg0vQAI

I think S/S have done this style better. Understandable that V/T would try to emulate a style that works and wins, however, I feel they need to make this type of program more their own to carve out their own path to the top. Loved V/T lp at Nebelhorn!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq9SA9A1PtQ

vCash
    I thought the music was pretty blah and didn't really do anything to show off their best qualities. The FS was pretty amazing, even given the problems.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    ^^ Yes, I agree re the sp music. With better music and incorporating more of their uniqueness as a pair, the sp might be more interesting to watch. I particularly don't like their sp costumes -- maybe they will change as the season progresses.

The lp shows off more of their unique talents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    I particularly don't like their sp costumes
    You didn't like Trankov in pleather pants? What's wrong with you?

The lp shows off more of their unique talents.
    Her swan outfit reminded me of AP's bedazzled swan dress; Blech. Less is more!

vCash
    I watched both the SP and the LP, and I enjoyed both of them. It seemed like they were more intricate than their programs of last season. I think they can be improved as the season goes on though, since they may have been a bit rough around the edges.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    You didn't like Trankov in pleather pants? What's wrong with you?
    The best question in FSU for a long time!

vCash
    LOL, pants, no pants ... Trankov I like!

This sp, though, while good doesn't sing, and doesn't enhance their finest qualities.

vCash
    I really like their SP. I think it has a great potential to become a powerful and jawdropping masterpiece when they practice it more. What the hell is wrong with you people? Evanescence! no, seriously, not every pairs program must be to classical music to be beautiful. And I actually think this dark, kinda gothic style suits thie pair's personality very well. And I love Tatiana's outfit (I don't believe it's the official one, though). Better plain and simple than overdone.

Call me crazy, but I think I actually like their SP much more than FS. At least for now.

As for the elements... was it the first time ever I saw Tatiana land a throw triple flip? good, progress. On the other hand, the amount of mistakes they did at Nebelhorn was surprising.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    I really like their SP. I think it has a great potential to become a powerful and jawdropping masterpiece when they practice it more. What the hell is wrong with you people? Evanescence! no, seriously, not every pairs program must be to classical music to be beautiful. And I actually think this dark, kinda gothic style suits thie pair's personality very well. And I love Tatiana's outfit (I don't believe it's the official one, though). Better plain and simple than overdone.
    Sorry but the Moog Synthesizer should never make a comeback, which is what this music sounded like (and there is a reason why it went out of fashion). So regardles of what it is, it was a pretty poor version of it.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Excited to see it progress this season!

The grotesque tulle skirt and the man-fringe have GOT to go, however.

Simple, sleek, & sexy are the way to go for a pair this good-looking! They don't need any extra "wikkety-whack" trimming, IMHO.
    Last edited by Fergus; 09-29-2011 at 04:17 PM.

vCash
    I hate this SP- music, choreography, costumes- they do nothing for their skating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Sorry but the Moog Synthesizer should never make a comeback, which is what this music sounded like (and there is a reason why it went out of fashion). So regardles of what it is, it was a pretty poor version of it.
    yeah, well, the version of the song could be better, I agree. But I still like the program. Seems to me that some people are just being bitter because this program kills their wrong assumption that V/T will skate in the classical style of B/S, which they won't. They're just not that kind of a team.

I've just watched it again and nope. You're not gonna make me dislike this program no matter how much you complain. Bad quality of the song aside, I still think it's a kick-ass SP. But to each their own, I guess.

vCash
    yeah, well, the version of the song could be better, I agree. But I still like the program. Seems to me that some people are just being bitter because this program kills their wrong assumption that V/T will skate in the classical style of B/S, which they won't. They're just not that kind of a team.

I've just watched it again and nope. You're not gonna make me dislike this program no matter how much you complain. Bad quality of the song aside, I still think it's a kick-ass SP. But to each their own, I guess.
    No it is has nothing to do with them not skating a classical style but rather the music is just . And I would say the same about anyone who used that music. It was like K&S using that really bad music that sounded like it was from a lower level compulsory dance for their SP last season.

I would personally love to see them go out on a limb and do something really wild and funky, mainly because they could probably pull that off as well.

But each to their own. What people like in skating is subjective. You can like it but was can also hang on you for liking it - but in the nicest possible way of course.

vCash
    I really liked their back-to-back spiral, he has unusually long and elegant leg line.

vCash

I was not comparing them with B&S, nor was I expecting that style, but this is just a poor choice of music and poorly designed SP. They are capable of better. Oh, I hated those pants on Trankov too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_xpaEWdYCY

This style for me is very reminiscent of Savchenko/ Szolkowy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDEZVfbBkrg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YTYcg0vQAI

I think S/S have done this style better. Understandable that V/T would try to emulate a style that works and wins, however, I feel they need to make this type of program more their own to carve out their own path to the top. Loved V/T lp at Nebelhorn!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq9SA9A1PtQ

Actualy, the SP does remind me Savchenko and Szolkowy, but not the programs you posted. More like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dTRXjUo72c

and it also remind me Volosozhar-Morozov
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFXII...0BCEF4783CFB76

vCash
    They do look like Savchenko & SZolkowy and I don't care for that style. I prefer that they discover their own.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    They do look like Savchenko & SZolkowy and I don't care for that style. I prefer that they discover their own.
    That's going to take time to "find" themselves. It doesn't happen overnight no matter in you are a junior or and experienced pair.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Not quite. Trankov is better looking than Szolkowy (though Volosozhar could be Savchenko's sister).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Not quite. Trankov is better looking than Szolkowy (though Volosozhar could be Savchenko's sister).
    They are both from Ukraine, that's why.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast