Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Fun ep tonight. Will's sisters were annoying! at them thinking Kalinda and Will were an item.

I wonder how Peter's decision to hire his friend will affect Peter's relationship with Cary going forward.

And what was up with that long (at least 3 mins?) sparkly Cartier commercial? I felt like I had been teleported into one of Tinami's dreams.

vCash
    I know, I had to click on the remote to make sure that it was still on the right channel. It was quite the commercial.

Good show, I like how Kalinda and Alisha are working together and how Kalinda's forecast of the *new one is like a piranha* is proving out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    Fun ep tonight. Will's sisters were annoying! at them thinking Kalinda and Will were an item.

I wonder how Peter's decision to hire his friend will affect Peter's relationship with Cary going forward.

And what was up with that long (at least 3 mins?) sparkly Cartier commercial? I felt like I had been teleported into one of Tinami's dreams.
    Liked the commercial and Merritt Wever as Will's sister--she is a hoot on "Nurse Jackie."

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    ohmigosh!!! I forgot how amazing this show is. And I forgot how the previous episode ended...until five seconds into tonight's episode when I thought, "ohmigod, they are going to go AT IT!!!!"

The glare Jackie gave Alicia when she said, "I have time"! (When Alicia coolly asked her, "do you have time"?) It was like Jackie was saying, "I'm ready to play in the big leagues (boy, was she!!!). And later, Alicia's line: "I'm a lawyer...watch me".

Then Alan Cummings. AMAZING!!!!

And then Alicia going in to Mike Kresteva's (Matthew Perry) office. When she slowly walks toward him....step...step...step. Mike cowers backwards (ever so slightly...) Alicia: "stop...lying...about...me".

And the scene between Peter and Jackie: intense!!! Talk about two strong-willed people! Mary Beth Peil as Jackie is so beyond amazing. She SO deserves an Emmy! Her bit in the hospital...waving Alicia to her, making Alicia come in real close: "I forgive you". WOW!!!!!

I can't believe how amazing the writers and directors of this show are. They exceed my expectations by so much so continuously!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    And then Alicia going in to Mike Kresteva's (Matthew Perry) office. When she slowly walks toward him....step...step...step. Mike cowers backwards (ever so slightly...) Alicia: "stop...lying...about...me".
    Who knew that Chandler could be so evil and lie so easily?

I had the same reaction to tonight's show. Fantastic show.

And the scene between Peter and Jackie: intense!!! Talk about two strong-willed people! Mary Beth Peil as Jackie is so beyond amazing. She SO deserves an Emmy! Her bit in the hospital...waving Alicia to her, making Alicia come in real close: "I forgive you". WOW!!!!!
    Those scenes were both awesome. It was about time Peter stood up to mommy.

I can't believe how amazing the writers and directors of this show are. They exceed my expectations by so much so continuously!
    This is definitely one of the best written shows on tv. And very well acted.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    This was a great ep - but we wuzrobbed (I'm assuming) of future Mr & ex-Mrs Gold shenanigans

Oh Jackie....so evil
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Though I enjoyed the episode, I just can't believe Alicia is walking into this knowing that their "happy family" charade is just that: a charade. I don't find it believable.

Chandler was slimy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    Though I enjoyed the episode, I just can't believe Alicia is walking into this knowing that their "happy family" charade is just that: a charade. I don't find it believable.

Chandler was slimy.
    I don't think Alicia is trying to make it look like they are the "happy family" but only that she supports Peter is his run for the governorship.

Grandma, Grandma, Grandma -- what tricks you have been up to. Seems like she is still trying to trump Alicia with her "I forgive you" line. Forgive what?

Great episode all around - at least to me. More please!
    Crazy about sports!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Grandma, Grandma, Grandma -- what tricks you have been up to. Seems like she is still trying to trump Alicia with her "I forgive you" line. Forgive what?
    I thought Jackie's stroke was a lie. Jackie felt that she had run into a dead end with both Alicia and Peter and seemingly had no cards left to play. Having a "stroke" meant that she would get sympathy and hopefully (for her), she would get the house and the family where they would need to take care of her. I don't think Jackie shows it outwardly, and maybe it's subconcious on some levels even to her, but she had the perfect son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren. I think she's angry with Alicia for not sucking it up and staying with a philandering husband. And now, either Alicia needs to go back to what Jackie wants, or get out of everybody's way and let Jackie have them all to herself. I think it's a case of an older woman living through her family instead of creating her own life instead of having those in her family simply be a part of her own life. Her family is her life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    Could you expand on that? Don't think I'm understanding you.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I didn't buy the stroke, just because I have a hard time believing Jackie would be well enough to be calling people (with no slurring or other speech issues) so soon after the event that no one even knew it had happened...but I can't imagine that a hospital would be engaged in her deceit So I just chalked it up to poor writing/direction that I choose to overlook. I mean, Peter would discover pretty quickly if she were there for something else, c'mon!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    So I would assume, the governor's election storyline will bring out Alicia's infidelity, so she better fess up to Peter sooner rather than later. Great episode....feel sorry for Eli's ex wife getting dumped.

vCash
    The 'I forgive you' - I thought it could mean, I forgive you (Alicia) for riling up Peter so much that he told me to back off - because whether the stroke was real or not, the whole house thing will not be an issue now. I'm guessing Jackie conveniently didn't have time to call off on the house before the hospital.

vCash
    I think Alicia is skeptical about the stroke too.

Something is still going to come of the house issue, especially since it sounds like Jackie misused the kids' trust funds to come up with the money for the down payment. But, I suspect that Jackie is going to claim that she can't live alone after the stroke and has to live with Peter and the kids. And Alicia will have to go with that or say that Jackie should go to a nursing home.

vCash
    sorry, yeah I meant that Jackie might somehow still get the house because the down payment was already made.

But I forgot what Alicia said about her using the kid's trust funds, so if true I'd imagine that will be an even bigger potential blowup in Jackie's face. I can't imagine Peter would be happy with that either.

vCash
    And if Jackie committed a criminal act, what would Peter do as Attorney General?

vCash
    I love my mother. I am her caretaker. But if that viper was my mother I would find the best assisted living facility her money could buy. Somehow once that subject arose I imagine Jackie would make a miraculous recovery. Great character for an actor to sink her chops into....and performed splendidly.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    Great episode....feel sorry for Eli's ex wife getting dumped.
    I wondered later why Eli didn't say to Vanessa (his ex), "while I can't officially work for you..." Or would it be too risky for his work with Peter to be working behind the scenes on Vanessa's campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by star_gazer11 View Post
    I'm guessing Jackie conveniently didn't have time to call off on the house before the hospital.
    I'm sure she was making the call when WHAM! the stroke hit!!! Should I have put the words the stroke in quotation marks?? Maybe I shouldn't joke about this...is it possible for someone to have tests done at a hospital when they have not had a stroke, yet fake symptoms so that staff might think it was a mild stroke??

Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    And if Jackie committed a criminal act, what would Peter do as Attorney General?
    Wow, good point. He should cuff her and take her to a slammer! But seriously, if she stole money, it would be risky for him not to address that. Maybe she had money held in one of her accounts unofficially for the kids so that Peter would save some money in taxes? So officially the money was Jackie's?

vCash
    And the scene between Peter and Jackie: intense!!!
    I loved how Peter dismissed her by saying "Thanks for coming in," as if she works for him.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    I wondered later why Eli didn't say to Vanessa (his ex), "while I can't officially work for you..." Or would it be too risky for his work with Peter to be working behind the scenes on Vanessa's campaign?
    I thought that's what Eli was going to do. He still might. He was just a consultant anyway, so what's to stop her from just calling him sometimes to ask for advice?

vCash
    ohmigosh!!! I forgot how amazing this show is. And I forgot how the previous episode ended...until five seconds into tonight's episode

I find the best way to see how I like a show, or to enjoy it, is to watch episodes back to back - like three per day. Without holiday breaks, or even weekly runs.

(I'm infact collecting Mad Men fifth season to watch in the summer).

That's how I watched The Good Wife fisrt season, and that's how I found out it's definitely one of the best shows currently airing. I LOVE it. I also adore Chigago, wich is perfect.

-- Historically speaking, some pretty great shows have been Gilmore Girls (amazing scripts, blowing references every single episode), Everwood (great storyline, beautiful estetics) and Sex and the City (also a pretty good idea, with well designed characters).

Who knew that Chandler could be so evil and lie so easily?
    Be evil and age. And it suits him! So weird.

Those scenes were both awesome. It was about time Peter stood up to mommy.
    Too soon to say. Mama is in on a hospital bed, and I bet sonny is already kicking himself.

Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Granny is obviously disturbed. I don't think she thinks Alicia has anything to be forgiven for, I think she's playing mind games while the situation gives her an advantage.

I thought that's what Eli was going to do. He still might. He was just a consultant anyway, so what's to stop her from just calling him sometimes to ask for advice?
    I don't think they could keep it between them. If anything, because a campaign move carries a signature, expecially if it's good: how many people would be in Eli's league on that?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast