Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Terra Nova

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    I'm a big fan. I didn't see last night's episode (if there was one-is it next week?) But we tivo them. I happen to have a mighty crush on the white haired dude. There needs to be a sex symbol for us more mature women! I think he is pretty fine!
    Yep you are right about Stephen Lang but it is not just matured women who find him a total hottie! But I do not think last week had a new episode. I hope this thing comes out on DVD soon. I want a momento of this series.

vCash
    The series final was tonight and I hope the show come back! Did you pick up on what the final minutes of the show was hinting at?! Brilliant! I love it! And how cool was T-Rex?!

vCash
    Yeah, the last episode was quite good. It's a shame that the pilot and the finale were the best episodes of the series; the middle was just fair. It had a lot of potential; so why did they decide not to add the "bigger" scope of the series till the very end? Having people come in to Terra Nova to strip mine seemed like an awful letdown after all the buildup the Sixers and Lucas got. Now, mysterious stuff in the Badlands I can get behind, but they waited too long and now the show is done. :p

Hopefully it will get picked up again but I'm not holding my breath! Shame.

vCash
    The pilot was a mess from start to finish. It made every people in the fanbase of science fiction show laugh their a$$ off ! Yes the pilot was that bad and received a LOT of awfull review.
    Did the show get better ? Nope. Too much money put there for nothing IMO. The jurassic park themed was way cranky, the family views annoying at best ...

And knowing THAT got picked over better shows like Virtuality killed it in my mind
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    I think the mysterious stuff in the badlands is:

Spoiler

That would be sooooo cool!

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    The pilot was a mess from start to finish. It made every people in the fanbase of science fiction show laugh their a$$ off ! Yes the pilot was that bad and received a LOT of awfull review.
    Did the show get better ? Nope. Too much money put there for nothing IMO. The jurassic park themed was way cranky, the family views annoying at best ...

And knowing THAT got picked over better shows like Virtuality killed it in my mind
    Well, I am not a science fiction show fan, and I didn't have any pre-conceived expectations, and I rather enjoyed it. I didn't mind the family dynamics. They seemed like nice people to me. Overall I liked it. I do hope it comes back.

vCash
    Right, the science is/was a bit off but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the dynamics of the show, when there are dynamics to enjoy.

Am I the only person who thinks it would be more interesting if Terra Nova split its time between Terra Nova and 2149? I dunno, I find that whole landscape fascinating. Call it the apocalypse freak in me.

vCash
    I think it would be nice if they could find a way to travel through time and yep even back to 2149 and find out exactly who is behind Phoenix Group.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I was expecting the finale to tidy things up, but they certainly left it open for another season so maybe there's still hope out there in the badlands and the portal to another season isn't permantly gone.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Based on this report, the producers of the show are making a lot of moves preparing for a possible season two, involving the actors and securing new writers:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/12/terr...medium=twitter

vCash
    I have always thought Steven Lang was a hottie.

Well, if CBS doesn't want it, maybe SyFi channel will.

vCash
    Lang is a BIG reason I watch this show. This guy rocks and I love seeing a matured actor who is a total hottie. Not that the other dudes on the show aren't in there own right.

vCash
    I'm not a big SciFi guy, but I like this show. Are there issues with it? Sure, the Josh Shannon charactor is terrible, not sure if it's the actor or how it's written, but it doesn't work. And I'd like to see more dinosaurs frankly. I hope it gets picked up, but I am guessing it wont.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    I have always thought Steven Lang was a hottie.

Well, if CBS doesn't want it, maybe SyFi channel will.
    Ahem. SciFi is already producing at least one BSG sequel / prequel. So no money to get there.

And there are so many good shows to pick from, Terra Nova sadly isn't one of them.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Well call me a hopeless optimist but I will continue to hope the show survives at least for a couple more seasons. I love this show. Then again it is never too hard to get me to fall for a sci-fi series as long as it has nothing to do with vampires or warewolves etc. LOL

vCash
    Just watched the last two hours tonight, and I must say that it was worth watching the whole season just to see that T-Rex....well...I don't want to write anything like a spoiler....but DAMN! That was FINE! Richard and I were like on the floor going YES!!! EAT THE BASTARDS! It was PERFECT. If Terra Nova is gone, I will be sad, because what they brought up at the end is a fascinating idea. And I agree with Buzz about what it could be, and it is sure more interesting than most of the drivel I try not to watch on other shows.

If anyone finds a source to write or petition to keep this on theair, let me know.

vCash
    Is there any word yet on the future of the show yet?

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    No idea. But is that a fork handle coming out of its back??
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Well, the Fox guy who is going to make the decision made two interesting comments....1) that the show was "searching" a bit for direction in it's storyline...and 2) Fox made money on the show. The first can be fixed and the second may very well mean it gets another chance. Here's hoping...

vCash
    Here's hoping it will survive-if it made money, they probably won't kill it.

But for now, I can turn my attention to the third season of Justified starting next Wednesday, featuring the delicious Mr. Olyphant.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast