Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    Just caught up on the last two episodes and I have to say:
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I liked how Elena was told by Damon that she could not go to the ball. And then Elena shows up. Honestly Damon, she's not your eight year old daughter (and you should have known better).
    This is exactly why I could never root for Damon and Elena together*. He's a total Edward Cullen: pushy and controlling and constantly trying to make all of her decisions for her, with no consideration for what she wants or decides. It's gross. I liked when Elena pointed out that even Evil!Unfeeling!Stefan has more respect for her ability to make her own choices than Damon who supposedly "loves" her.

On another note, I'm way more into the idea Klaus and Caroline than I should be. Maybe it's just the idea of all that pretty together.

Oh, and am I the only one who saw that EW cover and thought that it was pretty obviously "inspired by" the True Blood Rolling Stone cover?

*Then again, I'll never understand how anyone could root for them together after he tried to turn her into a vampire against her will!!! Call me crazy, but that's pretty much the ultimate dealbreaker IMO. Actually, I think it was Stefan's reaction to that whole incident that turned me from liking him and Elena together to a full-fledged shipper.
    Last edited by AshleyN; 02-17-2012 at 08:40 PM.

vCash
    ^That is exactly my issue-Damn is so controlling of Elena, IMO. It's rather annoying; though her decisions were not always the best ones, Stefan did let Elena do her own thing as much as possible.

Last night's episode was good-I didn't like it quite as much as the previous episode, but it was still good. I wish they'd stop killing Alaric, though-did the actor do something to piss off the writers? He almost has more lives than a cat!

I liked the scene after Damon was the one to kill Abby, when he said "I'm good at being the bad one," or something along those lines. And I actually do like Damon better as a character when he's bad, he seems more natural that way. Same goes for Stefan. Though like you, AshleyN, I'm a full fledged shipper of Stelena and I just want things to fall into place for them to finally get back together. Though, like mahn, I do think human Elena would be better off without either of them. If she were ever to become a vampire, however, that would be a different story perhaps.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyN View Post

Oh, and am I the only one who saw that EW cover and thought that it was pretty obviously "inspired by" the True Blood Rolling Stone cover?
    You caught that too!!! I was going to mention it when I posted "TVD" pics. Both shows also had 3 pics with red, white and black as the main colors in 3 seperate pics.

vCash
    I found last night's episode kind of repetitive, what with Elena being in danger and the two brothers having to save her yet again. The treatment of Bonnie is so problematic, she has no storyline of her own apart from being a pawn for the needs of the Salvatores and Elena. The Caroline-Elena speech was awesome, as was Damon & Rebekah telling Elena that the world doesn't revolve around her. I used to like Elena a lot in the first two seasons, but she's been acting like a total idiot this season and it's turned me off the character big time. A shame. The actress playing Esther is absolutely horrible and the character herself isn't compelling either. If we never see any more of her terrible halting line delivery, I wouldn't complain. I do like Rebekah-Elijah-Klaus-Kol and would love to see more sibling dynamics. Unfortunately with the departure of Elijah (What? NOOOOOO) and Kol, doesn't seem like we will get it.

I do still enjoy the show. But more and more problems are starting to creep into the story telling. The characters in the first two seasons never took any bullshit from any one, they were always frank and called each other out when needed. Now it's like everyone has lost their compass (except for Caroline who continues to be awesome). I don't get Stefan's arc at all. How is he off the human blood? Lexi needed to literally torture him to get him off it, now he's just back on the bunny diet, easy as pie? And the whole point of his Ripper days was just to make him into an angsty woobie now? Meh.

The one thing I cannot get over is that Caroline isn't just telling Klaus to piss off. I wish she'd just flat out tell him that there's no way in hell she'd date him because he killed Jenna & Elena, would have killed Caroline & Tyler, then did kill Tyler, took away Tyler's free will and had Tyler attempt to murder Caroline, not to mention steal Alaric's body and turn Stefan into a murder machine. Yes, she did give him some lines about how he can't compel people's love and that she's too smart to be seduced by him, but I don't think she was being nearly forceful enough. Klaus needs to be called out on being a homicidal maniac.

I do enjoy the fact that Klaus is a pathetically dorky and lame when it comes to seduction though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    The one thing I cannot get over is that Caroline isn't just telling Klaus to piss off. I wish she'd just flat out tell him that there's no way in hell she'd date him because he killed Jenna & Elena, would have killed Caroline & Tyler, then did kill Tyler, took away Tyler's free will and had Tyler attempt to murder Caroline, not to mention steal Alaric's body and turn Stefan into a murder machine. Yes, she did give him some lines about how he can't compel people's love and that she's too smart to be seduced by him, but I don't think she was being nearly forceful enough. Klaus needs to be called out on being a homicidal maniac.
    Eh, I've just decided to accept that the citizens of Mystic Falls are way to forgiving. After all they (much to my chagrin) still interact with Damon after he turned Vicki (leading to her death), was responsible for the death of Grams, killed Lexi, raped and abused Caroline and Andi, tried to kill Jeremy, tried to turn Elena into a vampire, etc.

At least Klaus actually gets called on his shit, whereas everyone seems to have completey forgotten about Damon's many transgressions. I'm sure they'll forget about his turning Bonnie's mom in a month or so (if that).

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Satellitegirl View Post
    Good episode tonight, but it annoys me that they're not coming back until March 15th. Also, interesting to know doctor woman is the stabbity stabber. lol
    Didn't know there was going to be a month-long break. As for the doctor....did anyone think that she was not a bad guy?? I was just waiting for them to show us how she was just no good.

Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    My favourite male character on the show is a tie between Alaric and Matt!
    The Vampire Diaries story will come full circle and Elena will live happily ever after with Matt (along with Dad-In-Love, Alaric). As appealing as any fictional vampire might be - they are all dead. Who would ever want someone they know to end up with with a walking corpse? (Yuck...and a blood-sucking corpse at that!)

...that whole incident that turned me from liking him and Elena together to a full-fledged shipper.
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    I'm a full fledged shipper of Stelena
    What's a shipper?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    What's a shipper?
    Shipping, derived from the word relationship, is the belief that two fictional characters, typically from the same series, are in an intimate relationship, or have romantic feelings that could potentially lead to a relationship. It is considered a general term for fans' emotional involvement with the ongoing development of romance in a work of fiction. Though technically applicable to any such involvement, it refers chiefly to various related social dynamics observable on the Internet, and is seldom used outside of that context.

Shipping can involve virtually any kind of relationship — from the well-known and established, to the ambiguous or those undergoing development, and even to the highly improbable and the blatantly impossible. People involved in shipping (called shippers) variously assert that the relationship does exist, will exist, or simply that they would like it to exist.
    Wikipedia

Maybe I spend to much time on the internet but I have to admit it's kind of shocking for me to come across someone who isn't familiar with the term.

vCash
    I was shocked by that too

vCash
    Well, here is another who didn't know what it meant. I don't keep up with the slang.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    New epsidode tonight. Already???

Tonight's episode is called 1912 (sneak preview clip).

And here is a producer's preview.

I expect brooding. It could happen!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I thought the episode was amazing! So much fun! I really liked that for once, there was no relationship drama with the main triangle. Instead we got some awesome scenes between Stefan and Damon. I love any episode that explores their brotherhood. Damon admitting that Stefan is all he has was very touching, as was Stefan deciding to help track the killer.

The whodunit is a great way to reinvent the season - the Klaus storyline had been getting stale. Incorporating the mysterious resuscitation rings into this and finally giving Alaric a meaty storyline is awesome. I have no idea how this show manages to come up with smart, interesting and compelling plots like this, time after time. The various characters playing detective and piecing together clues as to the identity of the killer was fun. It gave the episode a nice vibe that was a refreshing change from the heavy angst of the last few eps.

They seem to be setting up Matt/Elena and much as I like our vampire boys, I am completely fine with that. Especially if it means that Damon and Stefan will be free to hang out with Rebekkah. Those three together was hot, they should just have snarky fabulous threesomes and forget about Elena.

vCash
    I enjoyed the episode too. I also think the writers have a good handle on the triangle. They spelt out quite concisely why Elena would be attracted to them.

I still miss Tyler, Jeremy, Bonnie and Caroline. Saje was kinda boring, IMO.

vCash
    I don't know how I feel about tonight's episode. I liked it, but it didn't totally grab me. I didn't really care about Finn and Sage's story as much as I think I was supposed to.

The whole thing with Stefan confronting Elena at the end (I wanted them to kiss SO bad!!!) annoyed me; "you're in love with him too," just reminded me way too much of Twilight. I do think Elena feels something for Damon, but I personally don't see it being anywhere near what she does for Stefan.

I might need to rewatch this one.

vCash
    I don't much care for violence so you would think I would find Damon's torture way too gruesome, but I did watch the ladies short programs earlier today. That helped me prepare for tonight's episode.

I love the idea of the characters figuring out the bloodlines of all the vampires. It's like ancestry.com for the Vampire Set.

The show does an excellent job of continuity. I mean, Rose?!?!? I totally forgot about her! Maybe we'll get to see the vampire who looks exactly like Lambiel.

The Love Triangle of Doom is boring. And I wished Bonnie just let Damon to bleed to death, but I'll forgive the phonecall.
    Last edited by manhn; 03-30-2012 at 06:11 AM.

vCash
    I'm thrilled that they can't kill off Klaus/other originals without killing all of the other vamps. Gives me hope for Klaus/Caroline.

Damon and Elena dying wouldn't break my heart though. In fact, it'd make me happy.

vCash
    I'm also happy they can't kill off certain vampires....maybe if they aren't regulars, they can at least come back occasionally for new story lines . Such a huge fan of Joseph Morgan. Klauroline 4eva

Damon and Elena don't bother me at all, and I'm glad they're finally getting to work out some of their feelings, eventually.

vCash
    Reminder – new episode tomorrow: preview of last 4 episodes
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Just caught up with this week's episode and I'm rather annoyed that they defiled one of my favourite Florence + the Machine songs by using it as background for a Damon/Elena makeout session.

Aside from that it was good.

vCash
    Just caught up with this week's episode and I'm rather annoyed that they defiled one of my favourite Florence + the Machine songs by using it as background for a Damon/Elena makeout session.

Aside from that it was good.

It was a good episode wasn't it? I can't care less than Elena/Damon, although I liked when he voiced his frustration about how she expects him to be good all the time and he's not, and also when he told her how he's not going to make it easy for her to figure out her feelings by doing something horrible. The Stefan & Alaric scenes were excellent and the twist of Esther taking over Rebecca was a true shocker, classic Vampire Diaries twist there.

vCash
    I love how much Bonnie hates Damon. It's a beautiful thing.

I didn't think I could love Klaus more, but turns out, it is possible.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast