Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Russian Dolls--Bling! Vodka! Fur Coats!

Come on, who else was going to start a thread on a show called "Russian Dolls"?

I hope this is as huge of a train wreck as promised. I love skanky babyshkas. It's living up to it so far, and it's only been on 45 seconds.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    they are all begging to be punched
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I'm hooked. I keep picturing all the Russian ice skaters in these roles. And Weir.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    so far i think they are all older than their stated age
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    c'mon, mlp. You know you want to go shopping with her. Imagine the whickity-whack you and a Russian grandmother could come up with.

I adore how orange the young Russian is. I mean, if you're going to go orange, go day-glo I always say. There are entire clown colleges in awe of that right now. Mary Murphy's probably really jealous.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    I'm so glad the US finally has an answer to the UK's My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.

I was really worried that we'd never be able to top that awesomeness, but now we have picked up the samovar!!! Take that, Irish Travellers!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    unless they pee outside, i still think the irish travelers have this contest tied up

vCash
    I felt bad for that grandmom. She won and there's no family there for her. Suck it up and stay for your husband's mom. Oh, and hubby's missing a pair.

Had the feeling Diana and 'Spanish guy with the nice car' were breaking up. He looked blindsided. Dodged a major bullet there.

Not sure I'll watch it again though. They seemed more self centered than the Real Housewives and had more plastic than a Kardashian.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i think matry should apply for jobs in brighton beach so she can go to the banya and eavesdrop

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    At some point we have to see Oksana Baiul in the background. I know she is Ukranian but I think she would fit right in and I think she frequents some of the places I have seen on the show.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    What is this show about? I keep seeing trailers during Dance Moms, but I'm like WTF. And one of the ladies looks and sounds just like Ok. B. Is it a mail bride thing?

vCash
    Please tell me this show is going to be available to be viewed online somewhere.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    At some point we have to see Oksana Baiul in the background. I know she is Ukranian but I think she would fit right in and I think she frequents some of the places I have seen on the show.
    i thought diana was a fresh looking straight from rehab oksana until i went and stood right on top of the tv

vCash
    Damn, I forgot this was on tonight I wanted to go to bed early and it doesn't start until 10:30! Oh well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonita View Post
    What is this show about? I keep seeing trailers during Dance Moms, but I'm like WTF. And one of the ladies looks and sounds just like Ok. B. Is it a mail bride thing?
    Not a mail bride thing; more like The Real Housewives of Brighton Beach. The Brighton Beach neighborhood of NY has a huge Russian immigrant community and presto, your next reality TV show.

Click me with your mouse
    vCash
    I loved it. Although at some points it reminded me a little too much of my own family...

vCash
    My friend said: "Whenever a relative asks me why I don't hang out with more nice Ukrainian girls from the neighborhood, I send them links to this show".

I've only watched bits and pieces but I swear I have a coworker who'd fit right in...
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    O.M.G. My husband sent me a link to this on youtube. It's the train wreck you'd hoped for, Matry. And more.

Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    My friend said: "Whenever a relative asks me why I don't hang out with more nice Ukrainian girls from the neighborhood, I send them links to this show".

I've only watched bits and pieces but I swear I have a coworker who'd fit right in...
    I know people who'd fit right in. We are talking pounds and pounds of very ample flesh spilling out of tight couture gowns in great, jiggling waves. And animal print, lots and lots of animal print. Exhibit A

Gawd, how I would love to give her a make-over and to put her into something classy and age appropriate without being dowdy and to remove those hideous extensions.

To give this woman her due--she runs a successful business, that restaurant that I would never set foot into but nonetheless, good for her.

Also: not all Russians are like that. Some of us don't drink peroxide or the spray tanning solution.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 09-11-2011 at 08:26 PM.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I've been DVRing this show and finally got around to watching it. It's a HOOT! omg. This past weekend I just watched the episode when Marina's MIL went on a date. I LOVE how Marina said she was going to puke, the way she said it was hilarious. Considering how my hubby was talking about underwear with his dad on the phone and I overheard it, made ME want to puke, I can't imagine if FIL started taking about sex, I'd puke for sure! lol.
    Oh geez, what a run on sentence that was....

vCash
    Is this a reality television show or a scripted drama?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast