Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_985361.html

"Pregnant Beyonce hates Jay-Z's smell now"

O-
    (who is anti anti-bacterial ... )

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Like I said, pregnancy can turn you into a K9 unit without the canine.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    You haven't smelled nothin' until you've smelled well-used hockey gear...
    During one labor dispute between the American Ballet Theatre dancers and management, the dancers union was trying to get the company to agree to dry clean the costumes regularly, instead of just at the end of the season.

Getting nowhere fast with the argument, one day the union reps wheeled in a rack of the dancers' costumes into the meeting room. Management could barely hold their stomachs, and the dancers' request was in the next contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    I use it but I'm not sure why.
    One reason is that we mostly wear tight clothing, and fabric holds stale sweat smells for a long time. We're not walking around in loose clothing, wraps, or barely clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Whenever someone is on their cell phone in a stall next to me I make sure to flush no less than 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post

What you don't seem to realize is:

2) deodorant doesn't work for everyone
    A Seattle friend once asked me to bring back a few deodorant sticks not available in Vancouver for his Vancouver friend who has to change deodorants every four-six months, because they stop working. It's a struggle for him to find something new that often.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Don't know how true it is, but I've heard that eating a lot of dairy products can affect how your body odour smells.
    http://www.active.com/nutrition/Arti...Taste-Like.htm

(I can't decide if it's cool or creepy that I got a link to this article in my email today.)
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    During one labor dispute between the American Ballet Theatre dancers and management, the dancers union was trying to get the company to agree to dry clean the costumes regularly, instead of just at the end of the season.

Getting nowhere fast with the argument, one day the union reps wheeled in a rack of the dancers' costumes into the meeting room. Management could barely hold their stomachs, and the dancers' request was in the next contract.
    I wish my kid's marching band had that. When my kids march in 110 degree weather; those uniforms are ripe by the end of the season.

I also know of someone who is allergic to an ingredient in deodorant. She had a heck of a time finding one that works.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Don't know how true it is, but I've heard that eating a lot of dairy products can affect how your body odour smells.
    I've heard the same about meat eaters - that vegetarians can smell them regardless of whether they use deodorant or have rank BO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    What you don't seem to realize is:

1) very few deodorants will combat the type of sweat you work up when you are working out in the gym

It's not necessary for deodorants to combat the actual sweat, but the smell. You can be very sweaty and still smell fine. And there's a huge difference between a little sweaty workout smell which a lot of people have and it bothers me not at all, vs. day old reeking nastiness that is so overpowering that people don't want to go near them, which is much fewer and far between, but when you encounter it, its frightening. And its my opinion that it can be controlled, I don't care what anyone says. Sorry if I wasn't specific enough in my original post.

And I don't think its that my culture smells great and other cultures as a whole don't. It's that the members of any culture who like to walk around and work out "au natural" are offensive.

I certainly don't smell like roses every second of every day. But I at least do a damned good job of staying neutral. If god forbid I was rushing out of the house and forgot to apply it or put a stick in my bag (which basically never happens- I have deodorant living in my backpack!), you can bet I'll be out to CVS on my lunch break and until then, taking routine trips to the bathroom to clean and dry. You do what you gotta do to be presentable!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    I've heard the same about meat eaters - that vegetarians can smell them regardless of whether they use deodorant or have rank BO.
    This is my ninth year as a vegetarian, and I don't think meat eaters smell any different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    It always creeps me out whenever I notice someone walking out of the bathroom stall, adjust his clothings and hair in the mirror and then walk right out the bathroom door. Ugh.
    Rocky Allen, a DJ for WPLJ in NYC, used to hold call-in contests involving people's actions in the public restrooms at places like Grand Central and Penn Station.

It went like this:

A staffer would hang out in a stall within the restroom with either a cell phone or a hidden microphone.

Two listeners are on the phone with the studio, waiting to play the contest. A little chit-chat while they wait for a pidgeon to walk into the restroom.

When someone walked into the bathroom, the staffer would quietly describe him/her. (Ex: Corporate desk jockey, shiny shoes, briefcase, glasses and a crew cut)

Rocky would ask the players to guess whether the pidgeon would WASH or NOT WASH after using the facilities. The staffer would narrate various things like "Looks in the mirror, glances at the paper and .... okay, he's going for the STALL... ooooo.... He's got shiny shoes and he's wearing aftershave at 6pm."

The staffer would stay and watch, reporting the results afterwards. Sometimes, his or her reaction would be the funniest part of the bit.
    (EWWWW! He not only didn't wash, he picked his nose before he left!)

The correct guess would win a prize like tickets to a concert or show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    There's nothing worse than talking to a person who has offensive breath or body odor. I can't imagine it in a hot, sweaty locker room environment.
    Bad breath/dirty teeth are the absolute worst for me. I'll take body odor over rancid, crypt breath any day.

Yes, yes, I know, some people can't help it...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    No,it's not cool,but if it were illegal to not wear D.O. it should also be illegal to wear spandex or lycra when you clearly don't have the figure for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    Because its really not necessary, everyone knows what I'm talking about and its not the whole race, but a definite chunk. And I am not even saying they are the only ones, far from it. But a higher percentage, yes...
    I don't. Though, judging from the context, you're using the word "race" when you probably mean "ethnicity" or "nationality".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrushka View Post
    No,it's not cool,but if it were illegal to not wear D.O. it should also be illegal to wear spandex or lycra when you clearly don't have the figure for it.
    But that's only hard on the eyes...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I'm with lanierb and Aimless on this one. And I don't think Aimless was advocating for people never ever showering

Yes, being next to a sweaty stinky person at the gym can be annoying, especially if your workout involves using a piece of equipment for a set amount of time and so does theirs so you're just stuck there together....but IT'S A GYM. People are supposed to get sweaty.
    ITA.

vCash
    Wow. I'm actually astounded by this thread. Its one of the most disgusting things I've ever read here and I actually can't believe someone is getting away with being a racist prat.

vCash
    It really is harder for some people to control BO. I had one family member, like genevieve, who for some time, just had a very hard time controlling her BO. The only unfortunate difference was that it lasted a couple of years. She was just starting puberty and no matter how many times she showered, washed up and reapplied deodorant, she just had BO issues. It really wasn't her fault. Now that she is older, it's no longer a problem. However, I imagine that children are even worse nitpicking bastards about this issue than adults. I can't imagine what she went through in school.

As for the gym, I don't notice people's smells. I mean sweat stinks and I know some people recycle their gym clothes a few times before washing them so, it doesn't bother me. People are suppose to sweat at the gym. What disgusts me are things that people can control like not washing your hands after using the toilet. That always disgusts me. I never got that. I mean it takes 30 seconds!
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OliviaPug View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_985361.html

"Pregnant Beyonce hates Jay-Z's smell now"

O-
    (who is anti anti-bacterial ... )
    If I were her, I'd be more worried about how the baby looks when it's born. She sure don't need to be worrying about how Jay-Z smells...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    If I were her, I'd be more worried about how the baby looks when it's born. She sure don't need to be worrying about how Jay-Z smells...
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    And its my opinion that it can be controlled, I don't care what anyone says.
    And IMO you are a racist twit who is overly obsessed with hygiene.

Quote Originally Posted by gingercrush View Post
    Wow. I'm actually astounded by this thread. Its one of the most disgusting things I've ever read here and I actually can't believe someone is getting away with being a racist prat.
    Define "get away with it." I'm pretty sure haribobo hasn't made a lot of new friends from this thread and definitely has been taken to task several times.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    With any luck the kid will take after his mother.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast