Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

What (who?) next for Jana Khokhlova?

Time for a new thread since the old one is over 1000 posts.

According to him, athletes of Jana's level (European champion and World medalist) cannot be wasted. Most likely she will seek a new partner.

Main Offender
    cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    My choice would be Ivan Volobuev. He's 20 I think and awesome.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Sad for Fedor.

on the rink doing synchronized spirals with Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen, Shawn Sawyer, Alissa Czisny, Rohene Ward, Yukina Ota, Caroline Zhang & Mirai Nagasu
    vCash
    I hope she finds someone soon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    That. He's very promising and there isn't really anybody better available around, is there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    I third this. He has a very dramatic style of skating which would mesh well with hers. Oh PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE - somebody out there - suggest this to her!!!

vCash
    K/A never really materialized, unfortunately.

Jana is so talented. She deserves another world medal. I hope she can find her "Trankov!"

living every minute
    vCash
    I liked Finnice's suggestion of John Kerr from the last thread. Complicated as to countries though.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato

vCash
    Volobuiev is the only choice IMO but the coach thing is an obstacle. She didn't part in good terms with Svinin/Zhuk. After him.. umm what happened with the lost post Torino generation of dancers??? Sergeev, Maximishin, Grachev?? will any of these be willing to un-retire ala Blanchard..

If she goes for internationals again what about Sergei Verbillo? He was similar to Novitski, decent skater and the UKR-RUS nationalities issues I believe are much easier to work out.

vCash
    I hope she finds a new partner. I thought she was ok with Andreev, but I'm not that sad that they're done, since she really deserves much better than him and wasn't going to get much farther than Russian Nationals with him, IMO.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    If she goes for internationals again what about Sergei Verbillo? He was similar to Novitski, decent skater and the UKR-RUS nationalities issues I believe are much easier to work out.
    With Andreev, she didn't go international. He's a Russian citizen, which simplified matters,
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    I hope she finds someone who she doesn't have to hold back around. Jana is more talented than a lot of teams combined that have won world and Oly medals, plus she's so cool with how she pulls such extreme idea's off. She deserves to have her Volosozhar/Trankov moment.

I actually really like the idea of her skating with John Kerr a lot!! But that would be a citizenship I would love to see Jana switch countries

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    She didn't part in good terms with Svinin/Zhuk.
    From the same article: http://www.mn.ru/newspaper_sport/201...305223178.html

As Yana's former coach Alexander Svinin said, if there were available partners in Russia, Yana wouldn't have to look for someone abroad. "We maintain good relations with Yana. She is in excellent shape. If everything works out well for her and she needs our help, we will not refuse. We don't abandon our students."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    I hope she finds someone who she doesn't have to hold back around. Jana is more talented than a lot of teams combined that have won world and Oly medals, plus she's so cool with how she pulls such extreme idea's off. She deserves to have her Volosozhar/Trankov moment.

I actually really like the idea of her skating with John Kerr a lot!! But that would be a citizenship I would love to see Jana switch countries
    If Russia can fast forward his citizenship, can't he compete at the worlds this year since his last competition was at europeans 2011 (i Know this is not going to happen). Same things can be said of Jana she could also compete at the 2012 worlds for GBR if UK can fast forward the citizenship (not going to happen as well.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post
    i hope this is his way of offering an olive branch - and telling her she is welcome back. Maybe he thinks Volobuev would be ideal for her as well.

[I live in hope.]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post

Amen! ITA.

Personally, I'd like to see her back with her old coaches. For me, they are the best choreographers in Russia today. Just looking at the JGP, most of the dances I've really liked have all come from those coaches.

vCash
    I sure hope she finds a new partner soon! Did not think that Andreew was a good choice, more like a waste of time, but did not expect the partnership to end because of an injury.

vCash
    arkadi sergeev would be great for her; it´s a shame, he and mikhailova never matched to stay long enough to achieve great results; they were gorgeous with excellent skills.

i hope yana quickly finds someone worth new, we can´t loose another great diva of this sport. i´m still getting used to never seeing maria mukhortova again

vCash
    For those of us not following the other thread. Is Andreev injured?

vCash
    Yana speaks:

http://sport.ria.ru/figure_skating/2...444514108.html

"I cannot say anything definite yet. The situation is not entirely clear to me. At the moment we still have some reserve, we will consider [different possibilities]. The most important thing now is to decide what I want for myself and what my future will be. And, you know, it's a creative process. I can't say now when I will make the final decision," - Khokhlova said in a phone interview.

"He was injured during practice in the end of June, and underwent different examinations. His decision wasn't a surprise to me. It happened. Unfortunately."

Khokhlova added that she doesn't know who could become her partner. "The team is fully packed right now, we have very good young couples. There are no partners available. But we'll see."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast