Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash

Revenge - Season One

Wednesdays at 10pm on ABC. Seems like from the TV dramas thread that this show is getting the most attention, so deserves it's own thread!

If you haven't been tuning in like everyone else at FSU then check out this 9 minute Sneak Peak.

Or a prime beefcake moment.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I like Revenge but like I said I doubt that there is enough material for a multi season tv series. But I will stay tuned for now.

vCash
    I love Emily VanCamp, so I tuned in last week. It definitely held my interest and Emily's various dresses were GORGEOUS. I agree that it's hard to imagine this show lasting multiple seasons, but I'll be watching for now as well.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    If the show is renewed midseason, then I'd bet that Daniel survived or that wasn't him on the beach. In that case, Emily/Amanda can move into the Grayson mansion (her rental will be up) with her fiancee and cause all sorts of chaos. That should get them through at least one full season.

vCash
    I was wondering how they would keep this show going as well, but I'm sure they have thought of that if they decided to make this a show.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Not really a spoiler as it could be nothing but just in case:

Spoiler

I think they could extend this in a variety of ways. There's much speculation already that Daniel is not dead by the end of the summer, which could open up all kinds of things - who it actually is, where Daniel might be, if he's run off or he's working with Emily in some way.

Another option is the original crime and frameup of her father - a lot more could come out in the case that makes it more complicated, so we end up with as much a mystery unraveling as a simple revenge on all the people in that picture. Already they've told us that there's an underlying scheme beyond a simple frameup in the argument between Victoria and her husband that hinted at the real motivations for what happened. Then we get into all the grey areas of who is really good or evil, and who might actually want to work *with* Emily, whether they know what she's doing or not.

Plus, everyone seems to have secrets.

One thing to keep an eye out for - might be worth rewatching - is who was at the engagement party. In other words, who has yet to be killed or sent back to the city in disgrace by the end of the summer. Victoria's whole family was there (inc daughter), boat guy was alive but apparently not invited to the party but his brother was there, tech billionaire is also there, and I think her friend the party planner?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i love tv murder! i hope that my new show jinx doesnt extend to revenge.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    One of the links I provided in my first post was of episode two, and I started thinking, "damn, have I already missed an episode???" Luckily that was a sneak preview. Whew!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I like Revenge but like I said I doubt that there is enough material for a multi season tv series. But I will stay tuned for now.
    The first year might be about Emily's revenge, and the havoc that ensues. Which would set up year two, Victoria Grayson's (Madeleine Stowe) revenge. Which would set up year three, the revenge of...? Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    There's much speculation already that Daniel is not dead by the end of the summer, which could open up all kinds of things - who it actually is, where Daniel might be, if he's run off or he's working with Emily in some way.
    TV Goddesses...PLEASE don't kill of the hottest guy on the show!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i love tv murder! i hope that my new show jinx doesnt extend to revenge.
    I loved American Dreams and October Road (not t.v. murders). At least they both lasted more than one season!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I'm borrowing some posts from the TV dramas thread as episode two is fast approaching and wanted some good thoughts to use to bump up this thread.

Major zing with that I hope your husband is feeling better.

I'm hooked. I hope this succeeds because I want to see how she brings them down and why. Will hot boat boy figure out who she is? The dog knew.
    Um, LOVED Revenge. I'm hooked.

Madeleine Stowe is an incredible bitch. Emily VanCamp is great, too...liked her on Brothers & Sisters and glad I was too lazy to turn the tv off after after Modern Family.

The cast seems to have that instant chemistry which is important in a new show. Hopefully it can survive....but this is a tough timeslot, right?
    LOVED pretty much everything about Revenge. I like The Ringer too but in terms of adult soap operas, Revenge is just superior. Also, I don't want to be alone in a dark alley with Madeleine Stowe--she'd kick my ass!
    Ratings for last week's 10pm shows (much thanks, AliasJohnDoe!):

CBS: "CSI" season premiere (12.6 million, 7.8/13)
    ABC: "Revenge" series premiere (10.15 million, 6.7/11)
    NBC: "Law & Order: SVU" season premiere (7.6 million, 5.0/8)

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I am tearing myself away from the insanity of baseball so I can get back into Revenge mode. Can't wait for the show tonight!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    We have had bad storms tonight and the damn satellite is acting a fool. I guess I will have to watch tomorrow online.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Whoa. Arrow to the gut. One more red X.

And, it looks like multiple people will be out for revenge.
    Last edited by rfisher; 09-29-2011 at 03:46 AM.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    So good. So intense.

People better watch out! I like that Emily/Amanda isn't the only one seeking revenge; in a situation like hers is turning out to be, more than one person gets hurt. I can't wait to see everything unfold, the storyline is fantastic. It might not last for too many seasons, but I'd rather see it be only three seasons tops than have it run on and on with no clear intentions or end in sight just to keep it going.

I'm forgetting the man's name, but poor Jack's Dad Also, I really just want to see Emily loosen up and cuddle with the puppy at some point!

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Emily had better watch out for Nolan, he's a loose cannon who may have a crush on boat guy and start blabbing to people to fit in. I'm not sure I buy his grateful routine that Emily's dad was the only one to believe in his upstart company. He said the same thing to her in the same way in the first episode.

vCash
    I love this show. Haven't enjoyed a drama so much since Lost!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    Emily had better watch out for Nolan, he's a loose cannon who may have a crush on boat guy and start blabbing to people to fit in. I'm not sure I buy his grateful routine that Emily's dad was the only one to believe in his upstart company. He said the same thing to her in the same way in the first episode.
    I agree. I don't think we know his whole story by a long shot.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    I don't think I've ever been this excited about a network drama. I do worry about the thinness of the plot. I'd rather see them do a really strong two seasons and end it than try to drag it three or four seasons.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    I love that Emily slept with Lydia's husband. The Hedge Fund Guy has to know that Emily must know that he was conned by Emily. Maybe Lydia and Hedge Fund Guy (who always plays jerks on television) can pair up and go after Emily--PLEASE!

The Revenge story tonight shows how little Emily cares about the collateral damage. A lot of those employees had nothing to do with the conspiracy and are now out of work (and poorer--they probably have money in those investments).

I'm still trying to figure what Nolan wants from Jack. Just, so Jack can pick at Emily/Amanda?

vCash
    I'm really liking Revenge too. Glad we have our own thread for it.

Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast