vCash

Don't forget the cup of coffee for your car

Who knew caffeine had so many postive applications?

Coffee Stimulated Car Smashes Speed Record

The article mentions having to gut parts of the car to lighten it up so I wonder how road safe it actually is. It is an interesting development in alternative fuels though.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Their definition of speed record and the rest of the auto classes is...entertaining.

If it's a prototype, I doubt it's even halfway street-legal. But if you don't care about maintaining real freeway speeds (if you can't do 75 you're a road hazard on the highways in my state) and are just looking to get around within a city this would be MUCH better than electrics, which just move around where the fuel is being burned. (Still cracks me up where the Mayor of London was on Top Gear and going on about clean electric cars and Jeremy asked "Where do you think the power comes from?" , ie, you do know they have to generate it somewhere, and he replied "The plug." I think he was kidding. I hope he was kidding. Some people don't get it, though. If you're not charging your electric from a nuclear plant you're still making a smog mess, just somewhere else.) Ideally you could burn anything and make it into fuel...

I'm not sharing my coffee with the car, though. I need it all for me.