Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Loved how Alicia found out about Jackie's snooping and her prompt fix. Too funny. Zach was so cute getting the car. I really like Zach/the actor too and find his relationships with his parents very interesting. Grace is blah, but Zach just seems real. It will be cool to see how this all unfolds, all his knowledge about his parents, and his computer skills. I think it is cute for him to be friends with Eli's daughter.
    The whole Eli thing tonight was funny, but went on too long with the food pyramid. He is better in small doses.
    Diane - love her, a smart woman! Christine Baranski is just great, loved her ever since Cybil!

vCash
    Looks like a good episode tonight!

vCash
    It was a good episode, Martha is back and with Canning! And Caitlin is competent too.
    And Kalinda searching for Grace and stayiing quiet about it. I bet at some point Grace will say something. Good way to heal their rift.
    So will Peter and Alicia reconnect?? I think Will is heartbroken and really loves Alicia, or at least thinks he does. He knows something in his life is missing, and to him it may seem like Alicia.
    I really love this show, so many good main actors/characters and lots of interesting guests. But I am getting worried that they may end up overdoing the quirky factor with every guest/occassional reoccuring characters.

vCash
    Yeah, when Diane incorrectly assumed that Alicia's tears were due to Will ending the affair and she said "She'll get over it", Will specifically replied "She will" - which I viewed as an unspoken "But I won't".

vCash
    Darn, I missed the episode as had to go to bed with raging headache an hour before it even came on. Off to see if I can find the epi online and watch it ...
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    It was a good episode, Martha is back and with Canning! And Caitlin is competent too.
    And Kalinda searching for Grace and stayiing quiet about it. I bet at some point Grace will say something. Good way to heal their rift.
    So will Peter and Alicia reconnect?? I think Will is heartbroken and really loves Alicia, or at least thinks he does. He knows something in his life is missing, and to him it may seem like Alicia.
    I really love this show, so many good main actors/characters and lots of interesting guests. But I am getting worried that they may end up overdoing the quirky factor with every guest/occassional reoccuring characters.
    I like the quirky factor and would rather see that then say--Jackie continually sticking her nose in Alicia's business. I'm tired of her but love Owen or Eli and hope we see more of both. Also Wendy Scott-Carr (I'm not sure if that is her name) is dangerous. I hope Peter isn't sorry later.

vCash
    Enjoyed this episode. TGW isn't known for twists in their narrative, so I tend to believe that Wendy Scott Carr really is after Peter (and not just trying to bluff Will). That's actually more interesting than a straightforward investigation of Will. It presents Will with a dilemma on whether to cooperate to expose Peter or maybe turn the tables on Wendy. Lots of ways the writers can go with this.

I was LMAO listening to the tennis player friend going on and on about some tribe of asian women that dictate sex with multiple partners, and so on. Alicia's face was classic The writers went a bit over the top demonstrating how far Alicia has journeyed since her days as a gossipy "Housewife of Chicago". But funny nonetheless.

Alicia was a bada** when she demanded Cary produce Kalinda. Not a detente per se, but some movement on their relationship (Kalinda and Alicia). I do like that Diane is actively positioning herself to guide Alicia. Or is she? Part of me wonders if she's just trying to make sure she's more in tune with what's going on in Alicia's life ever since she learned of the affair. With her husband as State's Attorney and the investigation against Will, Diane probably feels like she has to really invest some time with Alicia.

Wasn't sure how to interpret her look back at Will after he said, "You don't have to thank me". She lingered a bit as if something felt off to her. And it was liberating to me as a viewer that she clearly recognized that she really doesn't love Will. I like her dynamic with Peter SO much better.

Speaking of Peter, the West Wing nerd in me was reminded of a scene where Bartlett tells a seated right-wing radio "doctor" at a White House reception, "In this building, when the President stands, nobody sits". Sort of like Peter's, "I'm the States Attorney. You don't say no to me"

I enjoyed the jury review aspect of the story. But I learned way more about buttons than I ever needed to. And where was Caitlin? Digging through garbage seems a little above a 3rd year associate. I would have enjoyed watching her get her hands dirty.
    Last edited by Bostonfan; 12-12-2011 at 02:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post

Speaking of Peter, the West Wing nerd ,,,,

I enjoyed the jury review aspect of the story. But I learned way more about buttons than I ever needed to. And where was Caitlin? Digging through garbage seems a little above a 3rd year associate. I would have enjoyed watching her get her hands dirty.
    Love West Wing - so funny Peter showing his weight.
    So true - it would of been much funnier if Caitlin did the digging.

I love the layers on this show. Diane is someone we like/root for, but adding the unknown real purpose of her mentoring Alicia is so cool. I like Diane's character, but she would throw Alicia under the bus very quickly.
    Everything is not all black and white.
    Yes - the button lady was fun at first, but a little too much by the end.
    Love the turn of events with Wendy Scott Carr - Will handled it well, you can see him thinking this through. And he has to play basketball by himself.
    Some warming up between Alicia and Kalinda in the same episode that she realizes she has no friends. Liked the end where it was Diane meeting Alicia for drinks and not Kalinda. Also loved when Alicia said she would help Kalinda, the smile on Kalinda's face - so sweet.

vCash
    Yep, watch out guys, the women are beginning to bond! To quote a certain female singer from years past

I am woman, hear me roar In numbers too big to ignore
    And I know too much to go back an' pretend
    'cause I've heard it all before And I've been down there on the floor
    No one's ever gonna keep me down again

CHORUS
    Oh yes I am wise But it's wisdom born of pain
    Yes, I've paid the price But look how much I gained
    If I have to, I can do anything
    I am strong (strong)
    I am invincible (invincible)
    I am woman

You can bend but never break me 'cause it only serves to make me
    More determined to achieve my final goal
    And I come back even stronger Not a novice any longer
    'cause you've deepened the conviction in my soul

CHORUS

I am woman watch me grow See me standing toe to toe
    As I spread my lovin' arms across the land
    But I'm still an embryo With a long long way to go
    Until I make my brother understand

Oh yes I am wise But it's wisdom born of pain
    Yes, I've paid the price But look how much I gained
    If I have to I can face anything
    I am strong (strong)
    I am invincible (invincible)
    I am woman
    Oh, I am woman
    I am invincible
    I am strong
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Love that but I have to say that Wendy Scott Carr is wicked---I would not want her anywhere near me (or my position) if I worked with her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    I like the quirky factor and would rather see that then say--Jackie continually sticking her nose in Alicia's business. I'm tired of her but love Owen or Eli and hope we see more of both. Also Wendy Scott-Carr (I'm not sure if that is her name) is dangerous. I hope Peter isn't sorry later.
    Did you call that or what?!

Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Love that but I have to say that Wendy Scott Carr is wicked---I would not want her anywhere near me (or my position) if I worked with her.
    You know what they say - keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. I think Peter thought it was a good way to keep her on his side and out of his hair. So wrong. I don't know if he's into judicial corruption or not though...

Am liking this season so far. I like that they're slowly warming Alicia back to Kalinda. Having fought with friends, I know that it takes time...

Also..Cary isn't even likeable any more. Not even in the slightest. Transferring people just so their bail takes longer? He's worse than lawyers at private law firms...

Meanwhile do Grace and Zach even want to change schools? I don't think they were consulted throughout
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    The Good Wife is back!

Quick thoughts on last nights episode:

1) Loved the guest star that hit on (and then served) Diane. I never warmed up to the ballistics Republican guy that she flirted with in the past. But this new guy certainly seemed to click chemistry-wise.

2) Elsbeth is back! Yay! (Ring...FANTASIA!)

3) I never imagined a scenario where Eli's interests would intersect with David Lee's interests in order to get these two in room together to have a pissing contest, but the writers managed to do it. David Lee needed someone as sarcastic and ruthless as him to confront him. (And the Gilbert & Sullivan costume was )

4) Cary - OK, you're a good guy again in my book

vCash
    I am cause I forgot it was on!
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I thought it was a re-run because some old characters (can't remember their names) were on.

But it was a good show.

Interesting preview for next week - Arvin Sloan from Alias!!!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    This show is so good (not just the wife)!! It really seems flawless to me, every aspect so perfectly done. One show you definitely have to watch (rather than do stuff around the apartment while it airs in the background).

Loved the guest star that hit on (and then served) Diane...

Elsbeth is back...

Cary - OK, you're a good guy again in my book...
    I like all the men that like Diane. Manly men!

Elsbeth is a great character, played by a great actress. Loved how she went after Wendy Scott Carr in such a sweet, subtle way...yet also ballsy and feet to the floor!

And Cary...while I watched his scene, I wondered if he was thinking, "if this firm (or any part of it) falls apart, it will be done by me...not with me in a supporting role..." But maybe he has moved on, which is great. The bitter, spiteful thing looks so much uglier as it goes on...and on...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    The Good Wife is back!

Quick thoughts on last nights episode:

1) Loved the guest star that hit on (and then served) Diane. I never warmed up to the ballistics Republican guy that she flirted with in the past. But this new guy certainly seemed to click chemistry-wise.

2) Elsbeth is back! Yay! (Ring...FANTASIA!)

3) I never imagined a scenario where Eli's interests would intersect with David Lee's interests in order to get these two in room together to have a pissing contest, but the writers managed to do it. David Lee needed someone as sarcastic and ruthless as him to confront him. (And the Gilbert & Sullivan costume was )

4) Cary - OK, you're a good guy again in my book
    Great episode
    #1 - Guy that hit on Diane - Bryan Brown, still charming after all these years.
    I like that Diane has a type. Diane is so cool, loved the meeting with David Lee and Eli.
    Enjoyed Elsbeth - but was worried that the phone was off the hook during her meeting with Will.
    I had been worried that the show might go too quirky, especially with guest stars, but this episode, with lots going on, struck a perfect balance. I think they had the right amount of time for certain folks, like Eli. Less is more.
    F Murray Abraham is great, hope he comes back.
    Loved how Kalinda was trying to help Alicia 'take that as a yes'.
    I was reading on TWOP -someone mentioned this divorce and what happened is foreshadowing Alicia's divorce. Will David Lee try to frame Peter?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Castlerock View Post
    Interesting preview for next week - Arvin Sloan from Alias!!!
    I didn't see him in the preview. Are you sure you're not mixing him up with Bob Balaban, who play the U.S. Treasury guy Alicia tangled with earlier this season?

vCash
    I didn't see him in the preview. Are you sure you're not mixing him up with Bob Balaban, who play the U.S. Treasury guy Alicia tangled with earlier this season?

Ah, yes I am, but boy do they ever look alike.
    http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=bob+ba...1t:429,r:0,s:0
    http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=ron+ri...1t:429,r:0,s:0

vCash
    I *think* this episode was shown last night on the Canadian channel that carries it.
    Was part of it about Alicia not knowing where some paper was placed when she a first-year?
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    I *think* this episode was shown last night on the Canadian channel that carries it.
    Was part of it about Alicia not knowing where some paper was placed when she a first-year?
    Yes, that's the one

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast