Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash

Need Help Remembering Name Of A British Actor (And Singer)

Hmm...let's see if we can get this one. Just can't remember this guy's name! Rowan could be his first name, but that could be a red herring.

He's probably about 50 years of age, has sandy blonde hair with a receding hairline. I think he's attractive, in a rougher masculine way, others might think he was plain.

He was on a TV show, which might have been a series about a guy, his brother and a small crew who had their own construction company and they rebuilt homes. He might have had an ex-wife who was seeing a man who was a competitor in the construction field, or monitored construction jobs and was on this guy's case...they were both trying to win the ex-wife's attentions.

He was also on a great British mini-series about a British family of four (two teens, one male, one female) who take an RV to France on vacation. Another RV'ing couple whose child passed away abducts the children and the parents have to try to find their children. It's possible the parents have done something which keeps them from getting help from the police...or the police don't believe them??

He also did some music with another fellow, releasing a few albums (could be just a few singles)...I'm guessing in the (late??) 90's? I believe they may have released some songs as charity singles (for something like the Prince's Trust??). I believe they had hit songs, but maybe the album sales were not great enough to continue recording, or he chose to focus on acting instead.

My guess is only a Brit could answer this one. But you could take that as a challenge if you're not British!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    .... He was on a TV show, which might have been a series about a guy, his brother and a small crew who had their own construction company and they rebuilt homes. He might have had an ex-wife who was seeing a man who was a competitor in the construction field, or monitored construction jobs and was on this guy's case...they were both trying to win the ex-wife's attentions. ...
    This made me think if Grafters ... so is it Stephen Tompkinson you're looking for?

I myself wouldn't necessarily describe him as "attractive in a rougher masculine" way, more "attractive in a puppydog-geeky" kinda way.

vCash
    I was about to suggest Robson Green, who was also in Grafters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    He was in Reckless. And I really liked (the UK version of) Touching Evil.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Yeah, but he doesn't have sandy hair, and he definitely is not a musician! (But I won't hold that against him, because I've loved pretty much everything he's done.)

vCash
    ... He was also on a great British mini-series about a British family of four (two teens, one male, one female) who take an RV to France on vacation. Another RV'ing couple whose child passed away abducts the children and the parents have to try to find their children.
    This is annoying, because I remember that series ... I just can't remember what it was called or who was in it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Yeah, but he doesn't have sandy hair, and he definitely is not a musician!
    According to imdb, he did have a UK hit in the mid-to-late 90s.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    We have a winner! The Grafters was great, loved it! I forgot to add that the musical duo did a cover of a Righteous Brothers song, you didn't even need that info.

But I didn't see anything on Green's resume about the other mini-series, which was really good. Oh well, that's for another thread. Thanks for your help.

vCash
    He's also not sandy-haired! He has dark brown hair. No fair!!

But if you're a fan ... have you ever seen any of the Wire in the Blood series? That's some of his best work IMO. He plays a criminal psychiatrist who helps out the police in their more grisley murders. Based on Val McDermid's excellents books.

I also absolutely adored him in the TV-movie The Prince of Hearts (aka The Student Prince), where he plays a bodyguard to a young prince at university. A bit of prince & the pauper meets Cyrano ... very entertaining.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Yeah, but he doesn't have sandy hair...
    I remember him having blonde hair in The Grafters, maybe highlights were added up top, with his natural hair color on the sides and back?

...and he definitely is not a musician! (But I won't hold that against him, because I've loved pretty much everything he's done.)
    Robson Green was one half of "Robson and Jerome" who released four albums. This is from wikipedia about their singles success:

One episode [of Soldier Soldier] called for the duo to sing "Unchained Melody". Subsequently ITV was inundated by people looking to buy the song, and the pair were persuaded by Simon Cowell to release it as a single. Simon Cowell enlisted top music producers Mike Stock and Matt Aitken, with whom he had worked many times, to produce the single. It stayed at No.1 for 7 weeks in UK Chart, selling more than a million copies and making it the best-selling single of the year.

They had two further #1 singles produced by Mike Stock and Matt Aitken - "I Believe" (1996) and "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted" (1996) - and two #1 albums.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post
    He was in Reckless. And I really liked (the UK version of) Touching Evil.
    Thanks! I'm going to look into these!

... Wire in the Blood series...The Prince of Hearts (aka The Student Prince)...
    More to check out!!

vCash
    I remember him having blonde hair in The Grafters, maybe highlights were added up top, with his natural hair color on the sides and back?
    You are correct the pic proves it Grafters

I also recommend Reckless.

vCash
    Ok, very odd about Robson Green being a musician. I distinctly remember him singing in ... something ... and being quite awful. But perhaps that was deliberate.

And I certainly don't ever remember him as a blond!

But meanwhile there's that kidnapping-in-France mini-series ... neither Green nor Tompkinson were in that (or at least I don't recognize the title of the series from their lists of credits) ... so that's going to drive me nuts now!

vCash
    He's also not sandy-haired! He has dark brown hair. No fair!!

But if you're a fan ... have you ever seen any of the Wire in the Blood series? That's some of his best work IMO. He plays a criminal psychiatrist who helps out the police in their more grisley murders. Based on Val McDermid's excellents books.

I also absolutely adored him in the TV-movie The Prince of Hearts (aka The Student Prince), where he plays a bodyguard to a young prince at university. A bit of prince & the pauper meets Cyrano ... very entertaining.
    I enjoyed both the series and movie you mentioned here but I had no idea he could sing. Is he an actor who can sing or a singer who can act? (does that question make sense?)

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    I enjoyed both the series and movie you mentioned here but I had no idea he could sing. Is he an actor who can sing or a singer who can act? (does that question make sense?)
    An actor who can sing. Their first hit was a fluke, as was their entire (short-lived) music career.

But meanwhile there's that kidnapping-in-France mini-series ... neither Green nor Tompkinson were in that (or at least I don't recognize the title of the series from their lists of credits) ... so that's going to drive me nuts now!
    I don't think either of those actos were in that mini-series, I think it was my wishful thinking that Robson Green was in it! I just googled:

british family RV france kidnap

...and could not find that mini-series....