Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

vCash
    Yipeeeeee, I'm not out of the loop! There is hope for me after all ... well maybe
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    This show is so good (not just the wife)!! It really seems flawless to me, every aspect so perfectly done. One show you definitely have to watch (rather than do stuff around the apartment while it airs in the background).

I like all the men that like Diane. Manly men!

Elsbeth is a great character, played by a great actress. Loved how she went after Wendy Scott Carr in such a sweet, subtle way...yet also ballsy and feet to the floor!

And Cary...while I watched his scene, I wondered if he was thinking, "if this firm (or any part of it) falls apart, it will be done by me...not with me in a supporting role..." But maybe he has moved on, which is great. The bitter, spiteful thing looks so much uglier as it goes on...and on...

Elsbeth is my new hero! (heroine) I detest Wendy Scott Carr and for some reason just can't call her by her first name---it has to be Wendy Scott Carr. I recognized Elsbeth from "True Blood" but didn't know she is married to the actor from "Lost" and "Person of Interest."

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    I detest Wendy Scott Carr...
    Aren't we supposed to hate her? Anika Noni Rose does a great job of playing her with such a dry smugness!

Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    I recognized Elsbeth from "True Blood" but didn't know she is married to the actor from "Lost" and "Person of Interest."
    Wow! Would not have guess that this was the same person! On True Blood she plays one of Sookie's fellow waitresses? She had the boyfriend who turned out real bad (can't remember exactly how...he was a demon or a murderer...or a murdering demon)?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    #1 - Guy that hit on Diane - Bryan Brown, still charming after all these years.
    Oh, that's who that was! I knew I'd seen him on TV and movies before, just couldn't remember the name.

Great episode last week and looking forward to tomorrow night.

vCash
    Aren't we supposed to hate her? Anika Noni Rose does a great job of playing her with such a dry smugness!

Wow! Would not have guess that this was the same person! On True Blood she plays one of Sookie's fellow waitresses? She had the boyfriend who turned out real bad (can't remember exactly how...he was a demon or a murderer...or a murdering demon)?
    Yes and I think he popped up again briefly in one Sookie's dreams? I went to IMDB because I'm terrible with names but Elsbeth is also Arlene and the actress is Carrie Preston. And ita about Anika Noni Rose: I have to give it to the whoever is casting that show---excellent choices imo.

vCash
    Ok-it has been on for seven minutes and may I just say that I LOVE Elsbeth and I love to hate Wendy Scott Card.

vCash
    OK, let me see if I got this straight in my head.
    There is a stack of files/folders that likely has some "stuff" in it that could hurt Will. Diane didn't come out and tell Kalinda to "get rid" of that stuff but the insinuation/look was there.
    Kalinda gives the "stuff" to the team going after Will. Kalinda doesn't look too pleased but does it anyway.
    Soooo, here's my question: did Kalinda removed the incriminating stuff from the folder before she gave it up or did she leave the bad stuff in. I'm not even sure why she gave it up -- maybe to keep the other side thinking that she's playing with them and not against them?
    I kinda got lost in some of that.

Had to chuckle about the boyfriend/girlfriend spots. Mom gets on son's case about them being together too much so they go to Dad's and get the same kind of lecture from Grandma. Tell mom about what grandma says and hey! we get to hang together more again per mom's OK. How's that for playing one side against the other? I thought it worked out well

And can I just say how much I enjoy Elspeth. The way she gets the info she wants without giving up much of anything and then leaving you wondering just WHAT hit ya! Ohhhhh, she's a treasure, that one. Leaves me laughing and wanting more. That meeting in her "cold" office - perfect setting!

Keep it coming guys! I'm enjoying this part more than I did the steamy affair between Will & Alicia. Lots of twists that make you wonder what happened on the way between scene A and scene B.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Heh, I thought Alicia just changed her mind because she didn't want to sound like Grandma, I didn't think of any premeditation

That said, great episode. Elspeth is great - you don't know what she's up to and them BAM. I'm worried about Will - I don't know what's in those folders. And Anika Noni Rose is just fabulous.

The plot thickens. And I'm very interested to see what happens next.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    OK, let me see if I got this straight in my head.
    There is a stack of files/folders that likely has some "stuff" in it that could hurt Will. Diane didn't come out and tell Kalinda to "get rid" of that stuff but the insinuation/look was there.
    Kalinda gives the "stuff" to the team going after Will. Kalinda doesn't look too pleased but does it anyway.
    Soooo, here's my question: did Kalinda removed the incriminating stuff from the folder before she gave it up or did she leave the bad stuff in.
    Or, did she possibly put in some stuff that would incriminate Cary?

I really hope that Wendy Scott Carr gets what's coming to her and that Elspeth, Kalinda, and Alicia all play a role in that.

vCash
    When we first met Wendy Scott Carr, she was the clerk to a judge that Diane was convinced was corrupt. WSC leaked a deposition to the press right before she ran against Peter. Wonder if that's the case that Kalinda passed to Dana?

I've been waiting for WSC to get nailed for that leak and I would love someone at LG to remember it and toss it back in her smug face. I have to think that the judge might like some payback too since it cost her a shot at running for office...

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Soooo, here's my question: did Kalinda removed the incriminating stuff from the folder before she gave it up or did she leave the bad stuff in. I'm not even sure why she gave it up -- maybe to keep the other side thinking that she's playing with them and not against them?
    We can only guess at this time. I thought Kalinda was giving them the complete file (Will was only forgiven $8,000, so how bad could things get for him??) and by doing so, was keeping Alicia safe. She had to sacrifice one to save the other.

But maybe what you are wondering is more the case. Kalinda went through the file and picked out the more damaging documents and left in some lesser damaging stuff. We will have to wait and see!

Had to chuckle about the boyfriend/girlfriend spots. ... How's that for playing one side against the other? I thought it worked out well
    That was SO well done by Zach. That made me think, "he'll make a great lawyer one day..."

And can I just say how much I enjoy Elspeth. The way she gets the info she wants without giving up much of anything and then leaving you wondering just WHAT hit ya! Ohhhhh, she's a treasure, that one. Leaves me laughing and wanting more. That meeting in her "cold" office - perfect setting!
    I love Elspeth as well!! Still can't believe it's the same actress from True Blood. This character is so intricate and specific in such a wondrous way. It would be great if she got an Emmy nomination for a guest starring role come Emmy time.

vCash
    We can only guess at this time. I thought Kalinda was giving them the complete file (Will was only forgiven $8,000, so how bad could things get for him??) and by doing so, was keeping Alicia safe. She had to sacrifice one to save the other.

But maybe what you are wondering is more the case. Kalinda went through the file and picked out the more damaging documents and left in some lesser damaging stuff. We will have to wait and see!

That was SO well done by Zach. That made me think, "he'll make a great lawyer one day..." :lol

I love Elspeth as well!! Still can't believe it's the same actress from True Blood. This character is so intricate and specific in such a wondrous way. It would be great if she got an Emmy nomination for a guest starring role come Emmy time.
    great episode. Teamwork w kalinda n Alicia. Previews r wow
    Perfect balance of intrigue and quirky that I love, plus mystery.
    Given that eventually Alicia n kalinda will be friends n will did not do anything very bad, I think whatever is in the folder will not be permanent damaging. But kalinda is smart enough to have left something so it does not look like a coverup,
    Just something to make a good story.

vCash
    Quick thoughts about last night's episode:

If I'm ever in trouble, I want a Kalinda in my corner. I knew she must be setting the prosecution up, but I couldn't figure out how. Well played. She's all kinds of cool. I LOL when Will took out a receipt for the donation that he gave to that judge - nice set-up Kalinda.

And Elsbeth. Although I wish things played out in such a way that she was actually part of the process (even though that's not how the grand jury indictment process works) instead of just working her magic from the sidelines.

Interesting red herring in the previews that made it seem like Alicia refused to answer questions about the affair with Will. Instead she admitted it, and it was the inference that her lover moved her up to a better office and on track for partner that had her packing. Not so much the question itself, but just the fact that WSC was going to keep on picking at her that finally got her up out of her seat.

But what's her motivation for wanting to take a leave of absence and bring the kids on vacation? Did the questioning of her "success" at the firm by WSC make her want to put things on pause? Since the show is off for 3 weeks, presumably it'll pick up after the vacation is over, but we'll see. I wonder if she will tell the kids anyway about the affair.

I was flipping back and forth between SAG awards and this episode, so I missed the interaction between David Lee and Eli. I hate the casting of Amy Sedaris in this particular guest role, and was glad we didn't see anything more than some post-coital wrap-up. I don't care that she's running his ex-wife campaign. Snooze...

Loved Diane in this whole episode. She and Will really are a terrific team.

Good Wife - see you in 3 weeks. Have a nice vacation.

vCash
    Why is there a three week break?

vCash
    Next week is the Superbowl. Not sure why they aren't showing one the following week. It's back on 2/19

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    But what's her motivation for wanting to take a leave of absence and bring the kids on vacation? Did the questioning of her "success" at the firm by WSC make her want to put things on pause? Since the show is off for 3 weeks, presumably it'll pick up after the vacation is over, but we'll see. I wonder if she will tell the kids anyway about the affair.

If Will had been indicted, the entire transcript of the Grand Juries findings would be public. Alicia and Will's tete a tete would have been public knowledge and her kid would find out. She wanted to tell them herself. Now, skip to the apartment and the phone call from Kalinda that Will was off the hook. Grand Jury testimony now not going to be released. She doesn't have to tell the kids anything. So in place she fesses up to being a bad mom and says "let's go on vacation."

Such a good show.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Did Alicia say she was taking a leave of absence? I thought she was just proposing a week vacation.

Both relieved and thrilled with how Kalinda was playing the other side. Brilliant! And interesting how she and Will set the whole thing up, outside of Elspeth's strategy. LOVED Diane meeting Elspeth. Diana on the hot seat was pretty awesome too. Even David Lee was snarky fun.

It's hard to see Amy Sedaris as anything but Amy Sedaris, and I was too wrapped up in the main storyline (and even the bit about David Lee's niece) to really notice what she and Eli were adversaries over, but that was pretty brilliant and Rather Dangerous Liaisons.

Loved Cary's line in the sand, and Peter dismissing WSC at the end. And the grand jury questions at the end! "Who's this Peter guy? Let's bring HIM in here!"
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    Loved Diane in this whole episode. She and Will really are a terrific team.
    I swear Diane/Christine Baranski is gloriousness personified.

Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    Such a good show.
    I was so blown away by this episode. After it ended, I thought, "this is the best episode of television I have ever seen". (And I love my TV!)

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    ...Peter dismissing WSC at the end.
    That was quietly brutal. Stick a fork in poor Wendy, she is DONE.

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    And the grand jury questions at the end! "Who's this Peter guy? Let's bring HIM in here!"
    Agreed. Even the bit players are brilliantly well-cast. Things went from worse to horrific for Scott Carr, the whole thing just imploded right in front of her.

vCash
    Except now she knows that Alicia had an affair. While she can't use the court transcripts as proof, she can still try to make trouble for Peter for whatever political aspirations he has. Didn't she approach Will to begin with at the basketball court to urge him to turn on Peter for her own ambitions? His refusal to do so is why she's so hellbent on getting him disbarred. But I'm betting she'll eventually circle back around to Peter and Alicia.

vCash
    I do not think we have seen the last of WSC. Anika Noni Rose is just great in the role. The casting folks of this show are the best. Everyone is so perfect in their role.
    Loved David Lee in the grand jury and afterwards. And he has a soft spot for Caitlin, so sweet.
    Also for the first time I saw how Alicia is like Caitlin, not just the favoritism in hiring, but her straighforwardness in getting to the issue, earnest in doing her job.
    I believe Alicia said something about a one week vacation.
    Also the Grand Jury, yes it will be sealed and no one seem to know who Peter was. But what is stopping one of them blabbing once they see Peter in the news, even if they are told not to. Don't just need WSC or Cary, or Cary's girlfriend (what is her name?). But with this show, nothing may happen til next season on the revelation.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast