Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 138
  1. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,281
    vCash
    7633
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    You know, Elena has a lot more fight in her this season-she never would've done that to Rebecca in past seasons.
    I dunno about that. Remember the time she stabbed herself in the gut in order to take out Elijah? I honestly think it's the most badass thing anyone's ever done on this show.

    On another note:
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyN View Post
    It feels like ages since we had a good heart rip.
    It's like they were listening to me!

  2. #42

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    getting ready to explore the world
    Posts
    3,009
    vCash
    806
    Rep Power
    11737
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyN View Post
    I dunno about that. Remember the time she stabbed herself in the gut in order to take out Elijah? I honestly think it's the most badass thing anyone's ever done on this show.
    I did actually forget about that, seems I need a refresher on past episodes haha. Elena does keep surprising me though.

  3. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,281
    vCash
    7633
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    I did actually forget about that, seems I need a refresher on past episodes haha. Elena does keep surprising me though.
    I've said it many times, and I'll keep saying it - Elena is the anti-Bella Swan. It's not just the fact that she's scrappy either, for example her speech to Stefan last year about not wanting to be a vampire is one of my favourite moments ever on the show.

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,281
    vCash
    7633
    Rep Power
    0
    'Kay, Stefan needs to undagger Elijah RIGHT NOW!

  5. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Anglia and Saxony
    Posts
    13,847
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    This mid-season finale was epically KICKASS! o_O Joseph Morgan, btw, blew it out of the water with his performance tonight. Finally got on the JM train and now I have to wait until January to see more of him

    A little weirded out by how they didn't explain where Katharine was all this time and how she survived Michael vamping out on her.

  6. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,281
    vCash
    7633
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Orable View Post
    This mid-season finale was epically KICKASS! o_O Joseph Morgan, btw, blew it out of the water with his performance tonight. Finally got on the JM train and now I have to wait until January to see more of him
    He was terrific tonight. As weird as it sounds, I'm really glad Klaus didn't die*, and not just 'caus of the sexy.


    *Not that I really thought he would - I can't imagine they would have made him a regular only to kill him before the halfway point of the season.

  7. #47

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    9,146
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    35029
    I must be dense, but I don't quite know what Stefan's plan (or Katherine's). So, he has all those coffins. What's he gonna do? I also don't know

    I'm a bit confused about how strong these hybrids are supposed to be. I can understand that an Original can compel a hybrid, but it seemed too easy for Damon and the rest to kill them.

    Oh, how I miss this show. No show moves plot so quickly and swiftly.

  8. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Where banjos play.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    8,070
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Great great episode last night. And yeah, that's what my friend and I are always saying, manhn. This show moves at such a great pace that you're never bored. I'm glad Klaus wasn't killed as well. What a great character. I'm enjoying Stefan being bad(although not evil anymore thankfully) and Damon and Elena's tension. Glad Jeremy wasn't in it last night, as his character just gets boring at times.

  9. #49

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    523
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I must be dense, but I don't quite know what Stefan's plan (or Katherine's). So, he has all those coffins. What's he gonna do?

    I'm a bit confused about how strong these hybrids are supposed to be. I can understand that an Original can compel a hybrid, but it seemed too easy for Damon and the rest to kill them.
    At this point it seems Stefan is out for revenge, but with the added bonus that he has leverage to keep the others safe.

    I didn't have a problem with how easily the hybrids were killed. They are newly made and doesn't vampire/wolf lore tell us that older vamps are stronger than younger ones? Stefan and Damon are over 100 years old, Katherine older still..

  10. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,281
    vCash
    7633
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nlyoung View Post
    I didn't have a problem with how easily the hybrids were killed. They are newly made and doesn't vampire/wolf lore tell us that older vamps are stronger than younger ones? Stefan and Damon are over 100 years old, Katherine older still..
    Also, even when they were killed it was when they were in human form. I assume they'd be a lot more dangerous in wolf form, which they can now transform into at will, can't they?

  11. #51

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    523
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyN View Post
    Also, even when they were killed it was when they were in human form. I assume they'd be a lot more dangerous in wolf form, which they can now transform into at will, can't they?
    Gotta love it that we're calmly discussing the "science" of all of this...

  12. #52
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,564
    vCash
    875
    Rep Power
    76283
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyN View Post
    I've said it many times, and I'll keep saying it - Elena is the anti-Bella Swan. It's not just the fact that she's scrappy either, for example her speech to Stefan last year about not wanting to be a vampire is one of my favourite moments ever on the show.
    Plus Elena is letting Stefan go. She has stuck up for him, fought for him, given him chances... But she knows when to call it a day (instead of longingly pine away for him forever). Although she is missing information in regards to his current actions... Just shows the depth this show sometimes has.

    Quote Originally Posted by Orable View Post
    A little weirded out by how they didn't explain where Katharine was all this time and how she survived Michael vamping out on her.
    Maybe it has to do with how she is being affected by those who are part of her life now, and is letting her humanity have some hold on her. So she is willing to work with others now, which might mean lying low for a spell until she is needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyN View Post
    ...I can't imagine they would have made him a regular only to kill him before the halfway point of the season.
    Well, they have let a lot of characters go way before their time (at least in my opinion...)

    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I must be dense, but I don't quite know what Stefan's plan (or Katherine's). So, he has all those coffins. What's he gonna do?
    The coffins hold Klaus' family members and these creepy vamps seem to need their family around - albeit dead and in a coffin! I'm guessing Klaus wants control of where his dead relatives are for when he either gets lonely (and brings them back to life) or if he is in danger and their presence would serve his purpose. Having control of the whereabouts of the coffin means he has some control. Now Stefan has that control. Plus, maybe whoever brings a vamp back to life means that vamp feels somewhat indebted to that person?

    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    No show moves plot so quickly and swiftly.
    You find the show both quick and swift? (So do I, by the way!)
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

  13. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,281
    vCash
    7633
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Plus Elena is letting Stefan go. She has stuck up for him, fought for him, given him chances... But she knows when to call it a day (instead of longingly pine away for him forever). Although she is missing information in regards to his current actions... Just shows the depth this show sometimes has.
    I actually saw a post on another site saying that her finally giving up on him shows that she's disloyal or some crap like that. I rolled my eyes so hard I nearly hurt myself. Especially since, like you said she doesn't even have all the information - all she knows is that Stefan ruined their best chance of killing Klaus and then took off.

    Or course, earlier in the season people were complaining that she wouldn't give up on him, so apparently she just can't win with some people.


    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Well, they have let a lot of characters go way before their time (at least in my opinion...)
    No doubt (my Anna...)*, I just mean I don't think they would have bothered to made him a regular if they were going to kill him off this soon.


    *On the other hand, the fact that they mean it when they say "anyone can die" (except the main trio) is one of the many reasons I like this show.

  14. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Age
    25
    Posts
    9,108
    vCash
    1529
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm on 3.5, and I've been watching this show pretty much non-stop for three weeks. Super excited for the second half of season 3 to start on Thursday!

  15. #55

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    getting ready to explore the world
    Posts
    3,009
    vCash
    806
    Rep Power
    11737
    I loved tonight's episode! A few jaw-dropping moments-man this show keeps me on the edge of my seat sometimes! I loved Damon tonight, he was just brilliant.

    Spoiler



    So many shows have come back this week, and they'll all had excellent returns IMO. This makes me look forward to Once Upon A Time even more than I was already.

  16. #56

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    9,146
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    35029
    So, how long is Jeremy gone?!?! He can't leave! And I wonder what Dr. Fell's deal is.

    This show is so good. LOVED the scene between Elena and Klaus.

  17. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Beantown
    Posts
    3,302
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Ooooh, I didn't realize there was a Vampire Diaries thread here. I love this show! I got into it only a few weeks ago and ended up mainlining all episodes on Netflix. I thought this show would be just a lame rehash of Twilight (which I loathe) but it basically takes everything that was wrong with Twilight (spineless, wishy-washy heroine, emo stalkers etc) and makes it right. I love that people in the Vampire Diaries talk to each other about everything, that secrets and plot points are not dragged out needlessly for episodes on end for the sake of a cheap pay-off, and the breakneck pace of plot twists and revelations.

    Last night's episode was the first one that I watched in real time and I have to say I was a bit confused and underwhelmed... I don't get what's Stefan's deal. Am I to believe that he really doesn't care for Elena anymore? I could get that he was simply covering to make her go away, but the "I don't care if Jeremy dies" was a bit far... I also don't understand his plan, which seems stupid in theory, but I have faith in the writers. Stefan and Katherine are probably playing Klaus (and everyone else) in some way. One layer above that, Katherine is probably playing Stefan. I look forward to seeing it all play out.

    Not sure about the Elena & Damon kiss... Kind of douchy on Damon's part especially since he learned that Stefan is still working to save his life.

    Do not like Elena having Jeremy's memory wiped. I'm betting that's gonna come back to bite them in the ass big time.

    Who wants to bet that hidden in the locked coffin is the original Petrova, the one of whom both Elena and Katherine are doppelgangers?
    Last edited by Ajax; 01-06-2012 at 09:48 PM.

  18. #58

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    9,146
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    35029
    Even though Stefan is no longer controlled by Klaus, Stefan has consumed too much blood and killed too many people to return to the Stefan Elena first met. Usually, when Stefan relapsed, someone like Lexi was there to provide aid. But still, that took decades for Stefan to be in control of his evil side.

  19. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,281
    vCash
    7633
    Rep Power
    0
    Can't say I'll miss Jeremy too much. Along with Matt, he's always seemed like the most disposable of the regulars to me.

    I knew it was inevitable that Damon/Elena would happen at some point, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

    Also, I agree with whoever said earlier that the scene with Klaus and Elena was terrific - probably the highlight of the episode to me.

    Overall, not the best episode ever, but a solid return.

  20. #60

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,834
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    So, I'm totally on board with Caroline/Klaus. I just found something about their scenes really hot.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •