Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    I actually think their SP is pretty solid right now, both elements and presentation.

The FS needs some work.

vCash
    ^^ Sure, but as others have posted already, it might have been better for them to vary the style of their lp. ITA re more dramatic, movie soundtrack music with Denney bringing back the haircut and energy that made her standout. She looks bland lyrical wannabe right now. Maybe their team listened too much to the initial criticism from fans re Y/C being so wonderful, and Y so lyrical and balletic, and aspersions cast at D for lacking polish and lyrical qualities. If they had the gumption to break up a partnership to form a new team, why not be bolder in doing what suits the new team instead of caving to criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    Distance and the ability to provide objective analysis. This is not to say that the people here across the board are always right or better than those doing it or anything like that. But at times they are. And when you throw money and personal relationships and location and other priorities in the mix, things get muddied, and its not always possible for skaters to seek other choreographers and ballet classes and all those things. As fans of skating who have seen a lot, if someone asks, what can skater X do to improve, many FSUers can provide solid advice. And skating parents and coaches totally run the gamut from extremely educated to quite ignorant about the history of skating. Some coaches are in it more to pass on a lifelong love of the sport and others probably a bit more for the financial aspect so you get all kinds of stuff going on with their students and then each pupil picks things up differently also. Some coaches have had successful technical skaters with lacking presentation, but the skaters stay with the coach because of convenience and good results. So what can you do? I just think we have to hope that skaters will eventually do what is best for them and some will improve and others won't and that's much of the reason why the sport is so fascinating to watch unfold every season.
    ITA

Re the Hartsells, shan, I too enjoyed watching them for their speed and attack (hint, hint, D/C), even though they were not especially my favorite pair team back then.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123