Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    They are both from Ukraine, that's why.
    I see. are you saying that everyone from USA looks like you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    More like half the population.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I really liked their back-to-back spiral, he has unusually long and elegant leg line.
    So do I. I don't give a rat's patootie what music any skater uses as long as the choreography seems to have a purpose. I wouldn't care if every skater used the same music over and over. Each performance is different. That spiral sequence is gorgeous and would be if they were skating to the ABC theme.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    LOL. It was meant to be a joke.

vCash
    Actualy, the SP does remind me Savchenko and Szolkowy, but not the programs you posted. More like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dTRXjUo72c

Rockin' S/S! Thanks for posting. How inventive and creative, and my God, what range! Who else could get away with this program, not to mention their Send in the Clowns program -- the costumes and the concept, combined with kickin' choreo and stellar technical skills? I do beg to differ tho', cause the program you posted with rock-star music is all S/S/S and nothing close to the exploratory but somewhat tepid sp of V/T this season. As the season progresses, of course V/T sp could improve, but again, I agree with the posters who decry the music, costumes and too much S/S wannabe style of this sp. If V/T desire to copy S/S style, they need to make it their own, as P/T did at 2010 Olympics.

Not quite. Trankov is better looking than Szolkowy ...
    Ya think!? I definitely disagree!!! Robin Szolkowy is no slouch in the handsome hottie department. His voice alone sends chills up my spine, his face and his bod ... smokin hot! Trankov is quite sexy and handsome too, but I would not try to compare their looks. To each his own, of course.

vCash
    Szolkowy has the best butt in figure skating
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Szolkowy has the best butt in figure skating
    Amen!

Szolkowy = Stellar assets ... superb partnering skills.

S/S/S threesome, a match made in pairs fs heaven.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 10-02-2011 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Robin's last name is such a tongue-twisting spelling challenge

vCash
    I don't care for V/T's program whatsover. S/S style has more interesting choregraphy and costumes than that. To be frank I think one thing S/S have going for them that V/T don't have is Steur's great choregraphy.

vCash
    What's the point to discuss the music which is already dropped by the team? Sounds like nobody saw their SP in Bratislava.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fashionista View Post
    What's the point to discuss the music which is already dropped by the team? Sounds like nobody saw their SP in Bratislava.
    What exactly was the change in music? It sounded the same to me.

Nebelhorn SP

Ondrej Nepela Memorial SP

vCash
    couldnt they just move to moskvina?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    couldnt they just move to moskvina?
    Why should they move to Moskvina? Their closest competitors train there. Moskvina has two high level pairs, so I don't think she would take them on anyway.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Besides, Moser isn't the issue, Morosovian choreography is. Yet, so far, it is doing what it's supposed to do, i.e., garnering the points. I would love to see them with something from someone more creative, but if that isn't going to happen, will settle to see them having long-sought success before whatever comes next in their lives.

(really wish they could re-work the "Lady and the Hooligan" program that M/T had a few years ago though...)
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Why should they move to Moskvina? Their closest competitors train there. Moskvina has two high level pairs, so I don't think she would take them on anyway.
    on the dance field, team shpilband-zueva had three high level couples, so why not three high level pairs?

vCash
    I can't read Russian, but it looks like V/T gave a recent interview here about their programs after Nebelhorn:

Interview

Anyone willing to translate or give a quick summary of what they say?

vCash
    on the dance field, team shpilband-zueva had three high level couples, so why not three high level pairs?
    You have a point, but we're talking about Shpilband(sp?) and Zueva here. It seems they will take any elite team if they feel they can handle it, I guess.
    I get the impression that Moskvina is more selective in who she works with. She wants to give each one plenty of time and individual attention.
    I think I've read a couple of interviews to that effect, anyways.
    Last edited by aemeraldrainc; 10-05-2011 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Grammar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    You have a point, but we're talking about Shpilband(sp?) and Zueva here. It seems they will take any elite team if they feel they can handle it, I guess.
    I get the impression that Moskvina is more selective in who she works with. She wants to give each one plenty of time and individual attention.
    I think I've read a couple of interviews to that effect, anyways.
    Moskvina already coached Trankov once and the relationship didn't work out for what ever reason - he/they were shipped off to Dmitriev then Oleg. I don't see their coach as being as problem; why is everyone wanting them to leave her? I'm not sure the choreography is the problem either as much as the new rules. Give the choreography a chance, they haven't lost with yet.

vCash
    Because the couples under Zoueva are competing for different countries (not counting Shibutanies, because they have been lower level than the other two couples), whereas under Moskvina it would be three teams from the same country. I think too much stress for them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12