Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemestone View Post
    She didn't compete at JO, Liza did and she won

She did do a test skate of her short program today and nailed all the jumps including a triple triple.
    You're right! Silly mistake.

vCash
    Are there any videos of Adelina's test skate?

Ubering Max Aaron, Bobrova/Soloviev,Sotnikova, Gordi Pots!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Are there any videos of Adelina's test skate?
    Not that I know of

vCash
    Adelina's 2013 EX to Oblivion!!! Those wings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=4HpUKcK_SAU

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Thanks for posting. I don't particularly care about exhibition programs, but I was looking to see how she'd grown into a woman's body. Her jumps were huge. She looks very calm and secure on the ice. I have great expectations for her over the next quad.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    I think the only thing holding Adelina back is confidence. With her skating skills, her speed, her huge jumps, gorgeous lines and that sparkle she brings to the ice, she could give the Big Three a run for their money. I really hope she gets her nerves under control and gains that confidence b/c she is the most complete skater in this new crop of ladies when it comes to overall package. She's just missing the confidence to land the jumps. I do think she would benefit from some technique tweaking but other than that she's amazing.

I enjoyed her Oblivion Ex. Still not better than her Black Swan or Hernando's Hideaway but the wings were very interesting visually.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I think the only thing holding Adelina back is confidence. With her skating skills, her speed, her huge jumps, gorgeous lines and that sparkle she brings to the ice, she could give the Big Three a run for their money. I really hope she gets her nerves under control and gains that confidence b/c she is the most complete skater in this new crop of ladies when it comes to overall package. She's just missing the confidence to land the jumps. I do think she would benefit from some technique tweaking but other than that she's amazing.

I enjoyed her Oblivion Ex. Still not better than her Black Swan or Hernando's Hideaway but the wings were very interesting visually.
    Personally I think you overrate her. She isnt nearly good enough to compete with Kim, especialy since Kim doesnt self destruct to let much lesser skaters come close to her, and she could only beat Asada or Kostner if she skated great and they didnt. Which with how many mistakes Kostner and Asada can make is possible, except that Sotnikova is as inconsistent or more than them.

Her jumps are decent size but I wouldnt say huge, and her technique on many of them is quite bad and ugly and not worthy of anywhere near the GOE that people like Kim or even Gold get. She also is a chronic URer and flutzer to the point it is borderline whether to even consider those are real mistakes for her. Her spins are nice, and she has some nice presentation qualities, but her programs are usually no great shakes to show it off, and her long program last year was awful.

Of the skaters of her age generation I think Gold is already passing her by, and Gold has more room for improvement than Sotnikova left which is bad news for her. Osmond I think has more long range potential too, and maybe Li.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post

Thank you for posting this here. The narration says the flags are wings and the wings mean "love". I looooooooove this ex =3
    "You'll find that life is still worthwhile. If you'll just Smile."  --by john turner and geoffrey parsons

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabybackhand View Post
    Personally I think you overrate her. She isnt nearly good enough to compete with Kim, especialy since Kim doesnt self destruct to let much lesser skaters come close to her, and she could only beat Asada or Kostner if she skated great and they didnt. Which with how many mistakes Kostner and Asada can make is possible, except that Sotnikova is as inconsistent or more than them.

Her jumps are decent size but I wouldnt say huge, and her technique on many of them is quite bad and ugly and not worthy of anywhere near the GOE that people like Kim or even Gold get. She also is a chronic URer and flutzer to the point it is borderline whether to even consider those are real mistakes for her. Her spins are nice, and she has some nice presentation qualities, but her programs are usually no great shakes to show it off, and her long program last year was awful.

Of the skaters of her age generation I think Gold is already passing her by, and Gold has more room for improvement than Sotnikova left which is bad news for her. Osmond I think has more long range potential too, and maybe Li.
    Sad but all true and you didn't even mention her terrible flip problems! Singles, falls, and landed but leaving out jumps that were supposed to come after it in combos because of poor landing.

This is a common rundown of sotnikova's jumps: 3lz(e)+3t(ur), 3f fall, 2a+3t(ur), 3loop, 2a, *3F, * 3s
    Last edited by caseyedwards; 08-02-2013 at 10:06 AM.

vCash
    Yes and when you have that chronic of UR and flutz problems it is not just nerves. Your technique is just not up to snuff. I dont know why anyone talks about her having great jump technique or stunning jumps when she lands them. As for her artistry it could be great but not with the programs she is given typically.

vCash

Yes and when you have that chronic of UR and flutz problems it is not just nerves. Your technique is just not up to snuff. I dont know why anyone talks about her having great jump technique or stunning jumps when she lands them. As for her artistry it could be great but not with the programs she is given typically.
    I never said Adelina was without her problems nor did I say she could beat Kim, Kostner or Asada...but she could put pressure on them to perform as she proved at Europeans when she beat Kostner in the SP. I did say her jump technique needs to be tweaked as does most of these younger girls and that includes Gracie Gold who often jumps with too much of her upper body when she gets nervous and Kaetlyn Osmond who pitches forward on her landings.

Adelina has her issues, no denying that. But if she were to tweak her technique over the next few years that would help to stabilize her jumps. If her jumps were stable that would give her more confidence and may lead to better consistency in her jumps. Consistency in jumps for Adelina would put her among the top contenders in the post-Sochi field of ladies. She usually gets the highest PCS of all the newer girls even with her weaker performances and with clean performances she'd build up her reputation and from there, her PCS would rise.

I don't think Adelina has as much room for improvement as Gracie does but then again Adelina isn't in the same boat as Gracie when it comes to presentation, maturity, interpretation, performance, etc. She has all of that already...Gracie needs a lot of work in those areas. Adelina can improve but she's pretty decent in those areas already. She needs better programs to showcase those aspects of her skating. I thought her SP from last season was great but her FS was a bit of a hot mess.

vCash
    I wonder where all these "chronic of UR problems" talks come from. She does have problems with rotating her 3-3, but that's about it, her single triples are usually fully rotated and she gets good GOEs for them. Someone like Mirai Nagasu could be called a chronic URer, Adelina doesn't have such problems to be called that.
    I think she is the best all-around skater among younger ladies, but her scores didn't really reflect that yet because of inconsistensy and not so good programs. She is 17 now and hopefully puberty issues stay in the past, plus she has a new choreographer (and Chernyshev can choreograph such amazing things like Clair de Lune LP he made for Kawaguti-Smirnov), I hope this year Adelina finally gets the programs she deserves. With clean skates and good programs, IMO, she will deservedly get significally higher PCS than Gold or Osmond

vCash
    But the only way urs would go away is if she stopped doing triple toes in combos. Or got rid of the uring by going to a jump coach. So ur is a chronic problem on triple toes. Like it's a limited chronic uring but consistent. She's not uring every triple bit enough to hurt her. 3/3 and 2a/3t ur. Also when she tried lutz loop combos. So she can eliminate triple toes and do double toes but there goes any future. It would be good if she did something about her jump problems. I am sure she is trying something to improve but it's rare that she's ever asked about jumps. Just music really.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    I wonder where all these "chronic of UR problems" talks come from. She does have problems with rotating her 3-3, but that's about it, her single triples are usually fully rotated and she gets good GOEs for them. Someone like Mirai Nagasu could be called a chronic URer, Adelina doesn't have such problems to be called that.
    I think she is the best all-around skater among younger ladies, but her scores didn't really reflect that yet because of inconsistensy and not so good programs. She is 17 now and hopefully puberty issues stay in the past, plus she has a new choreographer (and Chernyshev can choreograph such amazing things like Clair de Lune LP he made for Kawaguti-Smirnov), I hope this year Adelina finally gets the programs she deserves. With clean skates and good programs, IMO, she will deservedly get significally higher PCS than Gold or Osmond.
    And why? SS I give it to her, but I wouldn't say she's substantially better. PE? CH? IN? TR? No really at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    And why? SS I give it to her, but I wouldn't say she's substantially better. PE? CH? IN? TR? No really at all.
    Among the youngsters Osmond, IMO, has the weakest basics, Adelina's basics, on the other hand, are the strongest. Better skating skills, ice coverage, much better lines and she is growing into a real performer. She just needs better programs

Title-less
    vCash
    Really? I would think Li Jijun has the weakest basics. But I am no expert

Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is dumb and so are you.
    vCash
    I believe Osmond and Sotnikova are the only two of the young crop who can come anywhere close to the top 3 in the World on a PCS standpoint. Osmond's transitions, choreography, and musical interpretation are sensational for someone as young as she is. She has attack and confidence and doesn't appear fearful of competition at all. Sotnikova's skating skills, lines, and maturity are marvelous as well for her young age. I have a soft spot in my heart for Tuktamysheva as well; I hope she can skate with confidence and happiness; her smile is infectious.

Gold rushes through the music seemingly ignoring anything is playing, has windmill arms, doesn't finish or extend any of her choreography, but can rely on her mostly steady technique. Her transitions aren't anywhere near as difficult as Osmond's either.

Li would be my pick for most lacking in skating skills of the young crop.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 08-02-2013 at 09:12 PM.

vCash
    I agree with your points regarding Osmond, Sotnikova and Gold.

I don't think Li is "lacking" in skating skills per se, but she's not as good as the other 3. Osmond, Sotnikova and Gold all skate big and leave a bigger overall impression on the ice. Li's style is very light, delicate and lyrical and sometimes it's harder for that kind of skating to stand out when you compare it to flair/pizazz (Osmond), maturity/presentation (Sotnikova) or just straight power/speed (Gold).

From a skills standpoint Li moves with ease across the ice, her speed isn't bad, and she generally skates relatively well. She'll have to work on bringing out that power and making her skating stand out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post

J'adore! Thank you for posting this!

Title-less
    vCash
    I'm not an expert. From my layman's pov, Li doesn't show good use of edges, and when she changes edges she often has to put the other foot down quickly.
    Adelina definitely has good SS compared to the other upcomers.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast