Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

vCash
    hulu.com?
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrak View Post
    Is there anywhere I can watch last night's episode online in Canada? I tried abc.com but it's only available in the U.S.A. I missed it and have to see it before the finale. Thanks.
    What network carries it in Canada? That network's website may have video for Canada.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrak View Post
    Is there anywhere I can watch last night's episode online in Canada? I tried abc.com but it's only available in the U.S.A. I missed it and have to see it before the finale. Thanks.
    Go to the CTV website. I have watched several episodes there.

vCash
    : awww, I didn't think I was going to cry, but it got to me in the end.

vCash
    The episode as a whole was kinda blah but oh boy, the last few minutes were so lovely.

vCash
    I miss my Wives already!

vCash
    I kept looking out for Angie at the end but didn't see her - did I miss her or was she just not there?

Also, I guess there was obviously no way to include Edie.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I thought this was a very satisfying ending to the show. McClusky dying made me start . Actually, that whole last 15 minutes I was . And the ending wrapped everything up very nicely I thought. At least they sort of told you what happens to everyone in the future, and everyone seemed to have a happy life. But there's no way Bree's future was believable. With a past like Bree has, there is no way in hell she woulda ever been elected to any kind of office with all the bad stuff her opponents could bring out.

That last little bit about the new neighbors moving in and her hiding the box was clever in an "everyone has their secrets as a new set of Desperate Housewives moves onto the Lane" kinda way.

I hate it when my shows end though.

vCash
    I feel strange. I used to identify Sunday nights / beginning of the work week with Desperate Housewives.

On the one hand, I became about the series and was half-jokingly wishing for its quick demise, but now I can't get the series finale out of my head. Also, as much as I've always disliked Susan, her speech about wrapping one's self in memories struck a chord for me.

The writing was pretty formulaic, though (with some funny moments). Happy ending for everyone except Mrs. McCluskey.

One writing 'hole' - How does Bree join a conservative women's league and get elected locally in KY with her past as it is My BF pointed that out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkats View Post
    I kept looking out for Angie at the end but didn't see her - did I miss her or was she just not there?

Also, I guess there was obviously no way to include Edie.
    Angie isn't dead. Unless I missed something, the characters shown are all dead. Edie's absence was extremely obvious. There were long forgotten characters standing there and one of the show's leading ladies missing.

vCash
    Shouldn't Mrs. McCluskey have been there at the end, too? I didn't see her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pilgrimsoul View Post
    Shouldn't Mrs. McCluskey have been there at the end, too? I didn't see her.
    She and her son, who died when he was about 12, were the first ones shown.

vCash
    I enjoyed the finale, but have kind of an empty feeling this morning. I'm going to miss it. For me personally, one scene that will probably stay with me for a long time was when Susan tells Julie that you know you've reached middle age when your memories become more important than your dreams. How very true!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    Angie isn't dead. Unless I missed something, the characters shown are all dead. Edie's absence was extremely obvious. There were long forgotten characters standing there and one of the show's leading ladies missing.
    I was incosistent watching a couple of seasons, and I don't know the actor who played Edie - so I might be missing out for either one of the reasons.

Why wasn't Edie there with the dead ones?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by loulou View Post
    Why wasn't Edie there with the dead ones?
    The actress who played Edie, Nicolette Sheridan, is suing the show's creator, Marc Cherry, for wrongful termination.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilou View Post
    I enjoyed the finale, but have kind of an empty feeling this morning. I'm going to miss it. For me personally, one scene that will probably stay with me for a long time was when Susan tells Julie that you know you've reached middle age when your memories become more important than your dreams. How very true!!
    That was a great statement from Susan. I appreciated that idea, as there does seem to come that point in life.

The finale was well done in my opinion. I even liked the fact that it left with a mystery (the woman and the box). It was a bit sentimental to have Susan drive around the block with the ghosts of residents past watching, but I liked the idea. It was bold to even try that technique, as people are going to look for who is missing and who was overlooked.

Karen's death scene was done rather sweetly. My own mother frequently discusses her memories in terms of the music she and her friends liked at that time. So I felt a little tug at my heart with the idea of wanting to hear the same song over and over at the end.

I also appreciated the idea that was expressed that some neighbors only share a fence. That is how it is in my own neighborhood now, but I can remember living in a place that was more Wisteria Lane like when I first moved to the US.

I was also grateful that there weren't endless montages of past memories. There were certainly some, but it wasn't overdone. Clip shows are rarely as well done as they should be and frequently take me as a fewer out of the fantasy of the show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    Oh, good point.

Something else I've wondered for awhile: is Orson actually dead? I know there was that one scene when Bree says the police aren't seriously considering Orson's evidence because "Orson's...gone". I don't think I saw him last night either, so maybe he just went poof...
    Last edited by mkats; 05-14-2012 at 11:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkats View Post
    Something else I've wondered for awhile: is Orson actually dead? I know there was that one scene when Bree says the police aren't seriously considering Orson's evidence because "Orson's...gone". I don't think I saw him last night either, so maybe he just went poof...
    Not dead. Simply disappeared. Left town.

Even after watching a YouTube video where they identified all the ghosts, I still don't remember who one of the guys is.

vCash
    Bradley Scott? It took me a moment to remember he was Carlos's boss, got killed by his wife when she found out he was having an affair.

Here's a vid of ghost identifications.
    Last edited by mkats; 05-15-2012 at 01:10 AM.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    hulu.com?
    I've known about Hulu for a while. I usually go there if I miss an episode. Here's a link that will take you directly to the Desperate Housewives episodes:

http://www.hulu.com/search?query=Des...s&st=0&fs=null
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast