Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    thanks so much for starting this thread, Vash01! I love this team, and it is nice to share with other fans.

lucky you, Frau Miller!

I posted this in another thread, but I thought I would post it here as well. This is a Rolling Stones group number from the Canadian SOI in 1995. Skip to 6:06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ4AF2pfXHA
    Thanks so much for the YT! I used to enjoy going to SOI those days- Katia-Sergei, Bechke-Petrov, Kristi, Annenko-Sretenski, etc. It was wonderful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Thanks so much for the YT! I used to enjoy going to SOI those days- Katia-Sergei, Bechke-Petrov, Kristi, Annenko-Sretenski, etc. It was wonderful.
    I am so envious! I would love to have attended in those days. Money was tight back then, so I was unable to see a live skating show until a few years later. I had always dreamed of seeing G&G skate live. and 1995 was my favourite SOI show--the cast was awesome, they had great chemistry, and the choreography was ridiculously good that year.

I would love to see an A&S reunion! I miss those two so much!

Banned Member
    vCash

Smile

Genrikh Sretenski is coaching several teams from Pre-juv up to Senior. He also coached a solo skater to win the National Solo Dance Championship at the silver level. That student will skate senior this season with a partner. He is a rare gem and a great coach.

vCash
    What rink is Sretenski coaching at?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    What rink is Sretenski coaching at?
    Gardens Ice House in Laurel, Maryland - he's the Ice Dance Director there.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Banned Member
    vCash
    Sretenski is not the type to promote himself, which why many people do not know where he is or what he is doing. It is a shame as he is very talented not only as a skater, but as a coach. He does not seek out students, he waits for them to seek him out. So hopefully people will read your thread.
    He is a hidden gem for those who wish to seek him out.

vCash
    Sretenski is also an excellent choreographer. I don't know if he is COP savvy but his pro routines were beautiful (both as a skater and choreographer).

Banned Member
    vCash
    Yes, I don't think most people know this, but Genrikh Sretenski actually choreographed many of his own programs while competing. Several other countries other than China have attempted to get him to do choreography for their teams.
    It would be great to see Shpilband use his choreography (now that Zoueva is split with him) and to have Shpilband's technical work side by side. Just a thought!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceymom View Post
    Yes, I don't think most people know this, but Genrikh Sretenski actually choreographed many of his own programs while competing. Several other countries other than China have attempted to get him to do choreography for their teams.
    It would be great to see Shpilband use his choreography (now that Zoueva is split with him) and to have Shpilband's technical work side by side. Just a thought!
    That will be great. It may take a while (one whole season) for Shpilband to really settle down with a rink and other people he needs. However, he can always hire a choreographer like Genrikh who could spend some time with his skaters.

vCash
    I'm glad Sretenski is doing well, he's always been one of my favourite ice dancers and vastly underrated IMO. I was wondering why we hadn't seen more from him.

vCash
    I don't think most people know this, but Genrikh Sretenski actually choreographed many of his own programs while competing.
    Did he choreograph this one?
    It's wonderful - deserved better than 4th!

1987 Worlds FD - "Romeo and Juliet"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNo0HGiPLG8

vCash
    I miss watching ice dancing like this. It is true ice dancing- so pure and joyful too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKhPKxa0Rz4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12