vCash

The Simpsons- figure skating moves on 9/25 episode

Did anyone else notice the 3 loop and camel- (cannonball) sit spin combination that one of the "bad guys" did on The Simpsons, most recent new episode on 9/25?

I was impressed that the animators actually bothered to draw the jump with correct technique, as opposed to what we normally see.

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    I remember an episode of America Dad where the skating moves were not only correct, but also correctly identified by the characters. so good to see! I'll look for the Simpsons episode (They had an old Simpsons episode with a Michelle Kwan character, and her jumps were definitely not real skating jumps )

vCash
    I thought it was great that they set part of the episode at a rink in the heretofore unseen "Little Ukraine" part of Springfield. Poor Homer under the ice with a straw! I did notice one of the costumed skaters stated that he had won a bronze in Nagano. Now who could that be? hmmmm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    (They had an old Simpsons episode with a Michelle Kwan character, and her jumps were definitely not real skating jumps )
    I remember (a loooooooong time ago) one of the posters checking out the jump she did in this episode in slow-mo, and s/he thought it looked like a reverse *Quad* Lutz, and landed solidly on a back inside edge. Now I want to find a clip to confirm this!

vCash
    Michelle Kwan was in this episode:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homer_a...Hail_Mary_Pass

vCash
    Can we get clips up in here? This is awesome!

I remember the "Ice Princess" episode of Sailor Moon...most particularly Sailor Jupiter's 2A with practically no training. Ah, cartoon figure skating!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Glide2 View Post
    I did notice one of the costumed skaters stated that he had won a bronze in Nagano. Now who could that be? hmmmm.
    Whoever was in the Grinch costume and got shot in the eye by the flamethrower said, "Ahh, I won a silver medal in Nagano. Owww, and now this!"

Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Can we get clips up in here? This is awesome!

I remember the "Ice Princess" episode of Sailor Moon...most particularly Sailor Jupiter's 2A with practically no training. Ah, cartoon figure skating!
    I have that Simpsons clip, but if I upload it to YouTube, it would probably get taken down before it even gets the chance to finish processing. If anyone's interested in it, send me a message. But, the full episode will be on Fox.com on Monday.

Here's the Sailor Moon episode (in Japanese, English subtitles)! http://www.veoh.com/watch/v1539845yJ85bbG5 Man, oh, man, how nostalgic. Was that a quad axel at 18:46?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    I remember an episode of America Dad where the skating moves were not only correct, but also correctly identified by the characters. so good to see!
    I was surprised by that too. That episode was really funny as well.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    There was like a 10 episode anime about a figure skater who was trying to go for the 2006 (I think?) Olympics.

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepypanda View Post

Here's the Sailor Moon episode (in Japanese, English subtitles)! http://www.veoh.com/watch/v1539845yJ85bbG5 Man, oh, man, how nostalgic. Was that a quad axel at 18:46?!
    OMG That was AWESOME! hahaha, triple axel kick? Sit spin kick? A shout-out to Witt and Midori? EPIC!