Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    In the new EX program Adeline demonstrated superb musicality, attention to all nuances and overall was very enjoyable (especially when she put wings down). She could not be compared to Mao or Carolina yet, but surpassed Gold by far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    Among the youngsters Osmond, IMO, has the weakest basics, Adelina's basics, on the other hand, are the strongest. Better skating skills, ice coverage, much better lines and she is growing into a real performer. She just needs better programs
    Do not agree. I would say Tukt and Li have the weakest basics. Osmond has one of the best power and speed but needs to use her knees and blades better to manage getting through all the turns across the ice in the step sequences without losing steam. That's where Sotinikova does better than her. I don't agree Sotnikova's lines are "much better" though. People always comment on her lines but I find her upper body hunched, arms awkward and a bit too forceful. She has straighter legs, but Osmond IMO has much more beautiful and "classier" upper body carriage. More like a dancer.
    Actually I think Gold probably has the best basics among these girls. Her speed is not only amazing but also seems so effortless.
    This is such an exciting crop
    Last edited by shine; 08-03-2013 at 07:44 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Do not agree. I would say Tukt and Li have the weakest basics. Osmond has one of the best power and speed but needs to use her knees and blades better to manage getting through all the turns across the ice in the step sequences without losing steam. That's where Sotinikova does better than her. I don't agree Sotnikova's lines are "much better" though. People always comment on her lines but I find her upper body hunched, arms awkward and a bit too forceful. She has straighter legs, but Osmond IMO has much more beautiful and "classier" upper body carriage. More like a dancer.
    Actually I think Gold probably has the best basics among these girls. Her speed is not only amazing but also seems so effortless.
    This is such an exciting crop
    For Osmond I have only two words: ballet lessons. She desperetly needs them. No lines at all, rushed movements and very sloppy overall, unpolished, messy even. She makes it up somehow with difficult transitions and spark, but IMO, she needs to work on her weaknesses to reach the top.
    About Gold I don't like her "windmill" arms and the fact she is skating on straight legs, if she could bend her knees a bit her edges would've been deeper and cleaner. She also rushes with her movements and ignores the music, but maybe that can be improved with better programs.
    Li is lovely and light, her basics aren't weak, she just needs more power. Same with Tuktamysheva who needs to improve her ice coverage (can get better with well choreographed programs though). And both need to try different styles, Zijun's skating is very soft and lyrical even in programs like tango or Dark eyes where she needs more character, while Liza stucked with latinas and flamencos, I would rather see her in something lyrical, she is capable of so much more than she shows.
    With good programs Adelina deserves higher PCS than them because she already has it all, just needs a bit more work here and there and more confidence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    For Osmond I have only two words: ballet lessons. She desperetly needs them. No lines at all, rushed movements and very sloppy overall, unpolished, messy even. She makes it up somehow with difficult transitions and spark, but IMO, she needs to work on her weaknesses to reach the top.
    About Gold I don't like her "windmill" arms and the fact she is skating on straight legs, if she could bend her knees a bit her edges would've been deeper and cleaner. She also rushes with her movements and ignores the music, but maybe that can be improved with better programs.
    Li is lovely and light, her basics aren't weak, she just needs more power. Same with Tuktamysheva who needs to improve her ice coverage (can get better with well choreographed programs though). And both need to try different styles, Zijun's skating is very soft and lyrical even in programs like tango or Dark eyes where she needs more character, while Liza stucked with latinas and flamencos, I would rather see her in something lyrical, she is capable of so much more than she shows.
    With good programs Adelina deserves higher PCS than them because she already has it all, just needs a bit more work here and there and more confidence
    Pretty funny you should say that. Of course every figure skater can use some ballet training if they are not already doing so, but Osmond has a much better port de bra and pacing of movement than Sotnikova, who to me is the more desperate one in need of ballet classes. (Her Tango??) We obviously see lines and carriage differently, so to each his own.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Pretty funny you should say that. Of course every figure skater can use some ballet training if they are not already doing so, but Osmond has a much better port de bra and pacing of movement than Sotnikova, who to me is the more desperate one in need of ballet classes. (Her Tango??) We obviously see lines and carriage differently, so to each his own.
    There are some exceptions to this. Radka Kovarikova had a lovely posture and lines but she never had ballet training. I don't think Kristi Yamaguchi had any. Midori Ito did take some ballet lessons. I doubt that Irina Slutskaya had any, but I could be wrong.

In general though I agree that all figure skaters should take at least some ballet lessons.

vCash
    Too bad the flip remains bad and first one couldn't be successful. Single. It's her biggest problem and even if she has a good program with Carmen for competitions a single flip has to be seen as almost a part of it. Or flip fall. Maybe she'll do a flip successfully in the long program.

vCash
    Is a 3lutz3loop with e and < still worth more than a clean 3toe3toe?

Great that she is selling the program but I don't think Carmen and frentic are a good match. The steps are a little embarrassing.

2axel is wonderful.

I felt she had a great flying camel combination last season but this season she ends it in such a weird (albeit unique) position that it is almost distracting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Too bad the flip remains bad and first one couldn't be successful. Single. It's her biggest problem and even if she has a good program with Carmen for competitions a single flip has to be seen as almost a part of it. Or flip fall. Maybe she'll do a flip successfully in the long program.
    She should just skip the flip and focus on what she does consistently well. Under COP she will not lose much by skipping the flip even in the LP.

vCash
    Well at WTT she had a e and < on her lutz/toe and still scored 67+, compared to 67+ with a clean toe/toe at Europeans. So maybe she can still score around that with her e and < on lutz/loop. Which would still be a pretty good score! Maybe even 70+ if she didn't have those darn e and <.

Also there is an interview with her coach today that says she skating to Rondo Capriccio by Camille Saint Saens an upgrade from her junior days. http://fsrussia.ru/news/664_elena-bu...n-interesnymi/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    She should just skip the flip and focus on what she does consistently well. Under COP she will not lose much by skipping the flip even in the LP.
    You are absolutely right! A message should be sent to tarasova about jump values!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    Your thoughts on her...There is no a sign of her new programmes in internet. She hasn't competed anywhere this season=((
    How high is her chance to beat Mirai or Mao?
    Low.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    Low.
    Very high on beating Mirai, and Low on beating Mao

vCash
    Frankly after last season, even Mirai might beat her.

vCash
    I like this new short. Tarasova has been eating her Wheaties and taking her vitamins lately. This almost didnt look like her work. This and her free for Mao last year are examples of some of her best work if you ask me. Anyway, the first spin with that sit spin that does not have a tight clean position should be modified or improved. I'm not 100% confident that the step sequence will ever quite move across the ice like TAT probably envisioned it. Overall though for this time in the year, this is quite beautiful. Tarasova has given her a really fresh look IMO. Womanly but not at all tacky. Bravo!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    I like this new short. Tarasova has been eating her Wheaties and taking her vitamins lately. This almost didnt look like her work. This and her free for Mao last year are examples of some of her best work if you ask me. Anyway, the first spin with that sit spin that does not have a tight clean position should be modified or improved. I'm not 100% confident that the step sequence will ever quite move across the ice like TAT probably envisioned it. Overall though for this time in the year, this is quite beautiful. Tarasova has given her a really fresh look IMO. Womanly but not at all tacky. Bravo!
    It's not TAT's work. Chernyshev coreographed both programs for Adelina this season

vCash
    Peter Tchernyshev is choreographer of Adelina's SP, LP, EX. That's why her programs are looking better!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    Peter Tchernyshev is choreographer of Adelina's SP, LP, EX. That's why her programs are looking better!
    Damn Wikipedia has me eating crow! I shouldnt have went against my gut. I thought i read somewhere that Peter did it so why i believed Wiki? My bad. SO great job peter! Tat, retire. lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    Damn Wikipedia has me eating crow! I shouldnt have went against my gut. I thought i read somewhere that Peter did it so why i believed Wiki? My bad. SO great job peter! Tat, retire. lol
    It's cool!!! You can believe she was there watching with a watchful eye though. lol

vCash
    Last edited by DobrinFan; 08-17-2013 at 10:56 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast