Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

vCash

The Good Wife - Season 3

I didn't see a new thread started yet.

Great season opener last night. The writers sure picked a provocative storyline to start the season with!

vCash
    Yay! I was hoping I wasn't the only fan. That is what I love about the show--even when the characters are going about their daily working/after work lives there is still an element of suspense of what surprise is around the corner. And we are not talking about jaw dropping surprises (usually) but the little things that happen in relationships. And the court cases are interesting too. I agree about the storyline---Alicia is on such a tightrope and I'm not sure she realizes how boxed in she is between her husband/ her love life/ Owen's demands/ the job demands-- and then there's Kalinda. Good stuff and this is just the first episode.

vCash
    I'm just waiting for someone/anyone to catch Will & Alicia going at it somewhere. They almost seem like a pair of bunnies -- any time, any place will do.

I thought the ending was ... interesting. I think we are supposed to believe it is Will at the door but part of me wonders if one of the kids came back cause they forgot something or the daughter has decided to stay with mom. Wouldn't that put a cramp in Will's pants hahaha.

I also enjoyed seeing both Alicia & Kalinda being told to basically deal with whatever is troublilng them and get back to their regular relationship. Good luck on that one honey!

Poor ??? I've drawn a blank on his name. He told Peter that he thought Alicia & Will are over. What a hoot! He really needs to be paying closer attention to what is not said. Too bad.

Kerry - I am enjoying him thus far this season. I found it almost funny him pulling out the "but Alicia wants you recuse yourself cause there won't be any Jews working tomorrow" plea to the judge. I wonder which way he WAS going to rule before being reminded of such.

This show has a lot of twists and turns and the "good wife" is actually turning out to be a baaaaaaaad girl.
    Last edited by professordeb; 09-26-2011 at 11:03 PM.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    This show has a lot of twists and turns and the "good wife" is actually turning out to be a baaaaaaaad girl.
    I love the little things like the music they used for last night's show or Alicia's ring tone for her daughter. I'm so happy the new season has started!

vCash
    Will and Alicia

I love this show. It's so smart.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Yeah a new The Good Wife thread! Really enjoyed last night's episode, especially things like Eli saying "but I'm YOUR son of a b*tch",

Didn't understand why Kalinda did not rip into Cary after her used her that way (the security picture).

Also not really sure where I stand with Will and Alicia doing it, not sure I trust him, especially not after his "I'm not feeling anything" conversation with Kalinda.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    Also not really sure where I stand with Will and Alicia doing it, not sure I trust him, especially not after his "I'm not feeling anything" conversation with Kalinda.
    This ^
    I almost peed my pants when he said that line.

Guess he's not letting anything stand in his way of finally getting to bang the one that, until now, had gotten away.

My guess is that once he's gotten his fill of Alicia (or someone else catches his eye), he'll dump her. I just don't see him keeping her around to fulfill his sexual appetite on a permanent basis and once he dumps her ... well I can see the office becoming an even more interesting place to watch the dynamics of Alicia, Will and Kalinda. Eli could be getting an eyeful and then some ...
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Didn't understand why Kalinda did not rip into Cary after her used her that way (the security picture).
    She may be plotting her revenge.

Not good for Alicia, but good for possible plot and character development for Will. I think Will has been one of the less interesting characters on the show. This may make him a bit more interesting. Perhaps Kalinda can uncover some details from his background so that we can discover why he's so emotionally dead.

vCash
    Love Eli, and so cool he has a front row seat in the law firm! Good episode, love the twist that it was a lovers quarrel and nothing to do with bigotry. I think they are setting the stage and it will be interesting. I think Alicia is good for Will, but not sure if in the long run, Will is good for Alicia. Cary and Chris Noth are very intriguing, it will be fun to see how that relationship develops. Really loved Kalinda and the blonde investigator, they are funny helping each other out (or not) on cases.

I'm not going to get into specifics, but it's certainly frozen over.
    vCash

Poor ??? I've drawn a blank on his name. He told Peter that he thought Alicia & Will are over. What a hoot! He really needs to be paying closer attention to what is not said. Too bad.
    Eli... and I think he totally picked up on Alicia/Will, but that he was lying to Peter, because he needs Peter/Alicia together.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Alicia is on such a tightrope and I'm not sure she realizes how boxed in she is...
    If anyone can maneuver her way along a tightrope, it's Alicia!

I thought the ending was ... interesting. I think we are supposed to believe it is Will at the door but part of me wonders if one of the kids came back cause they forgot something or the daughter has decided to stay with mom. Wouldn't that put a cramp in Will's pants hahaha.
    I took that hesitancy on Alicia's part to mean, "what am I DOING? Should I not answer it and put a halt on this relationship??" To which I was not happy, I don't want her to doubt herself.

Because Kalinda is a brilliantly intelligent woman whose actions are based on just that, rather than knee-jerk emotions.

I thought that was totally out of character for Will, and very bad writing for such a well-written show.

Quote Originally Posted by Impromptu View Post
    Eli... and I think he totally picked up on Alicia/Will, but that he was lying to Peter, because he needs Peter/Alicia together.
    Yes, Eli was definitely playing chess.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I took that hesitancy on Alicia's part to mean, "what am I DOING? Should I not answer it and put a halt on this relationship??" To which I was not happy, I don't want her to doubt herself.
    I didn't see it as any hesitancy per se but only wondering *who* might be at the door and speculating that it might not be whom Alicia thinks it's going to be - Will.

And I am *totally* off in not realizing the Eli probably did see what was going on with Will & Alicia but pretended differently to Peter. Wonder if Peter believed Eli? Interesting times coming ...
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    In the scenes from next week, the very last cut was of a door opening and Diane is standing there. I barely caught it but I think that's the ending of the last scene teaser.

It's pretty clear to me that most of what both Will and Alicia said to anyone at the firm during this episode was very calculated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    It's pretty clear to me that most of what both Will and Alicia said to anyone at the firm during this episode was very calculated.
    Yeah. He could have been trying to trick Kalinda into thinking he and Alicia aren't having a relationship. One way or another, I think Kalinda will be looking into this.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Will and Alicia
    I agree. Esp. their first scene together in that episode, when they're in Will's apt., standing up ... that might be the closest we've seen to a climax on a network drama.

I'm not sure how I feel about Willicia in the long term ... but in the short term it's smokin, give me more. And I love seeing Alicia feeling sexy & confident.

My only quibble about the writing in that episode was the conclusion of murder case. Way too quick, way too behind-the-scenes. I wanted to see Kary with egg all over his face, and I really wanted to see some political fallout for the prosecutors' office for running to trial so quickly with zero evidence and zero investigation. (But the phone call with Eli and the "is this good for our image" was pretty good.)

So shall we take bets on how long before we see Kalinda hook up with blonde prosecutor investigator chick?

vCash
    I thought the ending was ... interesting. I think we are supposed to believe it is Will at the door but part of me wonders if one of the kids came back cause they forgot something or the daughter has decided to stay with mom.
    I thought that too: Alicia is having second thoughts on her relationship with Will, or at least the way they arrange meetings.
    It's never good to hear your secret lover ring the door bell while you see yourself in the mirror: coscience stay clean as long as you don't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I love the little things like the music they used for last night's show or Alicia's ring tone for her daughter. I'm so happy the new season has started!
    It's funny. I think they were using last season too.

Yes, Eli was definitely playing chess.
    And his bluffing face is so engaging - I could totally see the younger girl falling for him, last seson.

Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Not good for Alicia, but good for possible plot and character development for Will. I think Will has been one of the less interesting characters on the show. This may make him a bit more interesting.
    Aw, I love Will as he is.

---

This show is great!
    And Chigago, of all places, is just the cherry on top <3

---

My wishes:
    * Please tell me soon about Kalinda's past. I'm no good with patience when it comes to this sort of things.
    * Please, let Alicia and Will have their, er, "cute meets" for another ten episodes at least. Don't put dramain the way too soon.
    Last edited by loulou; 09-27-2011 at 11:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post

So shall we take bets on how long before we see Kalinda hook up with blonde prosecutor investigator chick?
    I am pretty sure they hooked up at the end of last season. Or am I confused?

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I was obsessed with this the first season and then missed all of season 2. I keep hoping it will appear on Netflix streaming so I can make a weekend of it and then get back into it. I almost started watching this season but then I would be confused and never go back to watch season 2 and possibly quit watching all together because of the confusion.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    I am pretty sure they hooked up at the end of last season. Or am I confused?
    They did. Then Kalinda, already feeling guilty about sleeping with Alicia's husband, found out that the investigator was married and hasn't been with her since. There was a reference to it in Sunday's show.

Brian, the second season is out on DVD. Maybe your local library has it? It was a really good season.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    I'd bet against it as the actress (Kelli Giddish) is one of the new leads on Law and Order: SVU.

Spoiler

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast