Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    You know, Elena has a lot more fight in her this season-she never would've done that to Rebecca in past seasons.
    I dunno about that. Remember the time she stabbed herself in the gut in order to take out Elijah? I honestly think it's the most badass thing anyone's ever done on this show.

On another note:
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyN View Post
    It feels like ages since we had a good heart rip.
    It's like they were listening to me!

vCash
    I dunno about that. Remember the time she stabbed herself in the gut in order to take out Elijah? I honestly think it's the most badass thing anyone's ever done on this show.
    I did actually forget about that, seems I need a refresher on past episodes haha. Elena does keep surprising me though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    I did actually forget about that, seems I need a refresher on past episodes haha. Elena does keep surprising me though.
    I've said it many times, and I'll keep saying it - Elena is the anti-Bella Swan. It's not just the fact that she's scrappy either, for example her speech to Stefan last year about not wanting to be a vampire is one of my favourite moments ever on the show.

vCash
    'Kay, Stefan needs to undagger Elijah RIGHT NOW!

vCash
    This mid-season finale was epically KICKASS! o_O Joseph Morgan, btw, blew it out of the water with his performance tonight. Finally got on the JM train and now I have to wait until January to see more of him

A little weirded out by how they didn't explain where Katharine was all this time and how she survived Michael vamping out on her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Orable View Post
    This mid-season finale was epically KICKASS! o_O Joseph Morgan, btw, blew it out of the water with his performance tonight. Finally got on the JM train and now I have to wait until January to see more of him
    He was terrific tonight. As weird as it sounds, I'm really glad Klaus didn't die*, and not just 'caus of the sexy.

*Not that I really thought he would - I can't imagine they would have made him a regular only to kill him before the halfway point of the season.

vCash
    I must be dense, but I don't quite know what Stefan's plan (or Katherine's). So, he has all those coffins. What's he gonna do? I also don't know

I'm a bit confused about how strong these hybrids are supposed to be. I can understand that an Original can compel a hybrid, but it seemed too easy for Damon and the rest to kill them.

Oh, how I miss this show. No show moves plot so quickly and swiftly.

vCash
    Great great episode last night. And yeah, that's what my friend and I are always saying, manhn. This show moves at such a great pace that you're never bored. I'm glad Klaus wasn't killed as well. What a great character. I'm enjoying Stefan being bad(although not evil anymore thankfully) and Damon and Elena's tension. Glad Jeremy wasn't in it last night, as his character just gets boring at times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I must be dense, but I don't quite know what Stefan's plan (or Katherine's). So, he has all those coffins. What's he gonna do?

I'm a bit confused about how strong these hybrids are supposed to be. I can understand that an Original can compel a hybrid, but it seemed too easy for Damon and the rest to kill them.
    At this point it seems Stefan is out for revenge, but with the added bonus that he has leverage to keep the others safe.

I didn't have a problem with how easily the hybrids were killed. They are newly made and doesn't vampire/wolf lore tell us that older vamps are stronger than younger ones? Stefan and Damon are over 100 years old, Katherine older still..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nlyoung View Post
    I didn't have a problem with how easily the hybrids were killed. They are newly made and doesn't vampire/wolf lore tell us that older vamps are stronger than younger ones? Stefan and Damon are over 100 years old, Katherine older still..
    Also, even when they were killed it was when they were in human form. I assume they'd be a lot more dangerous in wolf form, which they can now transform into at will, can't they?

vCash
    Also, even when they were killed it was when they were in human form. I assume they'd be a lot more dangerous in wolf form, which they can now transform into at will, can't they?
    Gotta love it that we're calmly discussing the "science" of all of this...

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I've said it many times, and I'll keep saying it - Elena is the anti-Bella Swan. It's not just the fact that she's scrappy either, for example her speech to Stefan last year about not wanting to be a vampire is one of my favourite moments ever on the show.
    Plus Elena is letting Stefan go. She has stuck up for him, fought for him, given him chances... But she knows when to call it a day (instead of longingly pine away for him forever). Although she is missing information in regards to his current actions... Just shows the depth this show sometimes has.

Quote Originally Posted by Orable View Post
    A little weirded out by how they didn't explain where Katharine was all this time and how she survived Michael vamping out on her.
    Maybe it has to do with how she is being affected by those who are part of her life now, and is letting her humanity have some hold on her. So she is willing to work with others now, which might mean lying low for a spell until she is needed.

...I can't imagine they would have made him a regular only to kill him before the halfway point of the season.
    Well, they have let a lot of characters go way before their time (at least in my opinion...)

I must be dense, but I don't quite know what Stefan's plan (or Katherine's). So, he has all those coffins. What's he gonna do?
    The coffins hold Klaus' family members and these creepy vamps seem to need their family around - albeit dead and in a coffin! I'm guessing Klaus wants control of where his dead relatives are for when he either gets lonely (and brings them back to life) or if he is in danger and their presence would serve his purpose. Having control of the whereabouts of the coffin means he has some control. Now Stefan has that control. Plus, maybe whoever brings a vamp back to life means that vamp feels somewhat indebted to that person?

No show moves plot so quickly and swiftly.
    You find the show both quick and swift? (So do I, by the way!)
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Plus Elena is letting Stefan go. She has stuck up for him, fought for him, given him chances... But she knows when to call it a day (instead of longingly pine away for him forever). Although she is missing information in regards to his current actions... Just shows the depth this show sometimes has.
    I actually saw a post on another site saying that her finally giving up on him shows that she's disloyal or some crap like that. I rolled my eyes so hard I nearly hurt myself. Especially since, like you said she doesn't even have all the information - all she knows is that Stefan ruined their best chance of killing Klaus and then took off.

Or course, earlier in the season people were complaining that she wouldn't give up on him, so apparently she just can't win with some people.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Well, they have let a lot of characters go way before their time (at least in my opinion...)
    No doubt (my Anna...)*, I just mean I don't think they would have bothered to made him a regular if they were going to kill him off this soon.

*On the other hand, the fact that they mean it when they say "anyone can die" (except the main trio) is one of the many reasons I like this show.

vCash
    I'm on 3.5, and I've been watching this show pretty much non-stop for three weeks. Super excited for the second half of season 3 to start on Thursday!

vCash
    I loved tonight's episode! A few jaw-dropping moments-man this show keeps me on the edge of my seat sometimes! I loved Damon tonight, he was just brilliant.

Spoiler

So many shows have come back this week, and they'll all had excellent returns IMO. This makes me look forward to Once Upon A Time even more than I was already.

vCash
    So, how long is Jeremy gone?!?! He can't leave! And I wonder what Dr. Fell's deal is.

This show is so good. LOVED the scene between Elena and Klaus.

vCash
    Ooooh, I didn't realize there was a Vampire Diaries thread here. I love this show! I got into it only a few weeks ago and ended up mainlining all episodes on Netflix. I thought this show would be just a lame rehash of Twilight (which I loathe) but it basically takes everything that was wrong with Twilight (spineless, wishy-washy heroine, emo stalkers etc) and makes it right. I love that people in the Vampire Diaries talk to each other about everything, that secrets and plot points are not dragged out needlessly for episodes on end for the sake of a cheap pay-off, and the breakneck pace of plot twists and revelations.

Last night's episode was the first one that I watched in real time and I have to say I was a bit confused and underwhelmed... I don't get what's Stefan's deal. Am I to believe that he really doesn't care for Elena anymore? I could get that he was simply covering to make her go away, but the "I don't care if Jeremy dies" was a bit far... I also don't understand his plan, which seems stupid in theory, but I have faith in the writers. Stefan and Katherine are probably playing Klaus (and everyone else) in some way. One layer above that, Katherine is probably playing Stefan. I look forward to seeing it all play out.

Not sure about the Elena & Damon kiss... Kind of douchy on Damon's part especially since he learned that Stefan is still working to save his life.

Do not like Elena having Jeremy's memory wiped. I'm betting that's gonna come back to bite them in the ass big time.

Who wants to bet that hidden in the locked coffin is the original Petrova, the one of whom both Elena and Katherine are doppelgangers?
    Last edited by Ajax; 01-06-2012 at 09:48 PM.

vCash
    Even though Stefan is no longer controlled by Klaus, Stefan has consumed too much blood and killed too many people to return to the Stefan Elena first met. Usually, when Stefan relapsed, someone like Lexi was there to provide aid. But still, that took decades for Stefan to be in control of his evil side.

vCash
    Can't say I'll miss Jeremy too much. Along with Matt, he's always seemed like the most disposable of the regulars to me.

I knew it was inevitable that Damon/Elena would happen at some point, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Also, I agree with whoever said earlier that the scene with Klaus and Elena was terrific - probably the highlight of the episode to me.

Overall, not the best episode ever, but a solid return.

vCash
    So, I'm totally on board with Caroline/Klaus. I just found something about their scenes really hot.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast