Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash

104 Pictures of Rock and Roll - Then and Now

From the British Invasion to Woodstock….or NYC's CBGB, Indie Rock, and New Wave…..from 80's Hair Bands to Grunge, the singers' and musicians' pictures profiled in the link below span more than four decades of Rock and Roll

Just like so much of their music, some of these icons have aged like a fine wine , while others have, er…..not .

Slideshow

ETA: Even though first photos are of the same singer discussed in a recent thread, this is a different gallery [size=1](or at least I don't think it is - I don't remember that having anywhere near the same number of pics - if it is, I apologize )
    Last edited by Cyn; 10-01-2011 at 07:37 AM.
    "Meryl is from a magic planet where Disney princesses come from, and [Charlie's] hair is a magic carpet." ~~ Stephen Colbert, on The Colbert Report

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Does Courtney Love look better now than her "before" picture? She's looking incredible for 46!

Stevie Nicks looks amazing. And Joan Jett looks pretty much the same!

Honourable mentions: Bruce Springsteen, Tommy Lee, Cherie Currie, Michael Stipe, Jon Bon Jovi, Bruce Dickinson and Meat Loaf.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Hmm, I think a better title for this slideshow would be "Guess Who's Had the Plastic Surgery"

And I was at the caption saying that Bob Dylan has toured so hard over the past couple of years because he says his best moments are on stage. is that he's such an hopeless alcoholic that touring is a dependable way to keep the $$$ coming in to support his addiction, plus it's such a scheduled regimen that it lets his managers and handlers keep him under control.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Does Courtney Love look better now than her "before" picture? She's looking incredible for 46!

Stevie Nicks looks amazing. And Joan Jett looks pretty much the same!

Honourable mentions: Bruce Springsteen, Tommy Lee, Cherie Currie, Michael Stipe, Jon Bon Jovi, Bruce Dickinson and Meat Loaf.
    ITA!

Joan Jett, I swear, hasn't aged one bit since she was in The Runaways back in the late 70s - she must bathe in the blood of virgins or something . Same thing for Cherie Curry.

Stevie Nicks looks incredible, especially when you take into consideration the amount of drinking and coke that she did. Getting rid of that god-awful permed hair did wonders for her.

Courtney Love definitely looks better than she did back in the days of Hole (and/or during her periods of being strung out on smack). She also looks like some of her original plastic surgery has been repaired/redone.

Even though Tommy Lee looks a lot better than he did in the Motley Crüe years, he still looks a bit rough. Bruce looks good - seems like his changes are limited to regular aging and aren't affected by years of drinking and/or drug use. Michael Stipe finally looks his age - for so many years he looked like he was suffering from malnutrition or cancer (IOW, unhealthy and at times, close to death). Now he looks like he should - a 50 year-old guy. And Meatloaf…..back in the 70s, he always looked like a rumpled, sweaty mess, and that long hair did him no favors . Nowadays, he looks much more put-together (of course, to me he'll always be "Eddie" from RHPS )
    "Meryl is from a magic planet where Disney princesses come from, and [Charlie's] hair is a magic carpet." ~~ Stephen Colbert, on The Colbert Report