Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    I have to admit to thinking Caroline/Klaus being slightly intriguing.

Is this the first time we know the Mayor's name? Carol? And her son is/was dating Carolyn? Really? Couldn't the writers come up with a different name like Diane?

I am looking forward to knowing more about the Council. I always want to know more about the Founding Families. So, the Hybrids are gone. Who killed the medical examiner? I very much doubt it was Alaric.

During the commercials, the CW said that Nina won the People's Choice Award for Best Drama Actress. Seriously? That is friggin' awesome! Way better than some movie star actress playing a lawyer with ethical issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    During the commercials, the CW said that Nina won the People's Choice Award for Best Drama Actress. Seriously? That is friggin' awesome! Way better than some movie star actress playing a lawyer with ethical issues.
    That's great for Nina!

I thought last night's episode was great. Things I liked: Bonnie calling Elena out on compelling Jeremy, Elena refusing to jump into anything with Damon, Stefan being a chilling badass, Tyler confessing his love for Caroline and finally realizing the implications of his sire bond to Klaus, the teens getting together to celebrate Caroline's birthday, Caroline starting to consider the implications of her immortality (and her preceding death), Damon and Liz working together. I also liked that Elena turned to Matt for the scene on the bridge but I didn't get what exactly she was going on about there.

Things I didn't like: The actress playing Meredith really bugs me for some reason. I guess she'll be hooking up with Alaric? Joseph Morgan's simpering speeches are annoying. I find him miscast.

The scene between Klaus and Caroline was just bizarre. What the hell was that? I'm going to withhold judgment on it since Klaus is obviously playing some sort of game. But I don't buy that even after calling Tyler out on being Klaus's minion, Caroline was still going starry-eyed over a gift from the guy who killed her boyfriend, killed Jenna and destroyed the Stefan who was her friend, not to mention tons of bystanders.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    During the commercials, the CW said that Nina won the People's Choice Award for Best Drama Actress.
    Yes, when Nina one she said that she wasn't even on the ballot originally. But Vampire Diaries fans added her as a write-in nominee and then voted so hardcore that she ended up winning!

Way better than some movie star actress playing a lawyer with ethical issues.
    Well, this is the People's Choice Awards, not the Emmys.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Just watched this week's episode - I can't believe I was two whole days late seeing the return of my beloved Elijah! YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

vCash
    I'm ecstatic that Elijah is back as well . And to catch up...the scene between Caroline and Klaus, where Klaus leans down and tells her all she'll be missing if she doesn't live, has to be the best scene I've seen on the show. LOVED. IT. I'll be sad to see Klaus go if/when he does. (also, loved the Damon/Elena kiss. Ian still makes me weak in the knees.).

vCash
    Elijah :swoon

OMG Alaric!! They really need to stop killing him. Cause one day it'll actually stick and I'll be :

Original Family reunion-best part of the whole episode. Line of the night goes to Elijah- "This is family business." Love it!
    Last edited by lmarie086; 02-03-2012 at 02:15 AM.

vCash
    That was a great episode.

I think the killer is either Katherine or Tatia--who else would have Elena's fingerprints?

We found out Caroline's dad's lover's name is "Steven" (which, BTW, is cool as that was the name of Gary Coleman's Dynasty character). That must mean something! And one of those Original Sons has to be gay! I hope it's the one who kinda looks like Charlie from "Lost."

vCash
    The fingerprints were present day Elena's, as the killer had stolen weapons she had previously touched...

vCash
    That was a cool episode... I'm having trouble adjusting to watching this on TV. I discovered this series on Netflix a couple of months ago, watched the first two series in a couple of weeks, and then caught up on Hulu with the rest. There are simply too many commercials when you watch on tv and it ruins the excitement for me.

Poor Caroline can't catch a break. But where was Tyler?? I quite like the murder mystery and was very scared that Alaric wouldn't be resurrected, after all the fuss they've made about the ring this season. I'm guessing the killer is not Meredith but that she's still related to the whole thing somehow.

Bonnie and her mom were zzzzzzzzzzzzzz as always.

The Original family reunion was great. I'm happy we met the last two brothers. Not happy that the coffin contained their mother. I was thinking it'd be the original Petrova - who I'm glad finally gets a name. I guess she'll also be played by Dobrev? We have always been told that witches are not immortal and that they are servants of the nature. Doesn't making themselves immortal go against that?

Also wasn't happy with the anvilicious "oh look, both sets of brothers were in love with the same girl, what lessons can we draw from this?" parallel. I am just not getting Stephan.

vCash
    Stefan is too broody and whiny for me...
    I love Damon

vCash
    Last night's episode was so good. Can I have a seat at that table next time? *fans self* lol

Joseph Morgan is just outstanding as Klaus. His emotional range is superb. One minute I hate him and the next minute I'm tearing up along with him. Can't the guy just have his hybrids and have fun .

Now that you mention it, I agree it's probably Katherine who is doing the killings. Someone who is fast and stealthy enough to do it without them seeing them.

Should get interesting with the family together.

Also, Elijah is looking even more yummy how that he's back. I like the haircut.

In conclusion Damon > Stefan. Loved when Damon hung up on Elena and said "I didn't do that for you" to Stefan.

Great episode! No other show has this much going on, per episode.

P.S. I felt awful for Caroline

vCash
    Major word to everything Satellitegirl wrote. Seriously, I don't need to even say anything else, except that I think this may've been one of the best episodes in the entire series to date. Absolutely magnificent!

Well, maybe I'll say one more thing - I'm not sure how crazy I am about Nina Dobrev playing another character. She does such a fantastic job making Katherine and Elena two distinctively different characters, that I'm afraid that her playing Tatia will be one character too many.

Still, fantastic episode in a great series! So far, TVD, has escaped the downhill slide that many other shows succumb to in their third season...

vCash
    Sexiest. Dinner Party. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by nlyoung View Post
    Stefan is too broody and whiny for me...
    I love Damon
    Funny, I actually find Damon the much broodier and whinier of the two.

vCash
    And Damon is definitely prettier

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nlyoung View Post
    And Damon is definitely prettier
    Well, they're both awfully pretty, though I'll admit that I've been kind of thrown off on Stefan ever since I saw someone point out how much he looks like Puppet Angel.

However, Klaus and Elijah are prettier than either of them.

vCash
    Maybe it’s just the end of a long day, but this recap of last night’s episode had me : The Vampire Diaries: Parents Just Don't Understand
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    ^ I loved that! Do they do that for every episode? I sure hope so!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    ^ I loved that! Do they do that for every episode? I sure hope so!
    Yes! Price Peterson reviews every episode of Vampire Diaries like that - they are absolutely hilarious! If you click on his name in that review, the rest of his articles should come up.

vCash
    I finally caught up.

I love the Originals, and I am so suuuper excited to have all of them running around creating chaos.

I'm hoping that they're honest about teasing us with Stefan and Elena reunited. I do agree that Stefan's broodiness can be a bit boring, but at the end of the day they're supposed to be together and it weirds me out that they've been apart for so damned long.

They need to stop killing Alaric. And hurting Caroline. Caroline's the (second, depending upon if you adore Damon or not) best character on this show and they treat her terribly far too often.

vCash
    I think maybe they're taking Caroline on a "harsh reality of being a vampire" journey, so to speak. But yeah, she's been through enough already. Give the girl some happiness in there! I would love it if Damon and Elena were together, but I'm sure that will never be the final result, so I just enjoy the tension of the "triangle" on the show.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast