Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    After how ever many years there has been TV and figure skating has always been delayed broadcast (not just hours but days or weeks) - sometimes with just a snippet of the winning performance by an American - being "spoiled" is a small price to pay to being able to watch all skaters in all disciplines live. Even if you have to do it in the middle of the night.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    ^^^
    This!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyjake5 View Post
    I have had IN since its inception and was satisfied with the set up and quality of the videos but last season for some reason I had a lot of problems with the video streaming, freezing, jerking and blackouts, the same problems happened on my work computer as well as my home computer. I troubleshot till I was blue in the face and could not get it to work. I won't be renewing my subscription with IN. I ended up subscribing to US last season and I had no problems at all. I will be staying with US this season.
    I had such trouble with Ice Network last year (Videos freezing and returning to the beginning, so that it took you days to watch an event. And then sometimes the videos would run at a fast forward type speed.) and their support was less than helpful. Several people that I know had the same problems, so we all complained. Ice Network claimed that there was no problem. And now they've raised their price to $40. Geez. I watched Worlds on Universal Sports and was pleased with the coverage, quality, and price. I'll go with them for GP, and then if Ice Network offers a special deal for Nationals, maybe I'll subscribe then.

ETA: I'm also guessing that anything I want to see from Regionals and Sectionals will eventually wind up on You Tube, also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafras View Post
    After how ever many years there has been TV and figure skating has always been delayed broadcast (not just hours but days or weeks) - sometimes with just a snippet of the winning performance by an American - being "spoiled" is a small price to pay to being able to watch all skaters in all disciplines live. Even if you have to do it in the middle of the night.
    Not when icenetwork makes it much easier NOT to be spoiled.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Not when icenetwork makes it much easier NOT to be spoiled.
    ITA I hate having the results spoiled!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    I watched Worlds on Universal Sports and was pleased with the coverage, quality, and price. I'll go with them for GP, and then if Ice Network offers a special deal for Nationals, maybe I'll subscribe then.
    I thought Universal Sports charged $15 for the Grand Prix season and then an additional $15 subscriptions for Worlds. Did they let already-subscribed GP customers watch Worlds for free?

If not, you're only saving $10, at best.

vCash
    It looks like if you have a cable/satellite service that gets Universal Sports, you can watch the online streaming for free!

I'm trying to figure out how to log in through Direct tv now..

ETA: I got logged in, but can't find the page that said it originally. Guess I'll call customer service and ask....
    Last edited by Christina; 10-16-2011 at 11:36 PM.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyjake5 View Post
    I have had IN since its inception and was satisfied with the set up and quality of the videos but last season for some reason I had a lot of problems with the video streaming, freezing, jerking and blackouts, the same problems happened on my work computer as well as my home computer. I troubleshot till I was blue in the face and could not get it to work. I won't be renewing my subscription with IN. I ended up subscribing to US last season and I had no problems at all. I will be staying with US this season.
    I had the same issue so went over to Universal Sports. No problems to speak of and it was nice to watch the programs without on and off freeze ups. I just subscribed to Universal today, can't wait for next weekend.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    It looks like if you have a cable/satellite service that gets Universal Sports, you can watch the online streaming for free!

ETA: I got logged in, but can't find the page that said it originally. Guess I'll call customer service and ask....
    Did you buy the package? It was included with your subscription only for the first couple of months.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    I'm still trying to decide which one to subscribe to. My old computer occasionally had issues with IN but I suspect that things might be a little better with my new computer. Still, I have DSL and a wireless connection that is also used to stream Netflix. So I'm wondering if I should go to US or go back to IN. I wonder if US will give me less issues and work faster with my connection than IN.

There's also the issue of Nationals. US still doesn't cover that online and I don't have US on TV either. IN has extensive coverage of Nationals. Decisions, decisions.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

vCash
    And IN isn't covering SA fully. Grr.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    And IN isn't covering SA fully. Grr.
    Is Universal Sports covering SA with no delay?
    I might be a sucker/ unreasonable fan, but I'll probably end up with both. I change locations pretty often, and sometimes Icenetwork works beautifully in one place but freaks out in another. Still, I cannot do without it because it covers Nationals and Sectionals.
    Last edited by dinakt; 10-17-2011 at 04:33 AM.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post

I think it was only through 9/30/2011. The only online figure skating videos right now are last season's events.

http://www.directchoicesatellite.com...o-subscribers/

The Universal Sports online viewing subscription info, for the ISU Grand Prix only, is here:
    https://secure.universalsports.com/l...&newsid=559578

2011 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series Package

UniversalSports.com offers LIVE and on-demand coverage of all seven stops in the 2011 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating. The 2011 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series Package includes LIVE and on-demand access to every men's, women's, pairs and ice dance short and free skate from the following competitions: Skate America, Skate Canada International, Cup of China, Trophee Eric Bompard, Cup of Russia, NHK Trophy and Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final. Price: $14.95

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    Is Universal Sports covering SA with no delay?
    I might be a sucker/ unreasonable fan, but I'll probably end up with both. I change locations pretty often, and sometimes Icenetwork works beautifully in one place but freaks out in another. Still, I cannot do without it because it covers Nationals and Sectionals.
    I was thinking about ending up with both as well. I think I may subscribe to US for the GPS then subscribe to IN in January for Nationals coverage.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

vCash
    I just renewed the IN for another season. I see no reason to drop it since they show Nationals which is the big thing for me. Plus it works fine for me. I'm glad i have it since in there infinite wisdom NBC isn't even showing Pairs or the Ladies live on Sunday at SA and i don't have Universal Sports cable channel.

vCash
    Dumb question with on demand - is an event available for a couple weeks afterwards? Curious to how long available. Thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Dumb question with on demand - is an event available for a couple weeks afterwards? Curious to how long available. Thanks.
    At Icenetwork? It's available for a LONG time. You could still watch 2009 GP season, if you are so inclined.
    Last edited by dinakt; 10-19-2011 at 04:14 AM.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    I just looked at Universal Sports, and they seem to have taken Skate America OFF of the streaming list... :-(

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zebobes View Post
    I just looked at Universal Sports, and they seem to have taken Skate America OFF of the streaming list... :-(
    Yup. I just noticed the same thing (are we twins?)!! I think I will stick with only IN then. Oh well, better for my wallet.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    I just noticed the same thing. I guess I'll be sticking with IN after all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast