• 2-fer: Kalifornia

2 3.17%
  • Twelve Monkeys

3 4.76%
  • 2-fer: Sleepers / Troy

2 3.17%
  • Fight Club

10 15.87%
  • 3-fer: Ocean’s Eleven (/ Twelve / Thirteen)

8 12.70%
  • Inglourious Basterds

18 28.57%
  • The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

7 11.11%
  • Other (Burn After Reading, Meet Joe Black, True Romance, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Moneyball, et al.)

12 19.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Best or Favorite Brad Pitt Role/Movie

Pitt has been in the headlines a helluva lot lately as he promotes his new movie, Moneyball, with interviews and such ( ((((Jen Aniston))) ). He is getting outstanding reviews for Moneyball (as he did earlier this summer The Tree of Life).

An article, today, on CNN reports that Pitt fought for the ending** of Se7en. (

Spoiler

) Humongous to him for demanding that final scene with Kevin Spacey and Morgan Freeman remain intact, as it's one of the best endings in film history.

Anyway, that got me thinking about how many awesome films Pitt has starred in. No Oscars to show for it, unlike a certain Mr. Hanks who has a similar thread here, but Pitt's "rewatchables" resume blows Hanks' away for my money.

BP's prowess really snuck up on me!

** That CNN's headline gives away the ending to Se7en, and then inside the article states "warning!: spoiler ahead".

But I digress ...

What are your favorite (and/or best) roles (or movie & role combination) from Brad Pitt?
    Last edited by Beefcake; 09-29-2011 at 09:40 PM.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    I've always been a fan of "Interview With The Vampire". Though many fans don't feel the same way, I felt Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise's casting were perfect. Even if I'm not a big fan of either. But maybe I'm biased since I've always been an Anne Rice fan.

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Actually, BP said in the Entertainment Weekly article that he did not want the contents of the box at the end of Se7en to be seen. I'm really happy that he fought for that.

vCash
    I picked other- The Tree of Life.

I hated the movie. Loved his acting.

vCash
    I loved both the movie and his acting in The Tree of Life.

He really has been in a lot of really good films.

vCash
    He was genius in 12 Monkeys and deservedly received an Oscar nomination for it.

vCash
    O.k., this is embarrasing. I've haven't seen any of those movies.

I have see one movie that he was in (I think with Anthony Hopkins.) Pitt played death, or something close to it. I thought he was good in it.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    I've come to enjoy Brad Pitt as an actor more and more since he's gotten older. He seems to always make interesting film choices. I especially loved his performances in Inglorious Basterds and Kalifornia and I'm looking forward to seeing Moneyball.

vCash
    Honestly, my favourite movie of his is Legends of the Fall but Kalifornia is a close 2nd because he plays such a nasty character and pulls it off well. lol!!
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    I thought he did what he could in Interview with the Vampire, but the rest of the movie was so terrible - acting, script, "plot", etc. etc. - that his performance kind of got buried.

He was truly great in Thelma and Louise even though it was a small(ish) role.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I voted for Benjamin Buttons as my favorite but my 2nd favorite performance is the Assassination of Jesse James. Lots of people have not seen this movie, Brad is so good. I love fight club.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    I adore Legends of the Fall. It's my go to DVD on a quiet weekend.
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    I adore Legends of the Fall too but I actually though the Pitt was kinda gross it was the actor that was on ET who I thought was way cuter. I would say he was best in Fight Club. Not very fond of him and for someone to be so good looking and yet to appear so ugly so many times is rather disappointing.

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    I think he likes to look "ugly". He reminds me so much of Robert Redford in that way. Redford hated the sex symbol status so much, and preferred to take roles where he wasn't so pretty. I saw Moneyball on Monday, and more than once commented on his resemblance to Redford with that weathered non-movie star look.
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    I absolutely loved him in Burn After Reading. He was hilarious and I really appreciated that he didn't take himself too seriously.

Benjamin Button just didn't do it for me.

Mr & Mrs Smith just p*ssed me off it was so bad. Two really good actors in a really dumb movie.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    He was hysterical in Burn After Reading - I forgot about that one!

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    I loved Interview with a Vampire regardless of the bad script and etc....I just love that period costume and the long hair on the men. Eye candy for me!

I will tell you the Pitt film I hated most-Mr. and Mrs. Smith. It had nothing to do with the "relationship" issues, it just grossed me out with the violence towards one another. It was brutal in such a gratuitous way, and violence usually doesn't bother me much. I couldn't wait for the damned thing to be over and I was in a situation where I couldn't gracefully escape.

Benjamin Button messed my mind up. I thought the storyline was silly, but the damned thing haunted me forever.

Glorious Brad in Thelma, in Legends, in Seven....many decent movies. Heck, I even loved Troy, but that was also gratuitous in a different way.... Also my first glimpse of Garet Heglund (spelling??) as Patroclus. I love the Troy story, so even though it was really cheesy, I enjoyed it.

vCash
    Loved Burn after Reading. Pitt and McDormand were so good in that movie.

I've actually liked a lot of his movies, and when he started out I thought most of his stuff would be pretty fluffy.

vCash
    Ah, shoot, I initially had Burn After Reading as part a 2-fer w/Kalifornia, but then decided that those two flicks have no common perspective whatsoever besides Pitt's inclusion.

Double oops, as I failed to remove "2-fer" when I removed BAR.

vCash
    I don't really like Brad Pitt as an actor very much, but I did like the "Ocean's xx" movies, so that's what I chose.
    Last edited by FigureSpins; 09-30-2011 at 02:53 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast