Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    When I did a show overseas (a country where they are notorious for not bathing often) the dressers were constantly being told to wear deodorant. Nothing worse than coming off for a quick change panting and breathing deep and these dressers would lift their arms to take your helmet off and they smelt like ripe ass. I also got off the train one time at peak hour when there were no seats left and many people had their arms up to hang onto the overhead railing (in the same country) and turned and yelled "Don't you people shower over here?" Body odours are rancid.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    You can smell this one even before they enter the rink.

Some smokers are just putrid after they have been out for a fag.

Although I also find people who overdose themselves on perfume can be just as bad.
    Heavy perfume application can be bad/overpowering to many, but at least it's not in a nasty, sweaty, stinky body odor way...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    When I did a show overseas (a country where they are notorious for not bathing often) the dressers were constantly being told to wear deodorant. Nothing worse than coming off for a quick change panting and breathing deep and these dressers would lift their arms to take your helmet off and they smelt like ripe ass. I also got off the train one time at peak hour when there were no seats left and many people had their arms up to hang onto the overhead railing (in the same country) and turned and yelled "Don't you people shower over here?" Body odours are rancid.
    Oh, come on...what country??
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    why do you know this?
    Hubby plays hockey. Mini Ice too. I need a separate house.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I despise B.O. and the people who cluelessly (or not) emit it. One of the dancers at the bar I used to work part-time would not wear deodorant. His lover at the time, a doctor (!), was fragrance-free too, and preferred his LOVAH the same way. Apparently it turned some customers on. "My phermones can arouse people" he'd brag. It made my eyes water. I used to at him whenever a customer told him to go away because he smelled. It happened several times. He'd shrug his shoulders and walk away like it was no big deal, but I'd laugh....don't be coming up to me smelling like ass and armpit....
    I'm reminded of that old Brothers Johnson song:

Get the funk outta my face
    GET the FUNK outta my face...

vCash
    You sound like a major prude and honestly if you have that much of an issue with the way a gym smells then you probably shouldn't go there. Yes, and you are racist as well.

vCash
    Lainer- Its not all the people at the gym, I'm talking about how one or two people can ruin an area of the gym I otherwise love. Which just so happened to be where the only available cardio machines were. And its a cultural thing in that race. It is fact that a good number people of that race do not wear deodorant (obviously not all). And I'm fine with people doing things according to culture but when you come to the gym smelling like you just rolled around in a sewer, that's taking it too far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    I'm reminded of that old Brothers Johnson song:

Get the funk outta my face
    GET the FUNK outta my face...
    Thanks for the morning giggle, civ!!! Made my morning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    more people should swim
    This bring up a problem with people not bothering to shower being entering the pool.

vCash
    I know it's an unpopular view but for gods sake, we're mammals. there are genetic reasons for our smells. That's why you all react so strongly to them. May I suggest that you could have bigger thoughts about what's going on here? The big drug corporations have convinced us that their stuff smells better than our stuff and we've bought the whole package. I use it but I'm not sure why. It's a silly commercial social convention that further alienates us from the beings that we truly are. I used to date a guy who was in the merchant marine and we would be separated for two months or more. When he came home I'd meet him at the airport and bury my nose in his armpit and inhale as if I'd been suffocating. He smelled great to me, mildly tangy and so masculine. Thank heaven the feminine deodorant sprays didn't really catch on.
    You're sure you want laws about this? Keep the laws off my body please.
    Rant over. I know no one will agree with me.

vCash
    Note to self: Don't open this thread while you're eating.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    This bring up a problem with people not bothering to shower being entering the pool.
    I noticed this on the Carnival cruise I went on a few years back. People got right out of bed, threw on their swimsuits and ensconced themselves in the pools and Jacuzzis, without bothering to shower first.

I did not use those facilities.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    I used to date a guy who was in the merchant marine and we would be separated for two months or more.
    Well its possible to have sexy natural smells. In the right scenario its can be hot. I'm talking about when it goes too far and it just crosses way over to rank and overbearing. When you smell as though you haven't showered in days, its a problem when you are inflicting it amongst others in a confined space like the gym. If we allow ourselves to be as we were created, people would be walking around with unibrows, hairy everything, smells galore. Society has changed. Its not the stone ages anymore. Let's respect the changing times and put a fecking stick of deodorant on from time to time. Not that hard.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    Oh, come on...what country??
    Probably the one that agreed to pay for that show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    I know it's an unpopular view but for gods sake, we're mammals. there are genetic reasons for our smells. That's why you all react so strongly to them. May I suggest that you could have bigger thoughts about what's going on here? The big drug corporations have convinced us that their stuff smells better than our stuff and we've bought the whole package. I use it but I'm not sure why. It's a silly commercial social convention that further alienates us from the beings that we truly are. I used to date a guy who was in the merchant marine and we would be separated for two months or more. When he came home I'd meet him at the airport and bury my nose in his armpit and inhale as if I'd been suffocating. He smelled great to me, mildly tangy and so masculine. Thank heaven the feminine deodorant sprays didn't really catch on.
    You're sure you want laws about this? Keep the laws off my body please.
    Rant over. I know no one will agree with me.
    I agree. One, some people cannot control how they smell, no matter how often they shower. Two, Americans didn't start daily bathing until the late 70s when the young baby boomers being launched into the world were told that they shouldn't smell like they did hard labor. Many in the WWII generation did everything possible to insure that their kids didn't have to work with their hands, and it was very much a status symbol to have an indoor job where one didn't get all sweaty and smelly. Three, marketing, as so well described by Aimless.

Anyone else remember the Saturday night bath?
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Well, Aimless, one of my sister-in-law's rotating BFFs (don't ask) agrees with you. She is being "natural" now and showers about every two weeks without soap, no longer shampoos her hair and does not use any personal hygiene products. She also does not use fuel, so she walks everywhere. SiL considered banning her from her business during the worst heat waves (95 degrees plus) this summer. She absolutely reeks.

I would suggest that as population density has grown and society, cleanliness has become more of a necessity. In the magical "all-natural" pre-history/ancient history times everyone loves to evoke, we didn't operate in such close proximity to one another inside with no fires to cover the smells. Our daily interactions have changed and our hygiene has changed with that. Ms. All-Natural could have reeked outside in a small ancient village without people being too close to her and she could have reeked inside and her smell would have been covered by the smells of the fire keeping everyone warm. She also would not have been working in an unventilated room full of cubicles with recycled air. Things change. Plus we invented indoor plumbing and showers for our houses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    You haven't smelled nothin' until you've smelled well-used hockey gear...
    True. I was unfortunate enough to experience first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    I wanna know what's the country.

Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    What about those not bothering to pee before entering the pool?
    You know, never be too close to the man who measures how much pee is in the pool: it's better not to know. At least as long as you're in it.

---

I had a boyfriend once, that would wear the same clothes two days in a row. It was almost a deal breaker for me. I knew something smelled (bad joke) there. Indeed, we broke up anyway.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Does this mean all adolescent boys have to be arrested?
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    I hate smelly people, too. Like, really. And I've been known to take a quick shower before the gym if I'm afraid I'll reek. I have an awful knee-jerk assumption that smelly people are lazy or otherwise useless. But it's just one aspect of them, and I'm in the wrong for being so judgemental. And to outlaw? Reacting this badly? Seriously?

If you're not racist, why are you heistant to name the cultures/countries that are so offensive to your olfactory senses? You know, if it's just a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    You haven't smelled nothin' until you've smelled well-used hockey gear...
    5/5 Canadians would agree. There was even abeer commercial dealing with it.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Sometimes it is as much about washing your gym clothes as it is about showering/deodorant. There was a guy in my ballet school who reeked to high heaven in class. My guy friends told me he used to hang up his t-shirt, tights, and jockstrap in the locker room and wear them again the next day.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast