21 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

vCash

The Voice - Who'd you like tonight?

Who were your faves on the night?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    are you adding a pole or can i write a haiku
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Like you ever let a haiku-writing opportunity pass you by!!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Katrina, Jamar, and Erin

-Bridget

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    katrina my fave
    but adam does not agree
    like juliet too
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    It was an entertaining show. The only one that I don't "get" is Lindsay... I'm not into angsty singers.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I'm halfway through the show and here's my rankings:

10/10 Tony Lucca (liked the weird, funky moves...only performer so far to make me want to watch instead of only listen)

5/10 Jamar Rogers - so much better than last week, which was excruciatingly horrid. He pretty much sounded like he could even sing tonight!

4/10 Erin Willett - don't know if she let her emotions overtake her singing, but she missed too many notes... The worst she's ever done.

x/10 Chris Mann - I hate this sh**. If he was on a telethon, I would have fast-forwarded his performance and probably the one that followed it in case it might have been similar. But he sang well, really well, so I'm not marking him, but he probably deserves an 8 or 9 - can't remember any errors...

Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    katrina my fave
    but adam does not agree
    like juliet too

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    And the rest:

9.9/10 - Katrina Parker. She didn't get a 10 because Tony already took that spot. Plus his performance was much more exciting. Can't figure out why Tony isn't doing better in the poll...

9/10 - Juliet Simms. Good grade considering I think that song is a sexist piece of ****!

7/10 - Lindsey Pavao. Hate the will-o-the-wisp girly singing, but she did nail that performance. Not sure why people pick songs that no one has ever heard before...

4/10 - Jermaine Paul. Know your limitations. Some of those screeches would have sounded better with a classroom of kids running their fingernails down multiple chalkboards!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    7/10 - Lindsey Pavao. Hate the will-o-the-wisp girly singing, but she did nail that performance. Not sure why people pick songs that no one has ever heard before...
    I prefer songs I haven't heard before to songs that everyone knows that are done so closely to the known arrangement that it's impossible not to compare the performance to the original (or in some case cover) artist's.

It can definitely backfire, though - there's little or no existing fan base that could end up voting for the song choice, or who might overlook some performance flaws because they are hearing the version they know along with the contestant's.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    And the rest:

9.9/10 - Katrina Parker. She didn't get a 10 because Tony already took that spot. Plus his performance was much more exciting. Can't figure out why Tony isn't doing better in the poll...
    I started out not really behind Tony & now he's one of my favs. But he opens his mouth too wide when he sings which might be off-putting to some. OTOH Phillip Phillips makes weird faces when he sings & nobody seems to mind.

vCash
    I voted for my favorite from each team, but I liked everyone except Jamar.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    I've had Skinny Love on my playlist for a long time. It's my favourite Bon Iver song. I guess its obscurity in NA is one reason that Bon Iver won the bizarre Grammy for best new artist.

Lindsey will appeal to the Indie vote. As if any Indie fans would be voters...
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I prefer songs I haven't heard before to songs that everyone knows that are done so closely to the known arrangement that it's impossible not to compare the performance to the original (or in some case cover) artist's.
    True, sometimes we discover new artists through contestant's song choices. Bon Iver is just not my thing, though. (I probably prefer Unskinny Bop over Skinny Love...)

Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I started out not really behind Tony & now he's one of my favs. But he opens his mouth too wide when he sings which might be off-putting to some. OTOH Phillip Phillips makes weird faces when he sings & nobody seems to mind.
    Tony needs to do what he does to sound as good as he does. However...nothing PP can do will ever help him! (I've been butting out of the AI threads because of him...don't wreck this thread for me too! )

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Harumph. Just got home to watch the Voice and after the undeniable chemistry between Dia Frampton and Kid Cudi, the picture stopped and stayed in that spot for the next 50 minutes! As if there was some chill in the studio and everything just froze right up! It's not my DVR, because Fashion Star kicked into gear at the 1:00 mark (I always set it to record for an extra five minutes in case a show runs long). So I have no idea what happened tonight!